José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

I think we could push for a top 7 place this season. Any higher is unrealistic so if he is after top 4 and knows he'll not get that here then what chance do we have? Sign a contract and we could get to that level in a few years but in the next 1 or 2 years it's not realistic whether we spend £10m or £100m.

I appreciate your optimism but if we only sign 2-3 players we're not exactly making a massive statement of intent unless they're ridiculously good players nor will we make a challenge for the top 7 unless other teams get weaker, we're already 2 men (Campbell and Carroll) down on what we started last season with both of whom need replacing but other team/squad deficiencies that could be addressed.

I think we could push for a top 7 place this season. Any higher is unrealistic so if he is after top 4 and knows he'll not get that here then what chance do we have? Sign a contract and we could get to that level in a few years but in the next 1 or 2 years it's not realistic whether we spend £10m or £100m.

I agree with most of that except that I don't think Jose will be looking for top 4 if he goes, we'll see.

I appreciate your optimism but if we only sign 2-3 players we're not exactly making a massive statement of intent unless they're ridiculously good players nor will we make a challenge for the top 7 unless other teams get weaker, we're already 2 men (Campbell and Carroll) down on what we started last season with both of whom need replacing but other team/squad deficiencies that could be addressed.

We're probably 3 players down as I can't see Routledge coming back.

You probably could challenge us for 7th because frankly it doesn't look like we're going forward anytime soon.

If we could have a first half of the season that is anything other than fucking abysmal, then I may change my mind.

We're probably 3 players down as I can't see Routledge coming back.

True.

No the exact opposite. We are nowhere near having the same ambitions as Man Utd & Liverpool at the moment, which is why when a bigger club comes in a) the player's head will be turned and b) if mental money is offered the club will always consider it.

And the same applies to Villa, Everton, Spurs, etc.

Two of those clubs have shown more ambition than us, none of them are run as poorly as we are.

So I'm wondering why doesn't someone buy the club and run it better? The only serious bids we have had were Barry Moat who the banks wouldn't touch with a bargepole, and the NUSC who never got beyond boycoutting the club pies in favour of Greggs pasties.

So I'm wondering why doesn't someone buy the club and run it better? The only serious bids we have had were Barry Moat who the banks wouldn't touch with a bargepole, and the NUSC who never got beyond boycoutting the club pies in favour of Greggs pasties.

The owners of Man City were interested in buying us, as to why others haven't, no idea.

Guest Mantis

we are three players down from last Aug and we needed more quality even back then.  Cant see this going well if our key players are leaving or are counting down to leave.  We need  to retain the little quality we have and retain leaders like Nolan and Barton.  No point in stressing too much, the dictatorships circus and lies will continue.

It was Ali al-Faraj (the frontman for the City deal - who ended up owning Portsmouth) that was interested in buying us, I think.

Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim was part of the team which bought Man City for the Abu Dhabi United Group, he was looking at Man City, Arsenal and us.  He tried to speak to Ashley who wasn't interested in selling the club.

The owners of Man City were interested in buying us, as to why others haven't, no idea.

Join Joey's twitter group then, he's banking on new owners to give him the contract he deserves.

It was Ali al-Faraj (the frontman for the City deal - who ended up owning Portsmouth) that was interested in buying us, I think.

Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim was part of the team which bought Man City for the Abu Dhabi United Group, he was looking at Man City, Arsenal and us.  He tried to speak to Ashley who wasn't interested in selling the club.

Then Ashley put the club up for sale around 6 weeks later.  :lol:

What could have been

Join Joey's twitter group then, he's banking on new owners to give him the contract he deserves.

I should join a twitter group because the current owners of Man City were interested in buying us, I don't see the connection.

I should join a twitter group because the current owners of Man City were interested in buying us, I don't see the connection.

You were the one who made a connection.

Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim was part of the team which bought Man City for the Abu Dhabi United Group, he was looking at Man City, Arsenal and us.  He tried to speak to Ashley who wasn't interested in selling the club.

Then Ashley put the club up for sale around 6 weeks later.  :lol:

What could have been

Yeah, we could've been Portsmouth, if only. :lol:

So what? That in no way qualifies him to be the owner of a football club - look at the Pompey farca. I'm glad he didn't buy us. I suspect the bid was probably something totally laughable anyway.

So what? That in no way qualifies him to be the owner of a football club - look at the Pompey farca. I'm glad he didn't buy us. I suspect the bid was probably something totally laughable anyway.

It wasn't him, it was him working for the owner of Man City who was looking to buy a club.