José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Why define it as a problem at all? It seems to me the right decision.

It's only the right decision if the money makes the team stronger, I see no reason to take it for granted that it will, even if you seem to find it easy to do so.

The club's not falling apart but if they all decide to leave then it's a hell of a mess to sort out. Massive couple of months for us coming up. 

:thup:

The club's not falling apart but if they all decide to leave then it's a hell of a mess to sort out. Massive couple of months for us coming up. 

I didn't say that the club was falling apart, I said things and by that I meant everything that got us back into the Premiership.  Jonas and Coloccini are now being mentioned as doubts for being here next season.  I'm not sure where that's come from but it's not looking too good and it appears that players may have become unsettled.

Agree with you 100% Cajun.

Exactly, some people are getting way ahead of themselves.

I was quite looking forward to this window, see who we get in and reshape the squad, but this place is clearly hell bent on magnifying any negatives and setbacks and concentrating fully on them. It might be silly season, but really the only silliness so far has come from a group of posters on here who make emo's look all sunny and fuking shiny.

Nolan has 2 years left, whether he is still up for it after then I don't know but I have no concerns about him not extending at the moment.

The Carroll, Barton and Enrique comments just seem to completely ignore what I said so I don't really know what to say to those :lol:

At the moment we have lost one player for a crazy sum. That's where we are at the minute. If we lose Nolan in 2 years I hope we replace him, if we lose Barton in a year I hope we replace him.

Enrique may be a lost cause depending on what he wants, he is one of the best left backs in the league imo and could be playing for a top 4 side. We can't realistically offer him that so no show of ambition is going to change that, not sure what we can do about it.

The question is how we respond to these players leaving (if they leave), that's when I will decide where we are heading and whether or not the club is falling apart.

It's not nice to have question marks over your better players but it happens at most clubs, Arsenal have had a question mark over their captain for the last couple of seasons and sooner or later he will leave, that's football. Manchester United have had it over Rooney, City over Tevez. It gets boring for the supporters of those clubs but as said, it's just what happens.

I didn't say that the club was falling apart, I said things and by that I meant everything that got us back into the Premiership.  Jonas and Coloccini are now being mentioned as doubts for being here next season.  I'm not sure where that's come from but it's not looking too good and it appears that players may have become unsettled.

That comment was from .com deliberating taking something out of context.

Exactly, some people are getting way ahead of themselves.

I was quite looking forward to this window, see who we get in and reshape the squad, but this place is clearly hell bent on magnifying any negatives and setbacks and concentrating fully on them. It might be silly season, but really the only silliness so far has come from a group of posters on here who make emo's look all sunny and fuking shiny.

:lol:

Nolan has 2 years left, whether he is still up for it after then I don't know but I have no concerns about him not extending at the moment.

The Carroll, Barton and Enrique comments just seem to completely ignore what I said so I don't really know what to say to those :lol:

At the moment we have lost one player for a crazy sum. That's where we are at the minute. If we lose Nolan in 2 years I hope we replace him, if we lose Barton in a year I hope we replace him.

Enrique may be a lost cause depending on what he wants, he is one of the best left backs in the league imo and could be playing for a top 4 side. We can't realistically offer him that so no show of ambition is going to change that, not sure what we can do about it.

The question is how we respond to these players leaving (if they leave), that's when I will decide where we are heading and whether or not the club is falling apart.

It's not nice to have question marks over your better players but it happens at most clubs, Arsenal have had a question mark over their captain for the last couple of seasons and sooner or later he will leave, that's football. Manchester United have had it over Rooney, City over Tevez. It gets boring for the supporters of those clubs but as said, it's just what happens.

The comments you made about players and contracts were opinion and couldn't be proven or disproven so I didn't see any point on commenting as I couldn't agree or disagree.

You seem to think that the club can't do anything to shape it's own destiny and that anything which happens just happens.  I think that the football club could and should be able to keep players but too many negatives are preventing us from doing that.

Yeah .com mentioned about them leaving but the originaly question was about them being potentially unsettled by Jose leaving. Big difference imo.

The club can do something to shape it's destiny, but only so much. If players like Jose want what we can't give them (CL football) then we don't really have a chance. Not good but we are no longer a top 4 club and as said that was the case before Ashley and co came in.

Yeah .com mentioned about them leaving but the originaly question was about them being potentially unsettled by Jose leaving. Big difference imo.

The club can do something to shape it's destiny, but only so much. If players like Jose want what we can't give them (CL football) then we don't really have a chance. Not good but we are no longer a top 4 club and as said that was the case before Ashley and co came in.

Has Jose said that he wants to leave because he wants CL football?

So no? My argument is based on the assumption everyone thinks he is off. If he does leave I will be shocked if it's not to a club who are better than us and not just now but have generally been better than us for a good number of years.

That's something that happens all the time.

So no? My argument is based on the assumption everyone thinks he is off. If he does leave I will be shocked if it's not to a club who are better than us and not just now but have generally been better than us for a good number of years.

That's something that happens all the time.

I agree with the assumption that he will probably go although I think he could still have a long hard think about it and decide that what he has here isn't so bad.  I doubt that if he goes he'll be looking at a club that's in the CL.

'If I have to...'

We're offering a new contract so no need to leave....

And Jose staying was always dependant on him being offered a new contract, he must have been really concerned about that.  :lol: 

Guest Heneage

He thinks he's good enough to play at the top tier of football. I'd concur with his opinion and as long as we get a good fee wish him the best of luck.

He thinks he's good enough to play at the top tier of football. I'd concur with his opinion and as long as we get a good fee wish him the best of luck.

Does in not bother you that he might not think we can give him what he wants?  I doubt that he'll leave here expecting instant success if he does leave.

What's he expecting from us this summer then? It's pretty obvious we're going to sign 2 or 3 good players this summer. Unless he's expecting wholesale changes and half a team replaced?

It would appear that he's not expecting too much good to happen.  It was obvious that we were going to sign players in January, look what happened.