José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

step 1 in the PR war when he fucks off: we offered him a fantastic contract and he turned it down

:lol:

it's fucking gold man

Painful isn't it?

In what way?

Do you think the club want rid of him?

i dunno man, i think it was wullie who said something like "there isn't a player who's left the club under MA who hasn't been called a cunt after leaving" or whatever and he's right

release a statement nobody forced them into claiming "fantastic" offer to be made when according to all sources for the last few months jose has wanted away...it's surely all just shit you get taught in the first day at PR school no?

step 1 in the PR war when he fucks off: we offered him a fantastic contract and he turned it down

it's fucking gold man

Painful isn't it?

In what way?

no, they know he's gonna go but want to "appear" whiter than white and telling everyone about the "fantastic" offer absolves them of everything doesn't it?

doesn't it?

it's fucking gold man

Painful isn't it?

yeah it is actually, very, things are taking an all too familiar shape at a very early point in the window unfortunately

it's fucking gold man

Painful isn't it?

In what way?

no, they know he's gonna go but want to "appear" whiter than white and telling everyone about the "fantastic" offer absolves them of everything doesn't it?

doesn't it?

Precisely. It's all about the 'he left us'. Defames the players - creates sympathy for the club.

I wonder just how much does hinge on us bringing in this 60-40 Striker (as he shall henceforth be known) and whether that might be a signal of intent for the club which they hope might persaude Luis Enrique Iglesias to stay on.

You actually believe the Pardster then?

it's fucking gold man

Painful isn't it?

In what way?

doesn't it?

Precisely. It's all about the 'he left us'. Defames the players - creates sympathy for the club.

Aye, that seems to be working well :lol:

step 1 in the PR war when he f***s off: we offered him a fantastic contract and he turned it down

it's f***ing gold man

or step 1 of milking the dippers when he innevitably leaves?

it's fucking gold man

Painful isn't it?

In what way?

doesn't it?

Aye, that seems to be working well :lol:

was fairly effective with carroll imo

step 1 in the PR war when he f***s off: we offered him a fantastic contract and he turned it down

it's f***ing gold man

Painful isn't it?

In what way?

doesn't it?

So you would prefer it if we didnt  offer him a new contract?

i dunno man, i think it was wullie who said something like "there isn't a player who's left the club under MA who hasn't been called a cunt after leaving" or whatever and he's right

release a statement nobody forced them into claiming "fantastic" offer to be made when according to all sources for the last few months jose has wanted away...it's surely all just shit you get taught in the first day at PR school no?

What is wrong with saying if they've made him a good offer to stay or not?

I think it's fair to say everyone wants to keep Enrique but with one year left on his contract the ball is in his court, to me I see it as Pardew trying to put a little pressure on committing by letting everyone know he will be offered a good deal instead of making him out to be a cunt before cashing in since we'll be lucky to even get our money back on him.

Would it be better to keep quiet? Personally out of all of the things going on this summer the Enrique situation is one of the things near the top of the list of things I'm worried about and I'm guessing it's the same for most others so to know what's going in terms of whether he's been offered a new deal or not and at what stage we're at with him is reassuring.

I wonder just how much does hinge on us bringing in this 60-40 Striker (as he shall henceforth be known) and whether that might be a signal of intent for the club which they hope might persaude Luis Enrique Iglesias to stay on.

You actually believe the Pardster then?

Please don't call him that.

With respect to the 60-40 Striker, yes. Bit of a needless lie to tell - I mean we have our conspiracy theorists (and perhaps justifably so) but the convoluted psychology involved in some of the theorising does tickle me.

I do fully accept that it could be a load, but I just don't think it is. I could give my reasons for thinking that, but then I too would sound like I was reading too much into small clues ;)

Guest Roger Kint

Entirely predictable stuff from the usual suspects. Ignore the fact if Jose leaves it will be down to him wanting to go and nothing else as is his right. Nothing wrong at all with the club giving it one last shot to keep him and i would be pretty pissed off if they didnt try even though i think its a futile exercise at this stage.

60-40, just what's the point in him saying that. :lol:

It's either going to happen or it's not, no point talking about it otherwise. Looks a bit desperate IMO; 'We're trying! Honest!' :laugh:

it's fucking gold man

Painful isn't it?

In what way?

doesn't it?

This is just ridiculous. :lol:

If Enrique doesn't sign a new contract and does move then it will be his decision, if that defames him in the eyes of fans then it's his fault and I didn't need Pardew to tell me he will be offered a new contract to work that out either.

Do people think the club wouldn't offer him a good contract? I mean seriously...

If anyone thinks we actually want Enrique to leave now for a discount fee rather than sign a new contract I have to say they're mental.

I imagine they'd want him to leave for a good fee.

If anyone thinks we actually want Enrique to leave now for a discount fee rather than sign a new contract I have to say they're mental.

I'd imagine they want him to leave now for a good fee.

Rather than sign a new contract?