Leeds to start League One 15 points adrift

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I don't think Bates has been as bad as people make out for Leeds, if they get the appeal reduced to less than -10 points then they've managed to wipe out the debt and could go straight back up. 2 seasons ago he backed the manager with money and they were 90 minutes away from the premiership.

Ridsdale is the one who destroyed them, when he took over Leeds they probably had the most potential of any club in the country with little debt, good training facilities, their own stadium and the best academy in England and he left them with nothing but £100m debt AFTER every asset they had was sold.

bollocks,as tax payers bates is the one who has tried to rip us off for £7.7 mill not to mention all the others bates wants to pay short.

Poor Leeds.

Those guys selling the paper are gonna be right pissed off lol.

YOOOOOOOOOOORKSIRE POST!

Tell you what though I doubt it will impact on their attendances. Hardcore following an' all.

Aye, I doubt those who carried on going last year when they were in the shit will suddenly decide they're not going any more.

Poor Leeds.

Those guys selling the paper are gonna be right pissed off lol.

YOOOOOOOOOOORKSIRE POST!

Tell you what though I doubt it will impact on their attendances. Hardcore following an' all.

Aye, I doubt those who carried on going last year when they were in the s*** will suddenly decide they're not going any more.

Wonder if there will be even more pitch invasions :rolleyes:

Guest unrealterrorist

Strange my best mate is a dirty leeds fan to he is well gutted. Have told him to get a NUFC season ticket as we have most of the players from leeds when they were in the Champions League. Lets just say he wasnt laughing.

Guest unrealterrorist

yeah well, my best mate has virtually become an nufc fan since I took him to West Ham away (4-2, owen hatrick) 2 years ago so he'll get over Leeds' demise, hopefully like

I have been to many a Toon match with Stan but he has a leeds badge tatooed on his arm and wont give up the faith.

Guest unrealterrorist

hmmm funny that, at the 4-3 game 6 years ago we were attacked by a guy with a Leed's tattoo

No he is a big softy and he would of only been 19.

• 2 weeks later...

Just over 24,000 there for their first home game in League One.

Now I can't stand them, but that's a f*cking great crowd.

100% agree. Thats great support.

Cant imagine what it must be like to be a Leeds fan at the moment.

And some of our fans have the gall to mumble a boo when we only draw 0-0 with Villa in the Premiership.

Some strange goings on in their programme apparently - firstly the league table showed them second top without the -15 points. 

The squad number announcements page showed the squad numbers 13, 14, -15, 16, 17 and there was a "-15" page between pages 14 and 16. 

My guess would be that the league table was a result of incompetance and the hidden "-15s" the work of some mickey taking wag at the printers.

Some strange goings on in their programme apparently - firstly the league table showed them second top without the -15 points. 

The squad number announcements page showed the squad numbers 13, 14, -15, 16, 17 and there was a "-15" page between pages 14 and 16. 

My guess would be that the league table was a result of incompetance and the hidden "-15s" the work of some mickey taking wag at the printers.

The game was also delayed by...oh, 15 minutes. It was all orchestrated by the fans&club as a protest/dig at the additional points deduction (they had 10pts taken away last season as well).

Leeds are currently top of the league without the deduction, still have the best goal difference and it's not impossible that Wise can get them into promotion/play-off spots if his small squad can stay fit.

Wise and Boothroyd are on Sky sports new. Jeff Stelling asked wise, "What are your targets for this season?". Which Wise replys, "Well obviously we'll be looking for promotion whether it be the via Play offs of Winning the league"

Stelling asks Boothroyd what his targets are, in which he replys, "We'll my targets are to win the league by at least 20 points, dont let in any more that 5 goals all season and Win The F.A & Carling Cup with our reserves this season"

Stelling replys "Don't you think thats being a bit optimistic?" Which boothroyd replys "Well Denis started it!"

;D

Guest johnson293

Actually, thinking about leeds predicament another way - they start the season 15 points down, meaning they have to win their first 5 to get to 0.

They have already won two of those matches.

Remember last season in the Championship - Sunderland started with 5 straight defeats before Keane was appointed - look where they ended up!

OK, a lot depends on whether the players last the pace, and Injuries are kind to them, and how other teams do - but I suppose the Mackems showed that it is possible to start a season with that kind of handicap, and actually win a league!