The Official 07/08 Betting Thread (Ante post-August)

Jamie

I've stuck 20p on Man U, Sheff Utd, Nottingham Forest, Barcelona, Inter, Bayern & Lyon to win their titles. Will win £140.

Did you not read my post? You should have gone with Charlton and AC ;)

I've stuck 20p on Man U, Sheff Utd, Nottingham Forest, Barcelona, Inter, Bayern & Lyon to win their titles. Will win £140.

Did you not read my post? You should have gone with Charlton and AC ;)

Yeah I did, just think Sheff Utd & Inter will do better. ;)

Anyone else think Athletico could be a suprise package ?

No.  They have made a few good signings but are still far away from being up there with Barça and Real.  Not a hope they will win La Liga.

Oh, and it's Atletico.[/pedant]

Just quickly did search for gambling thread, but one was pretty much dead.  A gambling thread dedicated to football would get more replies and insign in football section.

I'm getting on Everton at home to Wigan.

Getting pretty good odds now but going to place a wee before kick off to get all the line up news!

A safe bet if i should say so myself :frantic:

..don't like the look of Spurs.. first game of season.  at SoL could easily wind up as a home win/draw

That's 700/1  :cheesy:

699/1

He'll WIN £140. He'll also get his 20p stake returned.

700/1. ;)

Athletico madrid will either finish 1st or 2nd.

No they won't.

One bet, if I make one this year, will be either Bent or Berbatov to be top scorer. Both were 12/1.

RVN has fucked off, as has Henry. Owen'll never stay fit, Torres will take time to adapt and Rooney isn't a 20+ striker. Drogba will miss about 6 games due to the ACN.

One or the other will be top scorer imo. 

Guest optimistic nit

RvP will be up there, but not top scorer. IMO there is too much competition up front for spurs for either to  be top scorer.

I'd consider sticking a couple of quid on the brum to draw away to chelsea. Chelsea have a whole team out, and the brum will be on a high after promotion. There's an outside chane imo that they can nick a draw.