Top three best first touch players we have

Skirge

I'd go with Solano, Emre and Owen.

Viduka's touch is very good but he tends to get the ball with his back to goal and simply needs to control it. Wingers and forwards like Owen often need to take the ball into their stride and for those sorts of players the first touch is often the most important. I'd include Emre as well simply because his ball control in tight spaces is probably the best of anyone in the squad.

For what it's worth Dyer's first touch is good as well.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

People really going overboard on the Geremi bandwagon if you ask me. :lol:

what the fuck are you talking about? Anyway, to answer the quesetion

Geremi

Geremi

Geremi

No point putting anyone else down there because he is blatantly the best. In the world.

People really going overboard on the Geremi bandwagon if you ask me. :lol:

what the f*** are you talking about? Anyway, to answer the quesetion

Geremi

Geremi

Geremi

No point putting anyone else down there because he is blatantly the best. In the world.

Fuck off.

Geremi is miles better than all the players you've listed.

can't beleive anyone is saying Owen, i think his first touch is almost as bad as Martins', and his overall control of the ball is imo definitely worse. oba is actually pretty skilful once he's finally got it under control, while owen looks like he has a grenade at his toes in general play. don't neccessarily agree that oba's first touch needs improving massively, it is more that he needs to improve his anticipation and decision making. if he does this, then he has enough pace in his locker to make his poor first touch irrelevant, much like Drogba whose initial control of the ball is usually awkward. likewise, Owen has never in his career needed to improve his general build up play, as that is not what he is about, so it's an irrelevance.

Probably say Geremi, Emre and Solano, tho Viduka and Smith can trap it pretty well too.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

In all seriousness it has to be Nobby by a country mile. This is the man who played at Boca with the God of football, Maradona. He's got that South American touch, beautiful player to watch the way he controls  the ball.

I'd go with Solano, Emre and Owen.

Viduka's touch is very good but he tends to get the ball with his back to goal and simply needs to control it. Wingers and forwards like Owen often need to take the ball into their stride and for those sorts of players the first touch is often the most important. I'd include Emre as well simply because his ball control in tight spaces is probably the best of anyone in the squad.

For what it's worth Dyer's first touch is good as well.

Solano, Emre, Dyer, Viduka, Geremi and Nicky Butt all have a good first touch. Solano is the best of that lot.

Martins is like a statue at time with his first touch, he has at times shown great skill but most of the time the ball just bounces of him.

Once he gets his first touch sorted he will be a much more effective player for us.

It's no gaurantee he'll ever get his first touch "sorted" though, it's generally an innate thing. He can improve it, no doubt, but I doubt his first touch will ever be top class.

Then, he has enough other qualities to his game that he can get away with his first touch only being alright.

Oh no doubt he is a class player but at times his first touch is such a let down, it is a part of his game he can work on and I am sure is something Big Sam will look at with him.

I agree with Shak. There's a fair bit of doubt imo.

I remember that interview after the spurs game where he admitted he didn't actually shoot he was just trying to get it under control.

can't beleive anyone is saying Owen, i think his first touch is almost as bad as Martins', and his overall control of the ball is imo definitely worse. oba is actually pretty skilful once he's finally got it under control, while owen looks like he has a grenade at his toes in general play. don't neccessarily agree that oba's first touch needs improving massively, it is more that he needs to improve his anticipation and decision making. if he does this, then he has enough pace in his locker to make his poor first touch irrelevant, much like Drogba whose initial control of the ball is usually awkward. likewise, Owen has never in his career needed to improve his general build up play, as that is not what he is about, so it's an irrelevance.

Probably say Geremi, Emre and Solano, tho Viduka and Smith can trap it pretty well too.

Generally I agree with most of what you say, but I can't believe this.

Owen's first touch is very, very good. He tends to get the ball in and then move it along quickly to someone more likely to create something while spinning away and trying to get himself into a goalscoring position. Rarely loses the ball or has it bounce aimlessly off him as Oba does.

Look at him when the ball comes to him in the box. He generally needs one touch to put it in a position where he can have a shot at goal, before defenders get anywhere near him.

That he looks like he has a grenade at his feet in general play is moreso to do with the fact that he recognises what his own strengths are, and it isn't picking out incisive passes or running at multiple defenders. Get it to someone who can, rather than fanny about as Martins so often does before losing it.

Any chance of a 'Luque Forum'?

We can put all the blindly pro-Luque mongs in there and they can start threads and have their own discussion in there. I reckon they'd all get along famously and really enjoy it.

We can put all the blindly pro-Luque mongs in there and they can start threads and have their own discussion in there. I reckon they'd all get along famously and really enjoy it.

Nowt wrong with the lads comment tbh. Luque does actually have a very good first touch. I tend to forget about Albert but the lad is right in what he says.

Nowt wrong with the lads comment tbh. Luque does actually have a very good first touch. I tend to forget about Albert but the lad is right in what he says.

Do you think Milner has a good touch?