Taylor in England squad.

James

glad to see david james back in england squad as he is englands best keeper. However, no way taylor should be in squad when lescott isnt

He's been the only thing that even remotely looks like a footballer for Boro in their first two games this season.

not difficult ;D just think he is too easily nulified if a team plays a high line as he doesnt have the trickery nor pace to cause a problem

Guest makeyourself

so Bentley has been left out of both the U-21 and full squads? serves him right

Serves him right just because he was tired?

No because he waited till after the squad deadline to say he was tired which meant england went to a tournament a man short

who cares its only the shitty under 21s. would be worth making a big deal out of it if he pulled out the senior team. i mean look at gerrard, playing for liverpool but not for england, should he be dropped?

The Squad

Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur)

David James (Portsmouth)

Scott Carson (Aston Villa on loan)

Micah Richards (Manchester City)

Wes Brown (Manchester United)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea)

Sol Campbell (Portsmouth)-Lescott

Steven Taylor (Newcastle United)

Phil Neville (Everton)

Nicky Shorey (Reading)

David Beckham (LA Galaxy)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United)

Gareth Barry (Aston Villa)

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough)Milner

Kieron Dyer (West Ham United) Bentley

Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United)

Alan Smith (Newcastle United)

Michael Owen (Newcastle United)

Peter Crouch (Liverpool)

Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspur)

Andrew Johnson (Everton)

Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

Fixed your squad Mclaren.

Just read the first page of this thread, can't believe the negativety from his own people, you should be damn proud of the lad, to play as well and have the consistency he has had at his age, not to mention in a team with the dross around him, is quite remarkable. He deserves this call up, get behind him ffs, no CB in the world is the finished article at 21 but he's a damn sight better than most and he's ours.

Thank god he's not Newcastle mad, probably can't afford one of those expensive computers or has much time on his hands to surf the net, cos if he came across "support" like thiis it may make him want to say "F*** that" I'll go somewhere where I'm appreciated.

Just read the first page of this thread, can't believe the negativety from his own people, you should be damn proud of the lad, to play as well and have the consistency he has had at his age, not to mention in a team with the dross around him, is quite remarkable. He deserves this call up, get behind him ffs, no CB in the world is the finished article at 21 but he's a damn sight better than most and he's ours.

Thank god he's not Newcastle mad, probably can't afford one of those expensive computers or has much time on his hands to surf the net, cos if he came across "support" like thiis it may make him want to say "F*** that" I'll go somewhere where I'm appreciated.

Agree with your sentiments. Some people don't seem to like Taylor because of his character, but I'd much rather see a player so desperate to win every game he plays in than someone like Jenas. If Taylor is inexperienced it's because at times he is overcompetitive, but I've seen far worse attributes in players of his age. With a better defence around him, better midfield in front of him, better management and now England recognition, this is the season for him to step up to the next level. He strikes me as a lot more determined than the likes of Jenas, I think this is great news for him and for us.

:lol: He has got his own computer and his own myspace page  :lol:

Is he the first defender we've had in the squad since Howey? (apart from Woody)

Downing infront of Milner?dont think i have seen downing take a full back on ever, everytime i watch boro he looks to get it in the box from wherever he is on the pitch.  awful player.

Downing is a better player than Milner.

The Squad

Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur)

David James (Portsmouth)

Scott Carson (Aston Villa on loan)

Micah Richards (Manchester City)

Wes Brown (Manchester United)

Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United)

John Terry (Chelsea)

Ashley Cole (Chelsea)

Sol Campbell (Portsmouth)-Lescott

Steven Taylor (Newcastle United)

Phil Neville (Everton)

Nicky Shorey (Reading)

David Beckham (LA Galaxy)

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool)

Frank Lampard (Chelsea)

Joe Cole (Chelsea)

Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United)

Gareth Barry (Aston Villa)

Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough)Milner

Kieron Dyer (West Ham United) Bentley

Owen Hargreaves (Manchester United)

Alan Smith (Newcastle United)

Michael Owen (Newcastle United)

Peter Crouch (Liverpool)

Darren Bent (Tottenham Hotspur)

Andrew Johnson (Everton)

Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)

Fixed your squad Mclaren.

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse than McClaren, it does.

Guest elbee909

I just don't understand the 'hell of a lot to learn' people.  Sure he's got a lot to learn, but you only learn by doing, and here he's being given a chance.  I don't think any of the other defenders in the squad were just born with their boots on and international class already.

I just don't understand the 'hell of a lot to learn' people.  Sure he's got a lot to learn, but you only learn by doing, and here he's being given a chance.  I don't think any of the other defenders in the squad were just born with their boots on and international class already.

yep, i remember people absolutely aghast and howling with disbelief any time sol campbell played for england, most thought he was a donkey. then he had a great france 98 and was one of the best we had for 6 or 7 years and suddenly the criticism is wiped from everyone's memory.

Maybe not, but by the time Woodgate and Ferdinand were 19 it was fairly obvious that they were exceptional. Both had full caps at that age too. Taylor has done well for half a season. Good on him. However, its not negativity, its just the plain simple fact that he still drops clangers and isnt in the league of those just mentioned. They had things to learn. Just not as much as Taylor does. Personally I think he will do well to get to the level a young, pre-injury Wes Brown did. At present, I still think Brown is well ahead of him.

England is well served for centre-halves:

Woodgate, Terry, Ferdinand and Carragher are very very good. Campbell was excellent for years and is still playing well. Wes Brown and Ledley King are good players.

I simply interpret what is being said as 'he's done ok, but he's not in their league'. Not yet anyway. Personally I'll be happy if he does but he does have some fundamental flaws in his game.