Do NUFC Realise How Much We Spend On Them/Support Them?

Kev

Oh and it could take anything up to 6 months before you get your stuff back, they wait till they have loads of stuff then get the players in for a signing session and get them all signed in one morning.

I used to be a bit of an autograph nut,  too.  Got a programme from the match (cant remember what) when Kenny Dalgish had his first game in charge for us.  Sent that off to him,  and he signed the front cover for me.

Top man.  Shit manager,  mind.

I used to be a bit of an autograph nut,  too.  Got a programme from the match (cant remember what) when Kenny Dalgish had his first game in charge for us.  Sent that off to him,  and he signed the front cover for me.

How long did it take ?

How long did it take ?

About 2 or 3 weeks.  This was about 10 years ago though,  remember!

Someone was telling me that their mate send off Barca, Real Madrid, Bayern etc shirts to the respective clubs, with silver marker pens and every single club returned them fully signed.

I bought a signed blackburn top at a sportsmans dinner in aid of a local sunday league team.

I was f****** mortal like when I bid for it.  Tried to bid for a signed Gazza Italia '90 number 19 replica top but I got outbid.

The price of the blackburn top?  thirty five f****** quid.  I got a signed one for the price their club shop probably charges for a normal one.

Guest Coubury

It is to stop people making money from getting things signed and selling them on eBay. If you want something signed you can send it into the club and they will get it done for you as long as it is personalised and send it back.

Nice one

I thought the point of an autograph was to represent proof of an intimate albeit fleeting liason with the celebrity concerned.

Is this not negated and a waste of everybodies time by lumbering them with stuff through the post. Seems a bit pointless to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Texasmag

Wonder if Kev has seen any of this happening yet?

Source : http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article2274356.ece

Allardyce aims to raise standards at St James’ Park

George Caulkin

On the pitch and in the transfer market, Sam Allardyce has already made a substantial impact as Newcastle United manager, but it is at the club’s training ground where change has been felt most keenly. Alongside the recent influx of sports scientists, dieti-cians and psychologists, there has been a more rudimentary innovation; locking out latecomers.

At a club that has endured a recent history of indiscipline, Allardyce has taken forceful steps to root out tardiness among his illustrious first-team squad. Each morning at 9.45, the electronic gates of Newcastle’s Benton training academy swing shut, forcing sleepyheads to endure the embarrassment of leaving their cars and using a buzzer to request entry in front of autograph hunters.

On assuming his position, Allardyce complained that Newcastle’s facilities were more reminiscent of a “squash club”, than a centre of sporting excellence and he has implemented other measures to improve the focus of his team. Agents, relatives and hangers-on no longer have open access to the training site and are obliged to wait for players in a makeshift hut. It all forms part of a bigger picture.

As he did at Bolton Wanderers, Allardyce is implementing a culture of no excuses on Tyneside, one that supporters who have had their fill of wasters and underachievers will appreciate.

“You have a lot of very, very experienced, very, very talented human beings that have a desire to be successful and that’s why they are as talented as they are,” Allardyce said of his players. “You’ve got to live up to their standards and by the same token you’ve got to set your standards higher than them.”

Guest Craig_NUFC

I bought a signed blackburn top at a sportsmans dinner in aid of a local sunday league team.

I was f****** mortal like when I bid for it.  Tried to bid for a signed Gazza Italia '90 number 19 replica top but I got outbid.

The price of the blackburn top?  thirty five f****** quid.  I got a signed one for the price their club shop probably charges for a normal one.

I won a sined Blackburn away shirt in a raffle i think i bought about £10 worth of tickets and won the Blackburn shirt. It was a fundrasing evening for the hospital where a friends relative (they were hosting it) had just recovered from Lukemia they had a load of signed stuff (shirts, balls, photos etc...) they just wrote to the clubs asking for a donation and nearly all of them replied (Newcastle didnt like).

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/9397/img0190nr3.th.jpg

all i can remember is that Souness and Duff have signed it....not sure who else has. its from the 2001/2002 season

• 1 month later...
Guest sahara

I've been to the training ground 25 times in the past 2 years (so that's over 3 season with different managers/players) and still only have 11 autographs, they never  have stopped very often.

I've been to the training ground 25 times in the past 2 years (so that's over 3 season with different managers/players) and still only have 11 autographs, they never  have stopped very often.

and you still haven't got the message  :razz:

Guest sahara

Well there's no other way to get them sadly apart from at the training ground! They don't sign at St James' or away games!

Well there's no other way to get them sadly apart from at the training ground! They don't sign at St James' or away games!

since i was going for the past year i got 3shirts signed, autograph book by about 35, about 40photos and some paper

i go after every home match and get my programme signed, gnerally get about 3-8 after a match

i guess im lucky then  :razz:

Guest sahara

I wish I had that many, would make the long journey a bit more worthwhile lol.

How on earth do they sign after games?! They drive straight out, or do you chase them up the road? lol.

I wish I had that many, would make the long journey a bit more worthwhile lol.

How on earth do they sign after games?! They drive straight out, or do you chase them up the road? lol.

well v west ham this season i only got n'zogbia, faye, smith and rozehnal

rozehnal always stops, smith always stops, n'zogbia got stuck in a red light  :razz: and faye was walking and i was lucky enough to see him

i dont chase them but i know that people do chase up the road and actually get them!

it all depends what sort of mood they are in, martins sometimes stops. i have never went after a match and got no one

Guest sahara

People who chase them up the road need to stop and have a word with themselves tbh :lol:

Well kids don't know any better, but yeah the adults who do it really need a reality check.