Rooney Fractures Foot

Decky

Doesnt matter that much though that he hasn't scored. When he's on the pitch England are a completely different side.

Quite amazing that he's had this same injury 3 times in his career already...

Maybe hes a tad too overweight, and combined with his playing style, it puts a huge toll on the small bones in his feet.

Shame hes picked this injury up, really wanted to see what ManU would be like with Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo in the same team.

Maybe hes a tad too overweight...

Nah, even if that was true, it wouldnt affect the bones in his feet! His knees would be the ones to start fucking up.

This is very gutting. My favourite non Nufc player, already out on the sidelines :(

Surely the boot manufacturers need to start taking some responsibility for these foot injuries. They're obsessed with how their boots look, rather than offering some proper fucking protection.

Guest JamesD

Surely the boot manufacturers need to start taking some responsibility for these foot injuries. They're obsessed with how their boots look, rather than offering some proper f****** protection.

there are boots which offer more prtection, so players have options.  But anything made of thin leather/synthetic will not offer much protection, which is just one of the risks of playing the game.

I don't know what boots Rooney wears but I know Owen broke his metatarsal when he was sporting some new Umbro boots that were criticised by some for not offering enough protection. There might be something in the whole boots idea.

Guest unrealterrorist

Interms of Man United woe Yeay interms of England Bugger.

"Rooney's injury, which could rule him out for around three months, is a major blow to both club and country, who were already facing a real battle to qualify for Euro 2008"

Paper talk, he will probably play next week.

But if not....,

So Man Utd might not win the league so easily.

Hordes of armchair Man U "fans" may be dissappointed.

I may not be able to sleep tonight with the worry of it all.

Ha Ha Ha

brings teasr to the eyes

Mad Sir Alex claimign they couldn't win as they "didn't have anyone to play central striker"

and this from a man who spent £ 50 million this year......................

Is there a thread on this somewhere? im surprised i didnt see one tbh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6943283.stm

Once again the media are only concerned about England, im sure Manchester United are sick that they have been dealt a huge blow in their title hunt.

Maybe this'll convince people that it's not just us and Owen who get this treatment.

England and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney faces a lay-off of about two months after suffering a hairline fracture of his left foot against Reading. (The Sun)

Rooney is set to miss England's Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Russia in September because he faces a spell out of the game of six to eight weeks. (Daily Telegraph)

The 21-year-old is facing three months on the sidelines following his latest injury problem. (Daily Express)

United star Rooney, who was forced off at half-time in his side's Premier League opener, will be out for about two months. (Daily Mirror)

Rooney will be out of action for at least six weeks. (Daily Star)

Forward Rooney is set to be out for six weeks after suffering the third metatarsal injury of his career. (Daily Mail)

Further tests on Monday are set to reveal more about Rooney's recovery time. (The Times)

Rooney will be out for at least two months. (The Independent)

The official line is that Rooney faces a six-week lay-off but it could conceivably be longer. (The Guardian)

Make your minds up chaps. :lol:

Is there a thread on this somewhere? im surprised i didnt see one tbh.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6943283.stm

Once again the media are only concerned about England, im sure Manchester United are sick that they have been dealt a huge blow in their title hunt.

Maybe this'll convince people that it's not just us and Owen who get this treatment.

Bet it doesn't.

Anyway, I think it's fair enough. I don't care about Man U. I do want England to qualify for Euro 2008.