Rooney Fractures Foot

Decky

imagine the delight at chelsea over this one. 

If it takes torres time to settle then we only have to beat chelski for the title :p

(arsenal still look shaky atmo)

?  will chelsea lose there 2 main striker in january for the ancup?

This is great time for tevez to shine.  Not a bad replacemnt to have i the locker!

imagine the delight at chelsea over this one. 

If it takes torres time to settle then we only have to beat chelski for the title :p

(arsenal still look shaky atmo)

Torres? ha ha.

Liverpool were never going to threaten Chelsea and Man Utd for the title. And they still won't.

the only reason I suggested that he may have fragile bones in his feet is that this is the 3rd time he has broken a bone in either of his feet.

this suggests that there may be an underlying problem and not just a 3rd freak injury.

i know its not good for England (although i think we'll manage, despite the double whammy of missing him AND having that back-combed wanker as manager), i can't be the only one who sniggered when he hobbled off.

Do any monkeys have brittle bones? Because whichever lab spliced human and simian DNA to make the wonderkid must have used the wrong ape.

Didn't someone land on his foot? A freak-injury by the sound of it, nothing to do with the boots or fragile feet.

It wasn't just someone. It was bloody Michael "Michelin" Duberry. Strange that he didn't snap the foot in two.

Guest Moe-Ali

IIRC he was wearing the new black and white total 90 laser boots, what i found funny was that while he was being treated by the medical staff, the advertisement boards at old trafford had an ad for those same boots going :lol:

Can't see him being too much of a miss for Man United or England to be honest, Man United have Tevez as a like for like replacement and he's proved to be pretty ineffective for England thus far.

Neither Rooney or Tevez are out and out strikers and out of the two Tevez is by far and away the better player. If anything Man United are benefiting from the loss. I'm not so sure England will miss him either. If England are looking for a someone to play in the "hole" Gerrard could do a job. We have to go for the jugular so two centre forwards with Gerrard playing in behind would do nicely.

Speaking of which, the hype over the lad Rooney is really beginning to irritate me right now. He's just another over hyped talent who will always be good but will never break the world class barrier. In fact the only player who is currently close to being world class is Gerrard.

I can't recall seeing many English players at the same age being as good as Rooney.

Says a lot about the state of our national side doesn't it? Probably explains why we haven't won a wrapper for forty odd years. You can whinge about the bad luck we've had through out the years but at the end of the day we've never been good enough.

Big Sam's recent comments sums it all up, there's no talent here in England. So when we do churn out the odd player that is half decent he's snaffled for a ridiculously over inflated price in the hope he will be our next player to set the world a light, someone who can carry us and we can pin out hopes on. Now the influx of foreign player could be used as an excuse but that doesn't sit well in my opinion. Domestic leagues all over Europe are filled with foreign players. Just look at Italy, they won the world cup yet their top side barely managed to field an Italian last year.  The good old academy and scouting networks are letting us down big time.

Being payed to play for your country doesn't help. It's always annoyed me, it should be an honour to play for your country and you should have to earn your place not walk into the side every game because of the name on the back of your shirt.

Anyway back to the point...

Wayne Rooney is a very good player, but he will never be world class. In fact for the most part he is a very average player who can muster up the odd flash of brilliance that keeps us thinking the best is yet to come. If we do eventually see that brilliance on a regular basis you can bump this thread and give me the good old "I told you so" speech, but some how I don't think you'll ever get that chance...

I can't recall seeing many English players at the same age being as good as Rooney.

Says a lot about the state of our national side doesn't it? Probably explains why we haven't won a wrapper for forty odd years. You can whinge about the bad luck we've had through out the years but at the end of the day we've never been good enough.

Big Sam's recent comments sums it all up, there's no talent here in England. So when we do churn out the odd player that is half decent he's snaffled for a ridiculously over inflated price in the hope he will be our next player to set the world a light, someone who can carry us and we can pin out hopes on. Now the influx of foreign player could be used as an excuse but that doesn't sit well in my opinion. Domestic leagues all over Europe are filled with foreign players. Just look at Italy, they won the world cup yet their top side barely managed to field an Italian last year.  The good old academy and scouting networks are letting us down big time.

Being payed to play for your country doesn't help. It's always annoyed me, it should be an honour to play for your country and you should have to earn your place not walk into the side every game because of the name on the back of your shirt.

Wayne Rooney is a very good player, but he will never be world class. In fact for the most part he is a very average player who can muster up the odd flash of brilliance that keeps us thinking the best is yet to come. If we do eventually see that brilliance on a regular basis you can bump this thread and give me the good old "I told you so" speech, but some how I don't think you'll ever get that chance...

I've always said with Rooney, his versatility has always been a problem for him at Manchester United in my eyes, because he does have that siege mentality, he will run himself into the ground for the cause, for this reason he gets shunted out with for Man United which only hampers his progress in my eyes. He's being played out of position at the moment as well, he should be give a free role behind an out and out striker, week in week out, but I suppose Taggart is only doing what's best for his club.

I've always said with Rooney, his versatility has always been a problem for him at Manchester United in my eyes, because he does have that siege mentality, he will run himself into the ground for the cause, for this reason he gets shunted out with for Man United which only hampers his progress in my eyes. He's being played out of position at the moment as well, he should be give a free role behind an out and out striker, week in week out, but I suppose Taggart is only doing what's best for his club.

Agreed, of course it would help if Man United had a fit out and out striker to play him off.

However even if he had been playing in his most effective position I still feel he will never gain world class status. I know he's only young and has time on his side but he doesn't have that extra dimension that the Messi's and Kaka's of his generation posses.

Guest mikefin

In fact the only player who is currently close to being world class is Gerrard.

Gerrard is way too overrated in England IMO. Nice to watch, but that's that.

John Terry and Rio Ferdinand are both world class what comes to English players.

I'dont know if Rooney is as good as Tevez, maybe not,  but you cant say he wont never break the world class barrier. He is much better than any other English player besides Terry and Rio and he is like 20 or something like that?.

In fact the only player who is currently close to being world class is Gerrard.

Gerrard is way too overrated in England IMO. Nice to watch, but that's that.

John Terry and Rio Ferdinand are both world class what comes to English players.

I'dont know if Rooney is as good as Tevez, maybe not,  but you cant say he wont never break the world class barrier. He is much better than any other English player besides Terry and Rio and he is like 20 or something like that?.

I disagree but fair point. I've always thought when he is played in his correct position he provides the drive and quality need for us to be a more direct, effective side.

I can see why you stake claim for Terry due to his performances in blue but he tends to be consistently average for England. Ferdinand on the other hand shouldn't be getting any where near the starting eleven. He lacks concentration and makes numerous careless mistakes, but no one seems to pick up on them as he's usually bailed out by another member of the Man United or England back four. That's why I've always felt he'd be an effective defensive midfielder. He can pick a pass and his job would require less concentration.

Guest mikefin

"I disagree but fair point. I've always thought when he is played in his correct position he provides the drive and quality need for us to be a more direct, effective side."

He might be best CM for England, cause there isn't anyone who can create and put killer passes when needed.

Carrick? Maybe some day.

One of the few players who I think is worth every penny of the hype from the media. A joy to watch.

One of the few players who I think is worth every penny of the hype from the media. A joy to watch.

Agreed. Rooney's a class act. Man U will miss him even though Tevez can come in and do the same job.

Rooney's probably the most naturally gifted player this country has produced since GGazza. Top fucking drawer.

Maybe Sir Alex bay Obafemi Martins now?

source The Sun:

Desperate Alex eyes up Martins

By SHAUN CUSTIS

August 21, 2007

ALEX FERGUSON has hit the panic button and put the word out: I need a striker NOW.

The shock new name on his radar is Newcastle frontman Obafemi Martins.

We can reveal Manchester United boss Fergie has made enquiries about Martins as he bids to solve his early-season goalscoring crisis.

His side have netted just once in three games.

Ferguson has also been linked with Bolton’s French international striker Nicolas Anelka.

And Spurs ace Dimitar Berbatov is still keen on a move to United, who were linked with the Bulgarian at the end of last season.

Fergie’s problem is he has spent a fortune this summer and there is very little left to play with — Berbatov would cost in the region of £25m.

However, Martins has a £13m release clause in his contract and Toon boss Sam Allardyce has admitted he is powerless to stop the Nigerian leaving if any club matches the price.

Martins, 22, told SunSport last weekend that he was ready to sign a six-year contract and remove the clause from any new agreement.

But the lure of a possible move to Old Trafford might change his mind.

I know,I know...