Carling Cup 2nd Round - Newcastle vs Barnsley (29/08/07)

Guest Geordiesned

NUFC: Shay Given, Nobby Solano, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Cacapa, Charles N'Zogbia, Geremi, Alan Smith, Emre, Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi

Subs: Steve Harper, Oba Martins, Nicky Butt, David Edgar, Paul Huntington

TEAMS

NUFC: Shay Given, Nobby Solano, Jose Enrique, Steven Taylor, Cacapa, Charles N'Zogbia, Geremi, Alan Smith, Emre, Michael Owen, Shola Ameobi

Subs: Steve Harper, Oba Martins, Nicky Butt, David Edgar, Paul Huntington

BFC: Heinz Muller, Lewin Nyatanga, Robert Kozluk, Sam Togwell, Miguel Mostto, Grant McCann, Rohan Ricketts, Dennis Souza, Martin Devaney, Dwayne Mattis, Dominik Werling

Subs: Nick Colgan, Robert Atkinson, Kim Christensen, Michael Coulson, Jacob Butterfield

Referre: G Salisbury

Given

Solano, Taylor, Cacapa, Enrique

Geremi, Smith, Emre, N'Zogbia

Owen Ameobi

Extremely strong line up for this early in this competition. Nothing short of a comfortable win expected, 3-0 prediction.

Hopefully Owen gets off the mark, Emre and Zog give good performances in midfield to cause a selection headache for Allardyce and lastly for Enrique to do well on his debut, which hopefully accompanied by a decent performance by Zoggy, would give Allardyce some food for thought about whether to go with the 4-4-2 this Saturday.

Looksreally good, glad to see Zoggy back on the left flank and Emre in the middle, I have a good feeling about Emre under Allardyce...And now there's competition for places also, that could only make Emre better and maybe more consistent.

I hope that Cacapa and Enrique get off to a flying start. And maybe owen grabbing a couple.

Looks a good team...

Guest nufcfan76

Hi All

Can't make anything of that link Belo. As for listening, can anyone find me a station/site that I can listen to from outside the UK? It's hell supporting the Toon from here, especially when games aren't televised.

Thanks!!

I can't wait to see how the team performs with some genuine creativity and passing in the midfield, and in an out-and-out 4-4-2. 

I'm not sure but it could be 443 still.

----------------------------Shay Given,

Nobby Solano Steven Taylor Cacapa Jose Enrique

------------------Geremi Alan Smith Emre

-----------Michael Owen-----------------Charles N'Zogbia

----------------------------Shola Ameobi

Even if it is we'll have Emre.  A bit of craft at last (hopefully)

I can't wait to see how the team performs with some genuine creativity and passing in the midfield, and in an out-and-out 4-4-2. 

I'm not sure but it could be 443 still.

----------------------------Shay Given,

Nobby Solano Steven Taylor Cacapa Jose Enrique

------------------Geremi Alan Smith Emre

-----------Michael Owen-----------------Charles N'Zogbia

----------------------------Shola Ameobi

Even if it is we'll have Emre.  A bit of craft at last (hopefully)

True.  Certainly he could go 4-3-3 with Shola, Owen, and Smith up front.  Hope he gives 4-4-2 a go, though.