Will Man Utd now be tempted by Owen?

Rob W

It would be fantastic if Fergie came in with a £10m bid for Owen.

Fantastic for Man Utd.

If they could get him on the pitch, which would take a miracle.

He'll play a lot for us this season I reckon and £10m is absolute peanuts. Mido's just nearly cost Boro £7m.

Boro are a joke, desperation to the max with that purchase.

As for Owen, i'd be pleased to see him play 20 full games this season, i doubt he will.

I'd rather take the money and sign someone of lesser quality who plays 80% of his games, rather than 8%.

Do you have anyone in mind though? I just think if we can get him fit we have a great asset on our hands. And I don't see the point in signing some middle of the road striker as a squad player and that's all you'll get for the money unless we unearth some foriegner. And even then you're probably talking about writing off the first season. I'd rather have Owen here until his contract expires (at least) and try and get him playing as much as possible. That's the best way to get us where we want to be, i.e. top 6.

Fantastic for Man Utd.

He'll play a lot for us this season I reckon and £10m is absolute peanuts. Mido's just nearly cost Boro £7m.

As for Owen, i'd be pleased to see him play 20 full games this season, i doubt he will.

I'd rather take the money and sign someone of lesser quality who plays 80% of his games, rather than 8%.

Do you have anyone in mind though? I just think if we can get him fit we have a great asset on our hands. And I don't see the point in signing some middle of the road striker as a squad player and that's all you'll get for the money unless we unearth some foriegner. And even then you're probably talking about writing off the first season. I'd rather have Owen here until his contract expires (at least) and try and get him playing as much as possible. That's the best way to get us where we want to be, i.e. top 6.

I agree. If we had sold him early in the summer with time to find a good replacement I'd have been all for it. But now with the season started and all the crazy prices, better the devil you know. Looks like he'll play some part in the Villa game.

What a load of s****.

As soon as he was fit, it was f****** nailed on that this would surface, without any evidnece, even tenuous, backing it up.

Oh, and Tsunami - you actually believe something Shepherd said?? Jesus.

There was no hint of any denial so I'll give Shepherd that one.

Fantastic for Man Utd.

Agree absolutely. He's not played anywhere near enough so far, but he's the sort of calibre player we need if we're going to kick on.

What a s*** thread :lol:

If Vic had started it it would have been locked within the minute.

I'm doing my best Alex (modestly)

It was the title Robert, as you well know :razz:

Guest eyeball_tickler

sell this complete twat. clearly he doesnt want to be here, clearly unhappy, clearly a money grabbing prick, clearly unloyal, clearly somehow engineered his 2 massive injuries, clearly killed JFK etc.

he wont even play 1 minute of 1 game this season. despicable person.

£ 10 million for insurance for 2-3 months...............   

I wouldn't put it past  them...........

and I suspect the Board would accept the money 'n aalll

He can fuck off for all i care,we've lived life without him for the past 2 seasons and now going into the third,he should never ever walk into this team ever again and will have a hard job with Viduka Martins and even Smith.

If Sam is right in the head he will tell him so,if he doesn't like what he has to say i'd tell him to get his bags packed.

Do you get the point that i don't like Owen  ;D

Guest Moe-Ali

Plus, if there was any chance he could move, he'd have engineered it by now anyway ;)

True, this.

If he wanted to leave the club, and there was any top 4 club interested it would be the back of him.

+ i wouldnt sell owen for anything under 13million pounds.

one of the best strikers in the world when healthy..i think some of us have forgotten that, myself included.

Guest Moe-Ali

He can f*** off for all i care,we've lived life without him for the past 2 seasons and now going into the third,he should never ever walk into this team ever again and will have a hard job with Viduka Martins and even Smith.

If Sam is right in the head he will tell him so,if he doesn't like what he has to say i'd tell him to get his bags packed.

Surely you cant hate Owen for his mis-fortune, i mean its not like he's injured on purpose.

I am frustrated too, but wouldnt be fair to blame it all on Owen, he's just been unlucky when you think about it.

Guest Moe-Ali

sell owen - pay  a big divi to teh Board more like

I dont understand?

You mean pay dividends to this board, or the previous one. (shepherd)

the current owner - they are still a Limited Company so they still pay a dividend - they just don't have to tell the world about it now - you have to wait until they file their accounts

Guest Big Bri

He can f*** off for all i care,we've lived life without him for the past 2 seasons and now going into the third,he should never ever walk into this team ever again and will have a hard job with Viduka Martins and even Smith.

Surely you cant hate Owen for his mis-fortune, i mean its not like he's injured on purpose.

I am frustrated too, but wouldnt be fair to blame it all on Owen, he's just been unlucky when you think about it.

i agree with jamie. owen is a prick and i cudnt care less if we sold him

I don't hate him, but i hate the fact that we KNOW, if one of the big clubs had come in, he'd have fucked us off. Not that i'd blame him, i just don't like the idea.

What i DO hate is the fact that we are so desensitised to his perma-crockedness that we are HOPING we get 20 games out of him, but doubting even that. And at 6 figures a week, doe she provide value at that number of appearances? Not for me, its too unsettling to the players he displaces when he gets fit for a while, then who have to step in again when he breaks down.