Belletti signs for Chelsea

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Sam Allardyce is in talks with Barcelona over a £3million bid to sign Brazil full back Juliano Belletti...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=475421&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Allardyce closes in on Brazil's Belletti

Last updated at 00:08am on 15th August 2007

Sam Allardyce is in talks with Barcelona over a £3million bid to sign Brazil full back Juliano Belletti.

Belletti, who scored the winning goal in the Champions League Final against Arsenal in 2006, has been told he can leave the Spanish club. Although the Newcastle boss has yet to be given permission to speak with the versatile 31-year-old, Allardyce is confident their offer will be accepted.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Sam Allardyce is in talks with Barcelona over a £3million bid to sign Brazil full back Juliano Belletti...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/sport/directory/premiership.html?in_page_id=1986&in_topic_id=34

Article:475421 Not Found

bull tbh.

No Bull, wait 5 minutes and you can read the article. It was the same with the Enrique news.

Sounds like more made up crap tbh. The Mail is really unreliable with transfer news. About the only paper which you can trust these days is the Times, pretty much everything they report seems to happen.

Be happy enough with that.

Ideally would like someone younger and spicier that we can look to have in our team for a decade or so, but if there's nobody like that Sam feels is worth pursuing then Belletti will provide us with a good option for a few more years.

He's not worth £3 million.

Strange thing for me to say, but does it matter when the fee is so little?

I think it does, I'd rather pay more and sign someone who could have a long term future at the club.

He's not worth £3 million.

Strange thing for me to say, but does it matter when the fee is so little?

I think it does, I'd rather pay more and sign someone who could have a long term future at the club.

Fair enough. If Allardyce has completely run out of options though I'd take the hit to improve on Carr for a year or two. It could make the difference.

I also thought that he was younger than 31. Still a good player though, and tbh what other quality RB's is there available out there for a fair price and decent quality and most of all one willing to come to us??