Great Time To Make A Move

Shak

It's as much about keeping ourselves in good position for later in the season. There are some filthy enough runs of fixtures later on in the season, we dont want to go into them without being in decent position.

Lose to Villa and we could go to Boro with the wind out of our sails, lose to Boro and then all of a sudden everyone's depressed and Wigan is being proclaimed an absolutely crucial game in our season for a different reason, the need to get back on track.

Winning all four is unrealistic, as we're not just gonna be a consistently good team straight away.

Agree with Dave, Villa game is massive. Beat them and we've won two games that looked very tricky a couple of weeks ago. Then we're on to Boro and Wigan, go in to them full of confidence from 2 wins and there's no reason we can't get another two wins.

But lose to Villa and the whole complexion changes in terms of the mindset we go to Boro with.

I'll just be upset if we don't beat Wigan though tbh.

No it isn't. I don't reckon it'll happen but it's certainly not impossible.

I meant more that it would be an unrealistic expectation on the part of the fans.  :parky:

Lose to Villa and we could go to Boro with the wind out of our sails, lose to Boro and then all of a sudden everyone's depressed and Wigan is being proclaimed an absolutely crucial game in our season for a different reason, the need to get back on track.

Well spotted, if we lose a lot of games were in the shit.

Winning all four is unrealistic, as we're not just gonna be a consistently good team straight away.

Agree with Dave, Villa game is massive. Beat them and we've won two games that looked very tricky a couple of weeks ago. Then we're on to Boro and Wigan, go in to them full of confidence from 2 wins and there's no reason we can't get another two wins.

But lose to Villa and the whole complexion changes in terms of the mindset we go to Boro with.

I'll just be upset if we don't beat Wigan though tbh.

No it isn't. I don't reckon it'll happen but it's certainly not impossible.

I meant more that it would be an unrealistic expectation on the part of the fans.  :parky:

Oh. Fair dos :thup:

Well spotted, if we lose a lot of games were in the s***.

Cheers, I feel I've really contributed here tonight. :thup:

We might only get a draw on saturday but the next 4 are much more winnable. Villa need a point to get going and i think it will be a tough game. More confident of the others.

The only thing im really worried about before this game is Carr against Ashley, and Carew can be good on his day. Hopefully he wont have a good day and get good service from Young and Agbonlahor or whatever his fucking name is..

We might only get a draw on saturday but the next 4 are much more winnable. Villa need a point to get going and i think it will be a tough game. More confident of the others.

The only thing im really worried about before this game is Carr against Ashley, and Carew can be good on his day. Hopefully he wont have a good day and get good service from Young and Agbonlahor or whatever his fucking name is..

I know it's his club, but I think you have to be registred to play mate ;)

Even Mike can out-pace the little fat waster.

The only thing im really worried about before this game is Carr against Ashley, and Carew can be good on his day. Hopefully he wont have a good day and get good service from Young and Agbonlahor or whatever his f****** name is..

:lol:    ...Dont know why i wrote Ashely instead of Young. Anyway, here's my team for the Villa game.

Steve

Nolberto

David

Steven

José

Nicky

Njitap

Alan

charles

Obafemi

Mark

Guest JamesD

We'll win all of those.

I agree, win them all comfortably imo

And Man U would beat Reading comfortably :thup:

Nothing is certain in the Premiership.

the competitiveness of the league, espescially this year it seems is absolutely great. Gonna be a very interesting season.

Sam certainly will be talking more like me than GR ever used to. He is a big believer in the postive mindset and good preperation. When matches are close it is often the little things like analysing the opp or telling a player the good things he does rather than the mistake he made last week that starts to count.

Man management isn't about carrying a big bag of worries and apprehensions around with you, waiting for the game to jump up and bite you in the ass, it is about each player understanding thier role and the having a good overview of what will happen in the game. Let the opposition do the worrying and get on with our own game in a positive spirit and try and make things happen that have been planned in training.

Every game is there to be won not lost.

We'll win all of those.

I agree, win them all comfortably imo

And Man U would beat Reading comfortably :thup:

Nothing is certain in the Premiership.

Reading are actually one of the better examples of what I like to see. Never looked beaten althogh they were clearly suffering on the pitch.

The Villa game is very important IMO.

Everyone is on such a high after Bolton, if we win our first home game well it would prove the confidence is well-founded and set us up for the rest of the year.

Defeat and the bubble's burst immediately.

Even a draw would burst my bubble at the moment.

On another note, not trying to have anyone banned here, just out of curiosity, are we allowed to post fixtures on this forum? I always seemed to get the idea that we weren't

Check out the forum rules mate (you'll find them on the drop-down menu), posting of fixtures is strictly prohibited, sadly.

Oh, thanks.

Nice avatar btw :lol:

The optimism on the back of one game is ridiculous. :lol:

lol true.

I'll be dissapointed if we don't beat Wigan & Boro, both teams I reckon will struggle to stay up.

btw can you mention the next fixtures in a paragraph like form?

Afraid not.

Win the home games, draw the away games. If we can consistently keep this 'form', we'll be top-6 at the end of the season. The key though, as ever, is winning the home games. Hypothetically speaking, if we win all our home games and draw all our away games, we'll end up with 76 points, which is top-4 material. That should be our aim. It will be a tough ask but honestly don't we all expect to win our home games, except the ones against the top 4?? The answer has to be a yes, which means this feat isn't as hard as it seems.

If we end up losing the 4 home games to the top-4, we end up with a total of 64 points, which is top-6 material. This can be done!! And that's assuming we get only 19 points in total from 19 away games, something which I would expect Sam's team to better. During SBR's tenure, in one season, we got 32 points from 19 away games. Even Glenn Fucking Roeder and Graeme Souness managed to get us 20 points in their shared season. This can be done!

We used to have a fortress at St. James' during SBR's reign. I remember once winning something like 12 or 13 league games in a row at home. We need to rekindle that kind of home form and hopefully with Sam's detailed preparation, we'll be able to win a few games away from home as well. Here's hoping. 8 points from the next 4 games would do.

Villa at home will give us a good idea of where we are. I prefer us to take one game at a time at the moment, it's too difficult to say what shape we are in after one game. But I agree that on paper the next few weeks gives us an opportunity.