Sheff U to sue West Ham for £50,000,000

NSG

Guest sittingontheball

Civil actions don't have a jury, do they? If they do, I'll happily volunteer for it. >:D

Suing the Premier League might be more appropriate since it was them who effed up.

Great stuff, but I can't see how they'll succeed. Ultimately they were relegated because the Premiership failed to punish West Ham properly. It's the Premiership who ought to be sued.

ultimately they were relegated cos they were shite

Guest Darth Toon

what a load of bollocks. if they'd scored more goals they'd not have been relegated.

That really isn't the point is it though? If we had been relegated due to goals scored for another team by an illegally registered player there would be absolute uproar, and we would be applauding the board for leaving no stone unturned in trying to get recompense.

Guest Darth Toon

Great stuff, but I can't see how they'll succeed. Ultimately they were relegated because the Premiership failed to punish West Ham properly. It's the Premiership who ought to be sued.

ultimately they were relegated cos they were shite

As were West Ham, with the slight advantage they were able to call upon a world class player who didn't belong to them.

If Tevez had played for Sheff Utd instead of West Ham, the cheating cockneys would have been down with months to spare.

Guest firetotheworks

No doubting that Sheff Utd were shit, however West Ham were just as shit for the majority of the season and would have been relegated instead had they not had a player playing for them that wasnt theirs.

Guest lebowski

Wish they'd f*** off already.  You got relegated, deal with it.

Hope they don't come back up now.  Annoying c***s.

Would that be your attitude if it was Newcastle that got relegated?

Exactly. I would be f****** fuming if we were relegated and those cockneys had tried dirty tricks like that. the fact that they still try to maintain their innocence after the drama with Tevez' transfer to the scum defies belief.

Is there a man that looks more bizarre than this?

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/5327/magnusson385198775azv5.jpg

http://www.galatasaray.org/images/haber3/01022005_ribery_09.jpg

Pushes him close tbh.

Still firmly behind Sheff Utd on this one. However, I'd be blaming the PL for not imposing the correct sanction rather than choosing to sue West Ham as a separate entity.  The PL fucked up but taking them to court would be a monumental decision. They'll try to get their money but I think they're hoping West Ham will settle out of court before it goes that far.

If it comes down to brass tacks, they haven't got a chance. West Ham have broken the rules, pleaded guilty and been 'punished' by the PL, what do Sheff Utd expect them to do now? They've accepted the decision of the PL and it's done and dusted as far as they're concerned. Can't see how Sheff Utd have got a leg to stand on tbh.

I'm sure it'll be all sorted soon but can't see anything changing.

Still firmly behind Sheff Utd on this one. However, I'd be blaming the PL for not imposing the correct sanction rather than choosing to sue West Ham as a separate entity.  The PL f***** up but taking them to court would be a monumental decision. They'll try to get their money but I think they're hoping West Ham will settle out of court before it goes that far.

If it comes down to brass tacks, they haven't got a chance. West Ham have broken the rules, pleaded guilty and been 'punished' by the PL, what do Sheff Utd expect them to do now? They've accepted the decision of the PL and it's done and dusted as far as they're concerned. Can't see how Sheff Utd have got a leg to stand on tbh.

if sheff utd can get the fabled documents about tevez (kia kebabchian has copies)then they have a very good case,probably won't get 50mill but a big lumper could be headed to bramall lane

Still firmly behind Sheff Utd on this one. However, I'd be blaming the PL for not imposing the correct sanction rather than choosing to sue West Ham as a separate entity.  The PL f***** up but taking them to court would be a monumental decision. They'll try to get their money but I think they're hoping West Ham will settle out of court before it goes that far.

if sheff utd can get the fabled documents about tevez (kia kebabchian has copies)then they have a very good case,probably won't get 50mill but a big lumper could be headed to bramall lane

What exactly are they suing them for. They've been tried, found guilty and punished by the PL. We all know the 'punishment' was a farce but it happened nevertheless. Can't see the grounds for any civil action undertaken by Sheff Utd tbh. They're on a hiding to nothing imo.

Documents or not, it's been dealt with by the PL in their eyes. I agree with the cause but I just can't see how they can win this one.  :undecided:

Guest lebowski

I think it will be over the fact that, as part of the punishment Westham undertook that Tevez would have to become a 'proper' Westham player. So when his transfer to the scum came about, low and behold the transfer fee was to go to the sports company that owned Tevez. Clearly they not only had cheated last season but they bullshitted as well. If the premiership had the courage to take the correct action at the time ie deduct points, this would be dead and buried now. Appalling

What exactly are they suing them for. They've been tried, found guilty and punished by the PL. We all know the 'punishment' was a farce but it happened nevertheless. Can't see the grounds for any civil action undertaken by Sheff Utd tbh. They're on a hiding to nothing imo.

Documents or not, it's been dealt with by the PL in their eyes. I agree with the cause but I just can't see how they can win this one.  :undecided:

It will be for the fact that part of the Premierships so called punishment was that Tevez had to become a 'proper' Westham player. Despite  WHU's assurances this clearly never happened. Not only did they cheat they bullshitted as well. They show blatant disregard for the rules of conduct and obviously don't fear the consequences. If the premiership had deducted the points like they should of this would be a dead topic.

The law will  look at the damage done by W Ham to the Blades -

and how will any judge be able to say that one went down  purely due to sharp practise?  If Sheffield Utd had scored more or let in less they would have saved themselves - similarly you could argue that Chelski & ManU  are to blame by beating the Blades

The only way I can see is if they could prove they'd bought the ref or one of the Blades team

Guest Texasmag

Looks like things could hot up. The last paragraph could be very worrying for Richard Scudamore.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/6952701.stm

Joorabchian wants new Tevez probe 

Joorabchian says all the facts in the Tevez case have yet to be divulged

Kia Joorabchian has criticised the Premier League's handling of the Carlos Tevez saga and is willing to fund an new inquiry to resolve the matter.

Joorabchian, who represents Tevez, is upset with the lack of "transparency".

He has also accused Premier League chief Richard Scudamore of dragging "me, my players, West Ham and the Premier League through the mud".

He added: "That's why I want a proper independent inquiry and I'm willing to finance it, whatever it costs."

The Tevez case concerns the issue of third-party agreements, which are banned under Premier League rules, and whether West Ham gained an unfair advantage by playing the Argentine striker at the end of last season.

The saga has rumbled on for several months and has led to numerous claims and counter claims from all parties involved.

It looked as though it had been resolved earlier this month when Tevez signed for Manchester United.

But Sheffield United kick-started the row again on Thursday when they announced they were taking legal action in order to gain compensation from West Ham.

The Blades argue that the Hammers have been less than truthful about their dealings over Tevez and want between £30m and £50m from the London club.

That is the amount they claim they have missed out on following their relegation from the top flight.

West Ham, who refute Sheffield United's claims, beat the drop by three points, defeating Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford on the final day thanks to a goal from Tevez.

But the outcome may have been very different had they not escaped a points penalty for breaking Premier League rules over the signing of both Tevez and countryman Javier Mascherano.

They ended up being fined £5.5m instead - a decision which angered Sheffield United and several other Premier League clubs.

What's more, the Hammers were allowed to continue playing Tevez, whose goals proved crucial in keeping them up, after insisting they had cancelled his third-party ownership with Joorabchian.

However, Sheffield United dispute whether that had been done, prompting their repeated calls for justice.

Now Joorabchian has weighed into the debate again, with the Premier League chief Scudamore bearing the brunt of his criticism.

"Let's have total transparency, Mr Scudamore," urged the Iranian businessman.

"Why was a full, transparent and thorough investigation not done when your member clubs have a right to know what has happened?

"Why are they (the Premier League) clouding this issue? Why were the full facts not heard? Why were people not questioned?

"They never once asked us about any paperwork, never held discussions with us, never wrote us a letter. How did they decide on a £5.5m fine with only 50% of the facts."