Sam on SSN

SUPERTOON

If Owen can't make the Villa bench, I really don't want to see him play for England, match fitness or no match fitness.

Agreed

SSN also showed a small clip of training Emre looked sharp and Luque was there

Good to see Emre back.

Going to be a real battle for CM this season,once everyone is fully fit

If Owen can't make the Villa bench, I really don't want to see him play for England, match fitness or no match fitness.

Agreed

Good to see Emre back.

I cant wait to see what Emre is like in a well drilled, Fit team. I always thought Emre looked a little chubby at times. When it was Emre + Parker in midfield neither of them knew what their role was but hopefully under Sam we will see Emre at his best

Agreed

Good to see Emre back.

I think Emre would be great just dropping in behind the front 2, he was far too stiffled the last couple of seasons, far to deep to make any impact, but with a more solid spine to the team I think he could shine!

Still very young too!

Guest firetotheworks

I'd love to see Emre with a role in midfield. I get the feeling Emre isnt a big sam player though, purely because of his height and stature.

I'd love to see Emre with a role in midfield. I get the feeling Emre isnt a big sam player though, purely because of his height and stature.

Geremi aint exactly big is he?

He isn't tall but he is very strong and built like a brick shit house.

Guest icemanblue

Aye, but Emre's a proper borrower.

What difference does that make? Deco's an inch high private eye, but he seems to be very effective!

Haha, nice.

Guest firetotheworks

What difference does that make? Deco's an inch high private eye, but he seems to be very effective!

Emre isnt Deco though, and Deco doesnt play for an Allardyce team with an Allardyce system. Thats my point. I cant see Sam using Emre when his system is about the midfielders getting to every second ball using brains, height and stature. I dont think he has the height or the stature. I really like Emre, just cant see him getting a place in the starting 11

Emre isnt Deco though, and Deco doesnt play for an Allardyce team with an Allardyce system. Thats my point. I cant see Sam using Emre when his system is about the midfielders getting to every second ball using brains, height and stature. I dont think he has the height or the stature. I really like Emre, just cant see him getting a place in the starting 11

When he played for Inter he was his most effective just behind the front 2, we've enough holding midfielders now for him to be able to do that.