Sam on SSN

SUPERTOON

Has there been any quotes of sam about emre ? How does he fit into his plans.

Think he mentioned that Emre is in his plans not long after he took the job. Can't remember the exact quotes.

I think he could have a big part to play in a 4-3-3, keen to see how Allardyce will use him.

Aye, but Emre's a proper borrower.

What difference does that make? Deco's an inch high private eye, but he seems to be very effective!

Haha. Like it. Lilliputian?

Echo the Emre comments, always felt he had lots to offer and was being stifled by Souness/Roeders 'systems' (loose terminology).

Difficult to see how he would get in the team if all are fit though, he really needs to grab his chance if/when it comes along. As, incidentally, do all the team now, barring maybe Geremi and Given. Real honest competition for places, I seriously can't remember when we had that here, even in the Keegan days.

Geremi and Barton with Emre in front of them is a mouth-watering prospect for a midfield 3.

To be ideal you'd also want proper left and right forwards - but we could make do I am sure.

Sure to see a lot of goals from midfield like that.

Geremi and Barton with Emre in front of them is a mouth-watering prospect for a midfield 3.

To be ideal you'd also want proper left and right forwards - but we could make do I am sure.

Thats the midfield I'm most looking forward to!

Milner--------Barton--------Geremi---------Zoggy

Emre

Viduka/Owen----------Martins           

Hells yes O0

Guest Alan Shearer 9

about as mouth watering as the sahara desert

i'm struggling to see what you're getting at

what's wrong with Geremi, Barton, Emre?

Emre

about as mouth watering as the sahara desert

i'm struggling to see what you're getting at

what's wrong with Geremi, Barton, Emre?

Emre

Go take yourself into the bathroom, look into the mirror and have a word with yourself!

Emre

Hells yes O0

3-5-2  :frantic:

Emre

Hells yes O0

3-5-2  :frantic:

Do not be afraid of the unknown!

Formations should never have to stay rigid the whole game, for example if we were winning by 3 goals or desperately needed a goal or 2 to get back into a game, I'd like to employ that 3-5-2

Emre

Hells yes O0   

Rather have four at the back and Barton pushing forward more.

Emre is talented, no doubt on that! However, he has been using the credit he built during early years of his career.

I don't know how long he can continue slowly bleeding like this.

He simply will need to take the initiative and produce results as a front man to boost everything around him, most importantly himself, rather than serving as a spark when it is only necessary and remain anonymous the rest of the game. That may subsequently cause him to move from club to club.

I hope he will take off from "promising talent" stage and earn a tenure at NUFC.

I really think giving Emre captaincy could have been the making of him at this club like. Shame, but given the chance he will produce the goods on his return

Wish I could share your optimism. He's been poor here tbh. The comedy value of watching him and Milner take turns to boot the ball into various parts of the ground wore off a while back. Emre's temperament wouldn't worry you regarding captaincy?

I really think giving Emre captaincy could have been the making of him at this club like. Shame, but given the chance he will produce the goods on his return

Wish I could share your optimism. He's been poor here tbh. The comedy value of watching him and Milner take turns to boot the ball into various parts of the ground wore off a while back. Emre's temperament wouldn't worry you regarding captaincy?

no, Emre's temperament might have been a positive thing relating to captaincy, I've always been proud of the way he's defended himself and teammates on the pitch

Guest firetotheworks

Ah, the 'Milner cant cross/play long balls' myth rears its ugly head again

Anyway, back to the point. Anyone know what time Big Sams gunna be on?

Ah, the 'Milner cant cross/play long balls' myth rears its ugly head again

Anyway, back to the point. Anyone know what time Big Sams gunna be on?

You don't have sit where I do mate. Fucking dangerous at times.

Don't when sam is going to be on, given up on sky has its a tad windy outside and sky is stuttering more than Gareth gates so will just wait till someone on here sums up what he says. Can't wait for emre to be back, him Barton butt in midfield sure to be plenty of cards lol.