We can't sell all our tickets

NSG

I've had to give up my season ticket after 7 seasons cos i can't afford it. I'll be able to get a half one then get one as normal every season after that though. 7 years of loyalty points down the piss. Gutted.

Could you not manage to scrape a ticket for the Villa game ?

I've had to give up my season ticket after 7 seasons cos i can't afford it. I'll be able to get a half one then get one as normal every season after that though. 7 years of loyalty points down the piss. Gutted.

Nah, wish i could. Start college in September and i'm literally down to a few quid at the minute. Its killing me thinking about missing it. Last home Premiership match i missed was Arsenal May 2000. I relying on them making half season tickets available.

Nah, wish i could. Start college in September and i'm literally down to a few quid at the minute. Its killing me thinking about missing it. Last home Premiership match i missed was Arsenal May 2000. I relying on them making half season tickets available.

Sorry to hear it

Guest firetotheworks

Welcome to my life for last year and the next 2 years. Im just going to whatever I can afford this season. Would be good if there were some student schemes on or something.

Welcome to my life for last year and the next 2 years. Im just going to whatever I can afford this season. Would be good if there were some student schemes on or something.

Aye its a twat. I've never understood why there hasn't been category's other Kids, Adult and Senior citizens. How are school leavers supposed to pay such a jump in price the second they leave school cos they are classed as adults? Its ridiculous. Luckily my mam sorted me out when i first left school. I'm gonna get a loan next year though so i'll be able to pay for it by that for 08/09 cos i can borrow the money in June and pay it back later. If i manage to scrape together money for matches in these first 4 and a bit months of this season i think i'll probably try and just get to a few away matches and get back to SJP in January obviously.

college is for whimps  8) :knuppel2:

naah mate that's s*** luck. its sad to hear stories like this one especially seeing as how f****** dedicated you've been the last 7 yrs!!

Guest SeattleToon

I have to say that as an American looking from afar, ticket prices to Premiership matches are appallingly high. I don't know what the cheapest ticket is at St. James, but all the major sports (MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL) in the USA still offer tickets for about $10-20 (5-10 quid), although these are generally the worst seats in the stadium/arena.

The Premiership is pricing its next generation of fans out of the game....something which will come back to haunt them in 5-10 years when nobody expect the super-rich can afford tickets and who have a whole generation of young adults who were not able to go to matches as kids.

Guest Phil K

Quite frankly, great start, but three seasons of sh*te from Souness and Roeder, and his last season and a bit of...well...not exactly inspired leadership from SBR and people have developed a "Let me see what I'm getting first" attitude - and about time too.

Guest eyeball_tickler

i still think its a massive rip off to charge us £33 to see us play an average team like villa. actually, £33 is a rip off to watch any match, especially with no guarantee about the quality of match. 

Guest alijmitchell

college is for whimps  8) :knuppel2:

naah mate that's s*** luck. its sad to hear stories like this one especially seeing as how f****** dedicated you've been the last 7 yrs!!

Aye it really is shit, i had a season ticket for four years and had to give it up when i went to uni too, although i signed it over to my sister (a sad day). It still annoys me that there isn't a student scheme or something, we are losing out on fans here. I remember saving upmoney from selling the mag for my first ticket which was about 160, (aged 14) but it jumped from 170 to 290 or something by the time i turned 16. I had to work my arse off and rely on generous family members to get it. Getting shafted now though, 33 quid a ticket is quite expensive for a student, considering it usually involves some sort of travelling for most, and a day on the drink. The club should probably try and address this because we'll be losing out loads of keen youngsters with those price jumps.

£33 a ticket, £5 travel, £10 drinks, £5 food (£53 total) would be about right for a normal match day when i go.

If i were a season ticket holder, or regular without a season ticket, I could easily kiss goodbye to £1,000. Just cant justify it personally, when i think what else i could do with that money - 2 holidays a year for a start.

Still tickets left in Bar 1892, Sports Bar, Leazes L7, Milburn L7, Sovereign Suite and the Black/White Room, crackers.

Imagine what the ground would have looked like if Shepherd and Roeder were still here.

I wouldn't have been there, that's for fucking certain.