We can't sell all our tickets

NSG

Guest Geordiesned

I think this is fair play - we seem to have people running the club who recognise the need for a full house and as many people backing the team as possible. Something that was sadly lacking with the previous regime.

Don't know if I'll be in in time for a free drink though.

EDIT: Notice it doesn't actual specify if it's a free alcohlic drink - it may be a diet coke!

Aye I think the prawn sandwich brigade bring in an income to the club, but if one club were to lower prices in certain areas for single parents, low incomes and students then they'd have a loyal and persistant fan base. Brand quality and all that if you look at it from a business point of view.

Why the hell should I subsidise people because they've made bad decisions in life?

When the students get their £30k + jobs, will they return the favour?

Aye I think the prawn sandwich brigade bring in an income to the club, but if one club were to lower prices in certain areas for single parents, low incomes and students then they'd have a loyal and persistant fan base. Brand quality and all that if you look at it from a business point of view.

Why the hell should I subsidise people because they've made bad decisions in life?

Not everyone has a low income because they made a bad decision in life, though.

Guest firetotheworks

You dont come into the equation though tbf. Its a business decision, not a tax. The bad decisions thing is a fair point, but again its a percentage and not a whole.

Not everyone has a low income because they made a bad decision in life, though.

Some of us had a great football brain, just didnt have skill or fitness to go with it.

Guest Gemmill

I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea (it would keep all the plebs in one place for a start :razz: ), but fuck the students.  They can't afford to go to the match cos they're spunking all their cash on drink and doing fuck all.  I'm not subsidising those scruffy wankers!

Rang the box office this morning and it sounded chocka in there, canny wait on the phone to before I got through, all I wanted to know was when the money would be taken out of the bank for the Carling up match and guess what they did'nt know yet :lol: They never fkn do!!

Mind this offer is going to be popular today..

- Subject to availability, anyone buying an adult ticket on Saturday from the NUFC Box Office will be able to bring two children under 14 for free. This offer is for selected areas of Level Seven in the Milburn Stand and supporters must again enter the ground between 3.45-4.30pm.

Guest firetotheworks

I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea (it would keep all the plebs in one place for a start :razz: ), but f*** the students.  They can't afford to go to the match cos they're spunking all their cash on drink and doing f*** all.  I'm not subsidising those scruffy wankers!

The stereotype lives on.

Guest Andy_M

Pisses me off students complaining and wanting discounts. don't see single parent discounts, or unemployed discount, or discounts for people on low incomes. The only reason students get discounts anywhere isn't because out of the goodness of businessmens hearts, its because they have a disposable income in the first place.

Ive just finished and aye I was skint alot of the time, but I was alot better off than alot of people working wiith s*** jobs with kids etc. Prioritise or dont go.

Im not a single parent, but if I was I would say there should be a single parent scheme. Personally, my mams a single parent and I had to get a full time job or move out and go to college so I decided to move out. Student loans are for living on, along with my part time wages. The reason students get breaks is because theyre being educated to feed the national economy and need to be looked after, not out of the goodness of businessmens hearts. A lot of students are prioritising, thats the point were making about schemes. We can get a season ticket or be on the breadline for a year. Not every student lives at home, spends their loans on extravagances and expects hand outs, in fact I dont know any.

Hmmm, that seems like present tense to me. We have a liar on our books, lads!

Guest Gemmill

I wouldn't necessarily be against the idea (it would keep all the plebs in one place for a start :razz: ), but f*** the students.  They can't afford to go to the match cos they're spunking all their cash on drink and doing f*** all.  I'm not subsidising those scruffy wankers!

The stereotype lives on.

There's a good reason that that's considered your stereotypical student.  They certainly don't warrant cheap tickets to the football.

Guest firetotheworks

Pisses me off students complaining and wanting discounts. don't see single parent discounts, or unemployed discount, or discounts for people on low incomes. The only reason students get discounts anywhere isn't because out of the goodness of businessmens hearts, its because they have a disposable income in the first place.

Ive just finished and aye I was skint alot of the time, but I was alot better off than alot of people working wiith s*** jobs with kids etc. Prioritise or dont go.

Im not a single parent, but if I was I would say there should be a single parent scheme. Personally, my mams a single parent and I had to get a full time job or move out and go to college so I decided to move out. Student loans are for living on, along with my part time wages. The reason students get breaks is because theyre being educated to feed the national economy and need to be looked after, not out of the goodness of businessmens hearts. A lot of students are prioritising, thats the point were making about schemes. We can get a season ticket or be on the breadline for a year. Not every student lives at home, spends their loans on extravagances and expects hand outs, in fact I dont know any.

As I said in the other thread, it was irony saying my mam was dead as a retort and then saying the jokes on you. I should have just thrown a pie or something because its obviously lost on you. Besides, Im not being resposible for spoiling another thread so maybe you should just do as some admins have said and just stop posting?

Guest Andy_M

As I said in the other thread, it was irony saying my mam was dead as a retort and then saying the jokes on you. I should have just thrown a pie or something because its obviously lost on you. Besides, Im not being resposible for spoiling another thread so maybe you should just do as some admins have said and just stop posting?

Throwing a pie certainly gets more laughs from me than somebody who resorts to pretending his mother is dead as a form of "clever" humour, that's for sure. Anyway, enough, don't want to show you up anymore and go off subject :)

Be close to a sell out today imo.

Guest alijmitchell

The stereotype lives on.

There's a good reason that that's considered your stereotypical student.  They certainly don't warrant cheap tickets to the football.

These are the same students that are aquiring an education at an extortionate price to become qualified doctors, nurses, teachers, lawyers, engineers, surgeons, vets etc, who will no doubt have helped you in the past and will do in the future. The myth that students are all scruffy unwashed layabouts is just that, a myth. Most have very little money and will be contributing to the economy as well as our own quality of life. Lay off them, I'm all for student discounts, as long as they're passionate and make some noise mind.

Guest firetotheworks

The stereotype lives on.

I agree with the stereotype to an extent because there are students like that, but not all. My point is that there are student schemes for almost everything else, why not football matches? Seniors get discounted because theyre likely to be on a pension because there may be little choice in the matter. Same as single parents. You can say theres a stereotype that single mothers sponge off the state by deliberately getting pregnant to get benefits (I know a couple) Its certainly one that I dont believe on the whole, as well as the student stereotype. Students admittedly do have a choice, however the choice is between having a nation with skilled workers and a nation with none. Christ, this is getting deep.

Wish I had a sob story to get things cheaper.

Old people should have bought and paid for the house they got for £10,000 and put money towards a pension.

If they've pissed their money up the wall, how's that my problem?

Guest firetotheworks

Old people should have bought and paid for the house they got for £10,000 and put money towards a pension.

You been to college or uni before? Im not being funny with you or owt. Genuine question

You been to college or uni before? Im not being funny with you or owt. Genuine question

Is this where you assume I'm a thicko because I got a job at 16?

Guest firetotheworks

Thats a bit of a gross generalisation. Either way, youre opinion on seniors seems the same as your opinion on students and single parents, yet seniors get discounts

Nah, I did too for a couple of years. Just wondering whether you had been a student. If you had then maybe your opinion would be different.

Thats a bit of a gross generalisation. Either way, youre opinion on seniors seems the same as your opinion on students and single parents, yet seniors get discounts

Nah, I did too for a couple of years. Just wondering whether you had been a student. If you had then maybe your opinion would be different.

Maybe so.

I wonder if anyone else had worked for 35 hours for £80, they might get the 'If you want something, work for it' concept.

Being a student is a choice (one I made) and therefore why should students get discounts and freebies?

I never had as much disposable income as I did as a student, when you top up loans and partime jobs coupled with relatively cheap rent, no taxes, and the abundance of chaep food and drink on offer you are minted compared to when you stop being a student and actually start working for a living and contributing to the tax system.

I'm with SSR on this one

Guest firetotheworks

Maybe so.

I wonder if anyone else had worked for 35 hours for £80, they might get the 'If you want something, work for it' concept.

Thats a fair point, but one that applies to the student stereotype again. most I know have weekend jobs and work hard. Im not trying to play the sob story like you said earlier, Ive been in both positions and being a student isnt the fun and games financially that its perceived as on the outside. To those that it is fun and games for tend to fail their course, drop out or rely on their parents, which I think as an adult is a total contradiction. I could go and work full time and be able to afford it but again if every student thought like that we'd have no doctors, engineers etc etc. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and stop hijacking this thread.

Maybe so.

Thats a fair point, but one that applies to the student stereotype again. most I know have weekend jobs and work hard. Im not trying to play the sob story like you said earlier, Ive been in both positions and being a student isnt the fun and games financially that its perceived as on the outside. To those that it is fun and games for tend to fail their course, drop out or rely on their parents, which I think as an adult is a total contradiction. I could go and work full time and be able to afford it but again if every student thought like that we'd have no doctors, engineers etc etc. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and stop hijacking this thread.

Ok. I don't assume being a student is easy, just don't think they should be subsidised for luxury items because of it.

While I'm grateful that we've got doctors, engineers etc., I'm also equally grateful for all the people who do the low-paid jobs that don't carry the same respect.

Maybe so.

Ok. I don't assume being a student is easy, just don't think they should be subsidised for luxury items because of it.

While I'm grateful that we've got doctors, engineers etc., I'm also equally grateful for all the people who do the low-paid jobs that don't carry the same respect.

I agree with that, but it misses the point of student discounts. They're used to generate customers who tend to remain loyal to a business, not because they're deserving of them.

Maybe so.

i've worked 55 hours for £50 for three weeks in a row, and also got a degree. woohoo!!!