Newcastle United 0-0 Aston Villa - 18/08/07 - Post Match reaction from Page 12

James

They need to start earning there f****** money,i got out of jail a few months ago and now i'm earning £250 a week and have never been so blessed in my life and working my socks off,these c***s are being paid that type of silly money for doing f*** all,i'd been looking forward to this match all week,what a dissapointment,really f****** sick of newcastle me like.

wot crime did you commit to be put inside?

I've been in and out of jail all my life,but i have also been a total toon supporter all my life and all i've ever seen is players being paid silly money to do f*** all on the field,i'd do anything thing to be paid that type of money,but these c***s just take it for granted.

i've worked my arse off all my life, never nicked from anyone, never looked for the cheap way out, never been nickedp, been a newcastle supporter all my life, and i have watched alot of s*** and watched a bunch of lazy overpaid bastards in black and white shirts, but tonight they wernet lazy or c***s, they just lacked creativity... give them time

What has that got to do with anything?

what has that got to do with anything?

Guest Darth Toon

It was a game that was needed. The hype needs to stop or at least calm down a whole lot. This is still a team far from being complete. We're only two competitive matches into the season and people are expecting nice attacking football? Has anyone noticed that this is a formation which NONE of our players are used to? I'm not making excuses for the inept attacking display but I fully empathize with BS and realize that we have to calm down. Has anyone noticed how the other teams in the league have started? Spurs lost 2 in a row before recovering today. Manyoo are only on 2 points after two matches. Chelsea were very good for only 10 minutes and then went back into the sloppiness which plagued them the whole game against Reading. No team has started on fire, and we should be analyzing the team's performance in relative to how the other teams, especially our direct competitors (Spurs, Everton and Villa etc.), have done.

Regarding today's performance, I thought Zoggy and Milner were our best players. Milner was trying his darn hardest to create something. Viduka was disappointing and should have come off a lot earlier because at least Ameobi competed for balls in the air. I thought Laursen and Mellberg were brilliant. When Enrique's fit, I expect Sam to give Zoggy a go in the middle in games like these, especially at home. We're lacking that drive in the middle of the park; Geremi's always looking to pass, Butt needs to stop with his playmaking bs and Smith's creative abilities is limited. We're lacking the drive that we lacked when Emre and Parker was in the middle. There needs to be a balance, something which will be hard to find if Smith and Butt are paired together in a game in which the onus to attack is on us. I'm not sure if Barton will be a better fit but we need a playmaker or at least give Zoggy/Emre a real go.

Overall though, we shouldn't be displeased; 4 points from the first couple of games was something most of us would have been happy with and we should be looking at that. Our next few games aren't the hardest as well so we should at least be picking up more points, especially if we continue to be solid at the back, something which most people have overlooked in criticizing the attack today.

Thank fuck fior that - was just beginning to depair before I read this post.

Well said mate - reality check for some, promising progress for most. We didn't create much, but we looked solid as fuck, and that's where all the best teams always start.

Personally think Barton will make a big difference, as will Enrique. Top performers for me were Smith. Rozehnal and Zoggy, but I don't think a single toon player had a bad performance.

Guest mikefin

We needed Nobby and Emre.

Harper - 7

Carr - 6

Roz - 7

Taylor - 7

Zoggy - 6,5

Butt - 6

Smith - 6,5

Geremi - 6

Milner -7

Viduka - 7

Martins - 4 (Horrible with the ball, awful passes.. Certainly not his day)

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Harper: 8 - some important saves.

Carr: 6 - did OK defensively but didnt go forward.

Taylor: 7 - steady game.

Roz: 8 - looked very calm and confident.

Zoggy: 7 - same as Carr but helped a bit more in the build up.

Geremi: 7 - nothing special. Wonder if he is supposed to play more offensive than he did today.

Butt: 7 - lost the ball in dangerous situations a few times but did OK and worked hard.

Smith: 8 - was involved in everything and could have scored as well. Some really great tackles too.

Milner: 9 - by far my Man of the Match. Suceeded in almost everything he did today and was in periods our only thread. 

Viduka: 7 - OK perfomance but still expecting a bit more.

Martins: 7 - very much in and out of the game but when he got the ball he looked dangerous.

Overall the players did OK but as a team we lacked a decent gameplan when having the ball and it was like all three central midfielders were defensive minded which especially was seen in the second half where we created nothing! A few positives we can retrieve from the game is the Roz/Taylor partnership and Milner.

Maybe we should try 4-4-2 in the next game or hope that Emre can spice up the midfield a bit if he is rdy...   

Wow, very generous ratings. We were average today, out of all our players only Rozehnal and Milner deserve 7's

I just thought that the players overall did OK and battled very well but the gameplan whatever it was didnt create enought for us. I prefer either 4-4-2 with focus on the wings or 4-5-1 where one of the midfielders should be very offensive minded.

Guest Dr Jeckl

The reason why i'm complaining,is because it look to me like we only beat bolton like that because they were shit,not because we were good,and i've seen this for years fake optimism and it always turns out shit.

It doesn't matter if you have never stole anything in your life,a newcastle fan is a newcastle fan!

Harper: 8 - some important saves.

Carr: 6 - did OK defensively but didnt go forward.

Taylor: 7 - steady game.

Roz: 8 - looked very calm and confident.

Zoggy: 7 - same as Carr but helped a bit more in the build up.

Geremi: 7 - nothing special. Wonder if he is supposed to play more offensive than he did today.

Butt: 7 - lost the ball in dangerous situations a few times but did OK and worked hard.

Smith: 8 - was involved in everything and could have scored as well. Some really great tackles too.

Milner: 9 - by far my Man of the Match. Suceeded in almost everything he did today and was in periods our only thread. 

Viduka: 7 - OK perfomance but still expecting a bit more.

Martins: 7 - very much in and out of the game but when he got the ball he looked dangerous.

Overall the players did OK but as a team we lacked a decent gameplan when having the ball and it was like all three central midfielders were defensive minded which especially was seen in the second half where we created nothing! A few positives we can retrieve from the game is the Roz/Taylor partnership and Milner.

Maybe we should try 4-4-2 in the next game or hope that Emre can spice up the midfield a bit if he is rdy...   

Wow, very generous ratings. We were average today, out of all our players only Rozehnal and Milner deserve 7's

I just thought that the players overall did OK and battled very well but the gameplan whatever it was didnt create enought for us. I prefer either 4-4-2 with focus on the wings or 4-5-1 where one of the midfielders should be very offensive minded.

cant fault the players for their attitude

They need to start earning there f****** money,i got out of jail a few months ago and now i'm earning £250 a week and have never been so blessed in my life and working my socks off,these c***s are being paid that type of silly money for doing f*** all,i'd been looking forward to this match all week,what a dissapointment,really f****** sick of newcastle me like.

I've been in and out of jail all my life,but i have also been a total toon supporter all my life and all i've ever seen is players being paid silly money to do f*** all on the field,i'd do anything thing to be paid that type of money,but these c***s just take it for granted.

i've worked my arse off all my life, never nicked from anyone, never looked for the cheap way out, never been nickedp, been a newcastle supporter all my life, and i have watched alot of s*** and watched a bunch of lazy overpaid bastards in black and white shirts, but tonight they wernet lazy or c***s, they just lacked creativity... give them time

Wow what a great reply ffs, MY post was a reply to a post you made that had no relevance apart from maybe a slight dig at Dr Jeckl.

Incase you didnt realise of course.

Good for you,you f****** fairy,just cos i've been inside i'm i not allowwed an opinion.

In and out of jail all your life !!!

You're entitled to an opinion, but if you're a career criminal I do object to your entitlement to oxygen

Wow what a great reply ffs, MY post was a reply to a post you made that had no relevance apart from maybe a slight dig at Dr Jeckl.

i didnt realise sorry... im a bit slow

Obviously

Guest Knightrider

Shocking game :lol:

But a pleasing result, I'm happy with a point and a clean sheet. Long term folks, long term.

Positives:

We got a point

Clean sheet

Owen's appearance

Milner's performance

Viduka a step nearer to full fitness

Defence looked solid enough

We played some good slick football at times

We're 6th in the table with a game in hand

The negatives are team gelling, understanding and tactical issues, nowt major.

The reason why i'm complaining,is because it look to me like we only beat bolton like that because they were s***,not because we were good,and i've seen this for years fake optimism and it always turns out s***.

It doesn't matter if you have never stole anything in your life,a newcastle fan is a newcastle fan!

Forget it mate, we're not passionate fans, we're just bitter trolls to these headcases.

Guest Dr Jeckl

Good for you,you f****** fairy,just cos i've been inside i'm i not allowwed an opinion.

You're entitled to an opinion, but if you're a career criminal I do object to your entitlement to oxygen

You little fucking prick,i have been in and out of jail but its not what i would have chose for myself but i've been raised this way,and like i said i'm now working and trying to stay away from crime for me and my kid.

Obviously

maybe you need to be a bit more "obvious" in what you state in future

You little fucking prick,i have been in and out of jail but its not what i would have chose for myself but i've been raised this way,and like i said i'm now working and trying to stay away from crime for me and my kid.

Trisha-tastic.

You little f****** prick,i have been in and out of jail but its not what i would have chose for myself but i've been raised this way,and like i said i'm now working and trying to stay away from crime for me and my kid.

Fair enough, but you probably shouldn't have bothered bringing it up as you were bound to get some responses you wouldn't like.

We all have different backgrounds and a lot of us work very hard for a living just like you feel you do.

We all support the team and that's all that should matter so can we calm this down please?

Obviously

maybe you need to be a bit more "obvious" in what you state in future

Funny that because you seem to have gotten the point, hence you admitting your slow, i mean you said you were slow, i said obviously which was agreeing to something YOU said, so whats the problem?

Guest Dr Jeckl

All i've done is come on here to talk about newcastle v villa game but you get loads of little mammys boys talking shit O0

Shocking game :lol:

But a pleasing result, I'm happy with a point and a clean sheet. Long term folks, long term.

Positives:

We got a point

Clean sheet

Owen's appearance

Milner's performance

Viduka a step nearer to full fitness

Defence looked solid enough

We played some good slick football at times

We're 6th in the table with a game in hand

The negatives are team gelling, understanding and tactical issues, nowt major.

if you had posted this alot earlier it would have calmed a few tempers :parky:

Guest SeattleToon

To all the whiners out there:

What do you expect when your central midfield pairing is Butt and Geremi??? Loads of brilliant passes????

Tactics are dictated by player availability...and with Barton & Emre both out, and Parker & Dyer both gone, is it any suprise that we could not penetrate the center of Villa's defense (which is very strong BTW)?

And stop slagging on the forwards....it's not their fault that they got no service!