A thought regarding Smith

DJ_NUFC

Why not use him in an attacking role for home games, since we already have enough DMs to put a home crowd to sleep? He's far more hungry, aggressive and eager than Viduka looked today, or any of our other strikers did today in fact, and we all know he can put the ball into the back of the net.

I hope this is realised when Barton (also not a particularly potent 'attacking' force, but a driving force nonetheless) and Emre are back.

Also, Beye  Faye can play both DM and CB.

Why not use him in an attacking role for home games, since we already have enough DMs to put a home crowd to sleep? He's far more hungry, aggressive and eager than Viduka looked today, or any of our other strikers did today in fact, and we all know he can't put the ball into the back of the net.

I hope this is realised when Barton (also not a particularly potent 'attacking' force, but a driving force nonetheless) and Emre are back.

Also, Beye   Faye can play both DM and CB.

FYP

Why not use him in an attacking role for home games, since we already have enough DMs to put a home crowd to sleep? He's far more hungry, aggressive and eager than Viduka looked today, or any of our other strikers did today in fact, and we all know he can put the ball into the back of the net.

Also, Beye  Faye can play both DM and CB.

Because he doesn't have the technical ability or vision to create chances from nothing, or make a defence splitting pass, or dribble past players at will, or score a lot of goals directly from midfield (think he'll get a few headed goals from set pieces this season mind).

As you said he's a great battler, very aggresive, but that's not a AM's most important attributes. Bit pointless comparing his hunger or eagerness to a 31yo Viduka, who's looked a lazy player for most of his career but when he has the ball at his feet you can see his class in comparison.

He really is s****, It won't be long before the fans turn on him like they did with Parker.

is that ironic ?

In what way?

in the way that i was wondering if you meant it as an ironic comment ?

I don't see anything ironic about it at all tbh.

Hes not shit. Hes just not "good" at anything bar throwing himself into tackles and working hard. And even then, he walks an extremely tight rope - gives away some dangerous free kicks in silly positions, and is pretty reckless with many of his tackles. Ill be suprised if he manages to go an entire season without a red card or two and at least a dozen yellows.

Guest Gemmill

He really is shite, It won't be long before the fans turn on him like they did with Parker.

Yeah that's basically complete and utter bollocks.

Tbh, I thought Smith was the most aware player out there on the pitch. Just because he didn't dribble past 7 and smack one in the top corner doesn't make him shit. He covered more ground than Parker ever would have done, and his performance was vital to the result.  Even had to cover up for a couple of mistakes that our captain had made in losing possession in midfield.

Smith, Butt, Carr and Harper imo should all receive praise on the back of that performance.

Carr, aside from obviously being bowel-shatteringly slow, seems to have lost all faith in his ability so he backed off, backed off, backed off, backed off, "Oh, look I'm in the box.  Might as well have a shot or cross then."

Carr, aside from obviously being bowel-shatteringly slow, seems to have lost all faith in his ability so he backed off, backed off, backed off, backed off, "Oh, look I'm in the box.  Might as well have a shot or cross then."

I've been one of Carr's biggest critics in the past. However, I feel he must get some credit for his improved performances. He's still nowhere near my first choice RB, but he has been a damn sight better than recent times. Took a right physical battering and did his best to keep Young relatively quiet.

He really is shite, It won't be long before the fans turn on him like they did with Parker.

That's right, because Smith done what yesterday? He got stuck in and made a few crunching tackles which the ref gave freekicks against us for, the lad created fuck all going forward and it was often left to Geremi to try and bring it out from the back.

Anyone with a clue about football could tell you we needed to replace Dyer with either someone with pace who can stretch teams or a playmaker who can pick a pass out and knit the team together, instead we've got a bloke who's known for being a grafter and giving his all, worse still we played him in the middle with a 2 holding men and the result was we created fuck all in the centre and had no movement whatsoever.

For me Smith was our best player on the park yesterday. Not only did he make some fantastic challenges, he also passed the ball about well and tried to put some drive into the team. Parker is nowhere near as good.

That's right, because Smith done what yesterday? He got stuck in and made a few crunching tackles which the ref gave freekicks against us for, the lad created fuck all going forward and it was often left to Geremi to try and bring it out from the back.

Anyone with a clue about football could tell you we needed to replace Dyer with either someone with pace who can stretch teams or a playmaker who can pick a pass out and knit the team together, instead we've got a bloke who's known for being a grafter and giving his all, worse still we played him in the middle with a 2 holding men and the result was we created fuck all in the centre and had no movement whatsoever.

Another one of the "greatest football supporters the world has ever had"!

Fucking pathetic!!!

Baggio:

"Anyone with a clue about football............"

I don't know whether you meant it but that is what pricks say. You might aswell just say "I know more about football than you". FFS

Baggio:

"Anyone with a clue about football............"

I don't know whether you meant it but that is what pricks say. You might aswell just say "I know more about football than you". FFS

Well it was obvious what we needed, even more so after yesterdays performance.

If me being right makes me a prick then so be it.

Guest eyeball_tickler

He really is s****, It won't be long before the fans turn on him like they did with Parker.

he's a slighlty richer man's parker. i know what you mean.

he's a slighlty richer man's parker. i know what you mean.

I think people need to give him a chance, rather than coming out with shite based on 1 game.