Jol on the brink? Breaking news:Ramos snubs huge Spurs offer.

Parky

Coaching them to 5th two successive season's isn't worth the remainder of the season?  What's that say to a new manager coming in.  "You've only got so long, mate, then you're out". 

Finishing 5th is hardly an achievement when you've spent twice as much as everybody outside the top 4 clubs. The board backed him last summer yet he managed to finish further away from the top 4 than the previous season and it doesnt look like he's improved the squad this season either.

Can anyone explain what Martin Jol is actually good at that makes people rate him because as far as i can see it's not squad building, tactics, substitutions or man management.

We spent money too! 

I guess my main argument is that it seems a silly time to replace him.  Why I am arguing about a team I can't stand is another issue altogether.   I'm done.

Fuck Spurs!

Hopefully this will fuck them up for a few games.

On another matter I think there is a deeper reality behind this. After the high spend (which they it looks like beleived would almost gurantee a top 4 slot), they have got jittery having witnessed the form of Man City and the early good form of Everton. Our steady start hasn't gone down well either.

I've had a lot of doubts about Jol tactically (for reasons stated at length elsewhere) but I felt he was doing an overall good job. They really should have fixed the left side in the summer.

If indeed Jol does walk it will put thier development back a year.

All depends who they get to replace him though, if he goes.

Still a good squad of players there, get in a top manager and they don't need to do anything drastic with the squad. Core of good young players and they'll spend money, just need a few additions.

All depends who they get to replace him though, if he goes.

Still a good squad of players there, get in a top manager and they don't need to do anything drastic with the squad. Core of good young players and they'll spend money, just need a few additions.

That's why they need Souey. He'll have that squad dismantled by February.

How have they made the error?

Spurs are looking to improve on what they've got and got found out sniffing around a top manager, Jol is still there at this point in time but ideally they should have got rid of him in the summer, imo of course, that's if they want to keep on improving as I don't think he's good enough to crack the top 4.

We on the other hand sat back while the club went backwards, told the manager he would be out at the end of the season and interfered in his transfer business (selling Speed, refusing to sign Carrick in favour of Butt etc according to SBR's book) we then sacked him without anyone to come in, we then get refused by Allardyce and Bruce (confirmed by both) and have to settle for Graeme Souness.

Apart from the timing, both things are miles apart.

I was thinking more of Bobby Robson replacing Gullit, and to a lesser degree Gullit replacing Dalglish, both also only a few games into the season.

Who mentioned timing ?

As you said, sometimes these decisions must be made.

You're losing me here, mate.

Bobby replacing Gullit was the right thing to do (even though Gullit officially resigned) so was Gullit replacing Dalglish, I don't see anyone moaning at the board for either tbh.

You've turned into an enormous bore btw.

Sorry, should i be in awe of your post?? Didnt really answer that last time.

Coaching them to 5th two successive season's isn't worth the remainder of the season?  What's that say to a new manager coming in.  "You've only got so long, mate, then you're out". 

Finishing 5th is hardly an achievement when you've spent twice as much as everybody outside the top 4 clubs. The board backed him last summer yet he managed to finish further away from the top 4 than the previous season and it doesnt look like he's improved the squad this season either.

Can anyone explain what Martin Jol is actually good at that makes people rate him because as far as i can see it's not squad building, tactics, substitutions or man management.

Jol's spent fuck all. It's Comolli who's been spending the money. The left side of midfield is quite baffling but the Taraabt kid looks exciting.

Sorry if the point's been made before, but Ramos is bang out of order for going public about Spurs making that offer to him. That's unnecessary, and totally disrespectful to a fellow manager. Yes, the story was going around, but confirming it like that makes Jol's situation even worse.

So now Spurs are liars.

Kingdawson and Martin Jol mysteriously disapeared?

Ramos now backtracking. Nice conclusion-jumping though, well done.

"But before midday, UK time, Ramos appeared at Sevilla's training ground to say he was staying despite receiving an offer from Spurs. Although a squirming Ramos initially sought to deny everything, claiming that he could not understand what all the "fuss" was about, he ended by confessing to having had indirect contact with Spurs. He said that he had not met with the secretary John Alexander and the vice-chairman Paul Kemsley at the Alfonso XIII hotel on Friday, despite photographic evidence published by the Estadio Deportivo newspaper on Saturday ."    Guardian.

So now Spurs are liars.

"But before midday, UK time, Ramos appeared at Sevilla's training ground to say he was staying despite receiving an offer from Spurs. Although a squirming Ramos initially sought to deny everything, claiming that he could not understand what all the "fuss" was about, he ended by confessing to having had indirect contact with Spurs. He said that he had not met with the secretary John Alexander and the vice-chairman Paul Kemsley at the Alfonso XIII hotel on Friday, despite photographic evidence published by the Estadio Deportivo newspaper on Saturday ."    Guardian.

ooh, that must be true then.

So now Spurs are liars.

Is the Guardian into photoshopping now or was that just an idiotic comment?

So now Spurs are liars.

have you seen the photos?

So now Spurs are liars.

I took them.

So now Spurs are liars.

I took them.

Well done.

Speaking of Spurs, some of these photoshops of Robinson are great.

The original

http://blackred.co.uk/PaulRobinson01.jpg

http://blackred.co.uk/RobinsonHorse.jpg

http://aycu21.webshots.com/image/22620/2003841137772686523_rs.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k269/jimgib/hlitu--wptrunk11278copy.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5259/robboharveybw4.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1574/robbohorseplaneif1.gif

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/167/kangaroolovecopymq4.jpg

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/1898/bikerv8.jpg

Levy's definitive explanation to the past few days....................

<snip>

If the mods feel it is inappropriate to have the link, apologies, no doubt they will delete it.

Fraid so.

<snip>

If the mods feel it is inappropriate to have the link, apologies, no doubt they will delete it.

Fraid so.

Was that an illegal clip like?  O0

<snip>

Fraid so.

The equivalent of someone posting a Newcastle World Video.

<snip>

Fraid so.

The equivalent of someone posting a Newcastle World Video.

Its that not as bad as a youtube clip like ???

Levi is such a boring bastard like. Tried listening to him but he just drags on and on...