Do you trust Mike Ashley?

Guest Knightrider
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surely you can only judge him once he's had the chance to do what he is there to do, and you've seen whether he has done it or not.

Although he's got quite a large head, which makes him instantly less trustworthy in my book.

Guest Knightrider

Trust him in what sense?

In a "do you trust your lass to stay faithful"? kind of way, in light of all these stories about others interested in buying the club. Quite a vague poll I know and a daft one :D but on sheer instinct, does anyone trust him?

Guest Knightrider

Just go with your gut instincts here, doe YOU trust him? Never mind all this well he's only been here a few months and such, as Chez once reminded us in GC, get off the fence people.

I personally don't trust him, although weirdly I trust Mort. But then their two positions are a world of difference.

Trust him in what sense?

In a "do you trust your lass to stay faithful"? kind of way, in light of all these stories about others interested in buying the club. Quite a vague poll I know and a daft one :D but on sheer instinct, does anyone trust him?

Well, do you mean "do I trust him to put a solid amount of money into the club and into transfers?" or "do I trust him not to sell SJP and turn it into a huge Sports World, while taking the club into the Conference?"

I've no reason to think Ashley or Chris Mort has anything other than the club's best intentions at heart, there's my answer.

Just go with your gut instincts here, doe YOU trust him? Never mind all this well he's only been here a few months and such, as Chez once reminded us in GC, get off the fence people.

I personally don't trust him, although weirdly I trust Mort. But then their two positions are a world of difference.

Ok then, no.

You have to earn trust. Ashley, hiding away, not stating his intentions himself is bound to make everyone sceptical.

I do trust Mort though. He's been letting everyone know the craic, has done well with signings, seems to have a good relationship with the staff at the club, has managed to pull a big signing in in Enrique, and generally has come accross as a top bloke in all his interviews.

He has paid off a little bit of debt (i think this is how you spell it?)

paying off £30million or something is a good start but i still dont know much about him so i voted undecided

I trust him more than the media who've said he's going to sell twice which has been denied. I've no reason not to trust him.

Trust him in what sense?

Your analogy is ever so slightly flawed btw. If I had a lass, I'd probably have met her. However, if I'd never met her or heard her speak, had only ever seen two pictures of her and then I heard she was sleeping round with Icelandic businessmen, I might be slightly sceptical about the relationship. :lol:

Surely you can only judge him once he's had the chance to do what he is there to do, and you've seen whether he has done it or not.

Although he's got quite a large head, which makes him instantly less trustworthy in my book.

This lad talks more sense than most on this board.

Not too fond of the dig at larger-ish heads mind  ???

For the record, I voted aye...

I tend to trust those who speak less more than those who worship the sound of their own voice

Guest Toon Barmy

all these stories about others interested in buying the club.

OTHER PEOPLE interested in buying, NOT Ashley interested in selling.  He's bought the club at £131m, paid off some of the £80m debt and bought players.  He'd have to sell for around £200m to make it worth his while.

He's ousted the leeches from the club and installed a real business person to look at how the club should be run.

Do you blame your lass if other men ask her out?  Not if she says no, so Yes I trust him. 

Guest Knightrider

Trust him in what sense?

Your analogy is ever so slightly flawed btw. If I had a lass, I'd probably have met her. However, if I'd never met her or heard her speak, had only ever seen two pictures of her and then I heard she was sleeping round with Icelandic businessmen, I might be slightly sceptical about the relationship. :lol:

I know :lol: shite analogy and strange thread I agree, just wanted to test what people's gut instincts are about the guy for no real particular reason, really.

He has a certain reputation apparently......

I quite like his 'type' ie going against convention and taking on the status quo, self-made man etc He won't take any shit and if the wants to make something of the club he will. Other than that we'll have to wait and see.

Guest Knightrider

My biggest fear is he leaves us in the lurch one day (i.e. drops us) or if he does want out and wants to earn a quick buck he sells up to any tom dick and harry who comes a knocking. Other than that I think he'll be good for us while he is the owner. At current though I don't trust him and that's not a criticism or a negative, just me being me, untrusting of people I don't really know or know of.

Guest Knightrider

Hiding behind Mort doesn't fill me with trust for the guy, but I should be grateful we haven't got an egomaniac like Bates, Shepherd or Risdale.

Might he sell up? EVERY club has its price.

It's as if Mort's his stock broker, and NUFC are his shares...

Guest Sniffer

Ashley is a businessman with no particular love for Newcastle or ties to the area that I know of.

If he could make a say a 50 mill or more profit in a couple of months............who knows?

Guest Knightrider

The last thing this club needs is uncertainty, we've had it at just about every level for over 40 years now, and is one of the major reasons why we're so unpredictable as a club, or blow hot and cold. If we can get 10 good years out of Ashley I'd be happy, delighted even, because I think he'd do everything within reason to make a huge success of the club, but 5 years, figures like that? Sorry but that's of no use to Newcastle United Football Club and that will always be a concern for me, while he's the owner I suppose.