Smoggies VS Newcastle

Decky

A must win imo.

Anything less than is a total and utter shambles.

I know we've got a few injury problems but they've got it just as bad, and even fully fit are s****. How they won the other day can only be put down to luck.

Much improved performance is needed by us this game, make Villa a one off.

No excuses.

come on alex.. have a go at him now.

btw i totally agree  :thup:

The sentiment, like yours, is correct. But to say anything less than a win is abysmal or a 'total shambles', can only come from someone thinking we're something we're not. Only the top four (if that, tbh) have the divine right of saying that. You can't go away to anyone in the Premiership and claim anything but a win is a 'shambles'.

1. Are we a better team?  <yes move to question 3> <no  move to 2>

2. why not?

3. Are middlesbrough a weakened side? <yes- than yeah we should win> <no move to 4>

4. Are you mad?

Yes you can say that, is it wrong to expect a win against a side we should be beating?

Expect a win, yes. I'm expecting a win. But to say it's a shambles if we don't is plain daft.

Am i really actually wrong here? ???

That was fun btw, thanks.

just thought the point would come across stonger if it was interactive  :razz:

technically you're not wrong, but still, speaking for myself i'd be gutted if we didn't pick up all 3 points. its a game we need to win if we want to climb up the table.. we can't justle settle for draws against teams that we should beat

I'd be disappointed with a draw. I wouldn't be 'settling' for that. I just wouldn't regard it as a 'shambles' if we only picked up a point.

dissappointment, shambles.. same thing really..

Fuking hell if the players have got the same mentality as some people in here we'll never beat anybody.

On the contrary, if our players go into games away to the likes of Boro, believing we'll simply brush the opposition aside - we'll get pummelled.

If we go in thinking a draw is good enough against Boro when they are in such a mess we'll get even less than that.

Neither of us are saying that. I didn't say anything like that.

This argument's absolutely stupid and i'm not pursuing it.

A must win imo.

Anything less than is a total and utter shambles.

I know we've got a few injury problems but they've got it just as bad, and even fully fit are s****. How they won the other day can only be put down to luck.

Much improved performance is needed by us this game, make Villa a one off.

No excuses.

come on alex.. have a go at him now.

btw i totally agree  :thup:

The sentiment, like yours, is correct. But to say anything less than a win is abysmal or a 'total shambles', can only come from someone thinking we're something we're not. Only the top four (if that, tbh) have the divine right of saying that. You can't go away to anyone in the Premiership and claim anything but a win is a 'shambles'.

1. Are we a better team?  <yes move to question 3> <no  move to 2>

2. why not?

3. Are middlesbrough a weakened side? <yes- than yeah we should win> <no move to 4>

4. Are you mad?

Yes you can say that, is it wrong to expect a win against a side we should be beating?

Expect a win, yes. I'm expecting a win. But to say it's a shambles if we don't is plain daft.

Am i really actually wrong here? ???

That was fun btw, thanks.

just thought the point would come across stonger if it was interactive  :razz:

technically you're not wrong, but still, speaking for myself i'd be gutted if we didn't pick up all 3 points. its a game we need to win if we want to climb up the table.. we can't justle settle for draws against teams that we should beat

I'd be disappointed with a draw. I wouldn't be 'settling' for that. I just wouldn't regard it as a 'shambles' if we only picked up a point.

dissappointment, shambles.. same thing really..

\/\/ U /\/\.

Fuking hell if the players have got the same mentality as some people in here we'll never beat anybody.

On the contrary, if our players go into games away to the likes of Boro, believing we'll simply brush the opposition aside - we'll get pummelled.

If we go in thinking a draw is good enough against Boro when they are in such a mess we'll get even less than that.

Neither of us are saying that. I didn't say anything like that.

This argument's absolutely stupid and i'm not pursuing it.

Don't make something of it then.  :razz:

nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.. jesus can't be pesismistic, cant be optimistic..

looks like we're going to have start adopting realism..

Don't worry, you get wrong for being pessimistic here, you get wrong for being optimistic here.

If you don't take the middle ground your a lune & your opinion counts as shit, you'll get used to it.  O0

I thought after all these years of being let down people would have steadied their expectations for regular falls, I certainly have.

If we don't win it's a shambles? It's like we've transformed into Liverpool or something.

I thought after all these years of being let down people would have steadied their expectations for regular falls, I certainly have.

If we don't win it's a shambles? It's like we've transformed into Liverpool or something.

Sorry, i just can't wait for SA's 3-5 year plan to be arrogant, i want it now.  :weep:

nothing wrong with a bit of optimism.. jesus can't be pesismistic, cant be optimistic..

Don't worry, you get wrong for being pessimistic here, you get wrong for being optimistic here.

If you don't take the middle ground your a lune & your opinion counts as shit, you'll get used to it.  O0

4/10. ;)

If you don't take the middle ground your a lune & your opinion counts as s***, you'll get used to it.  O0

i'll certainly try  :thup:

don't no what the uproar is tbh.. don't have to be liverpool to beat boro

There is no uproar. Boro are certainly pretty shit and I hope we'll roll them over. Problem is it just doesn't work out that easily - good teams sometimes lose, shit teams sometimes win - so I won't be slitting my wrists if we don't get a win there.

Someone said we should be winning 4-0 for fucks sake.

There is no uproar. Boro are certainly pretty s*** and I hope we'll roll them over. Problem is it just doesn't work out that easily - good teams sometimes lose, s*** teams sometimes win - so I won't be slitting my wrists if we don't get a win there.

Someone said we should be winning 4-0 for fucks sake.

i assure you, i wasn't implying suicide at all.. yes sh*t does happen, but i'm still going into this match with arrogance

Think this will end up as a draw due to the home advantage of Boro.

yes, the intimidation factor will be key... nothing like 3 screaming fans willing the home side on

bluelaugh.gif

Or they'll all come dressed as red seats and stand in silence again.

yes, the intimidation factor will be key... nothing like 3 screaming fans willing the home side on

bluelaugh.gif

;D  love it when they do that.. sometimes i almost think the stadium is empty..

bluelaugh.gif

:lol:

Guest Darth Toon

I think we'll go 4-3-3, probably with the same starting 11 too. Expect to see Owen, Ameobi, Cacapa and Emre on the bench, which gives decent options for changing things if needed.

One of the reasons the 4-3-3 wasn't so effective against Villa is that they were playing the same system (and have had a lot longer to perfect it) so the 2 teams pretty much cancelled each other out. Sam could probably have been more aggressive and gone for a win (and likely would hvve done if he'd had longer to work on different systems with this squad) but I think he was acutely aware of the importance of not losing his first home game, so preferred to take the safer point.

Against the smogs I think we'll find it a lot easier to control the middle of the pitch, and with their main defenders missing I would expect us to create chances. I'll go for a 2-1 toon win, Viduka in the first half and a late Owen winner.

Bring it on!

Doubt he'll change it.

It worked at Bolton because we actually played good football without long-ball. We did the opposite in both respects against Villa. I wouldn't change the formation.

Harper

Carr   Taylor   Rozehnal   N'Zogbia

Butt

Smith       Geremi

Milner          Viduka          Martins

... again and fuck long-ball.

Bench: Forster, Cacapa, Enrique, Ameobi, Owen

If we play with the mindset that we had at Bolton, then we'll hammer this Boro side. Someone said it earlier, but they've arguably got their entire backline out injured at the moment and we can really stun their defense if we drive at them like we can. Get shot of this bloody long ball, it did no one any favours; Viduka can't hold up the ball aerially and Butt can't play a decent long, high pass if the Villa game's anything to go by - so there's little point.