The 'daft footballers who can't talk properly' thread

brummie

how many people said at this time last year that Bolton had :

1. A better chairman than we had, as we had the only one who always got appointments wrong, the timing wrong, and ...

2. A better "plan" than us

Whereas......both those points were an absolute load of bollocks.

Whats more, there are plenty of other clubs too. Spurs are also doing very well these days, its all down to "planning", and "timing"  ;D

Don't tempt fate, you said similar about Spurs last season and look where they ended up ;)

As for Lee, he may well be a good addition here. A lot of very good coaches don't necessarily make good manager so his failure to do well at Bolton wouldn't worry me if Allardyce wanted to employ him here.

......... didn't say ANYWHERE that he may not be a "good coach".

I'm not tempting fate at all. It just underlines what I've said all along. This idea of planning being the be-all and end-all is a complete load of utter bollocks.

And our last board did a damn sight better than some people are able to see, or admit, and I know that you do not fall into THAT category

I know, it was just a general comment.

1. A better chairman than we had, as we had the only one who always got appointments wrong, the timing wrong, and ...

Whats more, there are plenty of other clubs too. Spurs are also doing very well these days, its all down to "planning", and "timing"  ;D

Don't tempt fate, you said similar about Spurs last season and look where they ended up ;)

As for Lee, he may well be a good addition here. A lot of very good coaches don't necessarily make good manager so his failure to do well at Bolton wouldn't worry me if Allardyce wanted to employ him here.

......... didn't say ANYWHERE that he may not be a "good coach".

I'm not tempting fate at all. It just underlines what I've said all along. This idea of planning being the be-all and end-all is a complete load of utter bollocks.

And our last board did a damn sight better than some people are able to see, or admit, and I know that you do not fall into THAT category

I know, it was just a general comment.

I edited it further. And thats my last word, until someone comes along and spouts nonsense.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8742_2805525,00.html

Challenge Jose: Take On Bolton...

Football365 is issuing a challenge to Jose Mourinho: Take this frankly awful Bolton side into the top eight of the Premier League this season. Then you can truly call yourself the Special One.

We know he can win titles when he is given an open chequebook - though he does have the tendency to buy really, really rubbish full-backs - but can he take a side featuring such luminaries as Andy O'Brien and Gerald Cid into Europe?

Can he motivate a team that has won just one Premier League game this season? Can he make Kevin Nolan the player he was two seasons ago? Can he stop Nic Anelka and El-Hadji Diouf eyeing the exit door?

If he can answer 'sim' to all of the above, he would gain the respect of every cynical football fan in England who still believes his success at Chelsea was more about money than managerial nous.

Imagine it...Mourinho and his coat standing on the touchline at Bolton, sliding along the turf when Kevin Davies heads the ball home from another Trotters set-piece.

Let's face it, they're all pretty familiar with Mourinho tactics already - Nolan's been rehearsing for the Frank Lampard role in a Jose formation for the past three years. The 'them v us' mentality fostered by Sam Allardyce would be lovingly nurtured by Mourinho. And this time he might actually have some justification for feeling picked upon.

Clearly a man with his ego struggled at a club where the powers-that-be really did have the ultimate power. At Bolton he would have no such problems - you really cannot imagine Phil Gartside insisting he signs the best players in the world or putting pressure on to produce scintillating football as well as success.

Surely that's got to be more interesting than going to Real Madrid or Inter Milan, where he'd be expected to produce titles and will face the sack if he fails to deliver. He's been there, done that and bought the trenchcoat.

At Bolton, he would have a season to get them back in the top half and the ultimate challenge of taking an unfashionable club from Lancashire into the Champions League. Possibly at the expense of Chelsea.

Wouldn't it be fantastic if he had the balls to take that challenge? Wouldn't it be far, far more interesting than the inevitable appointment of Paul Jewell, who will make Bolton better while doing nothing more interesting than poking his finger in the face of the odd referee?

Come on Jose, show us just how special you are...

Sarah Winterburn

the lack of appreciation of Bolton fans for what Sam did for them makes me smile a bit too. Although, I've nowt against them.

Seeing Chelsea and manure dive down the league a bit would be far better.

Tbf most people predicted Lee would fail as they did Souness. Bolton went with the cheap option as we did with Roeder although its no surprise for them as they have always been a cheap club who couldn't attract much better where as we.....

I don't know, perhaps you can dig them up and tell us how many?

We could have a sweepstake and all have a guess, I'll go first.

None.

None.

Tbh I did think the same myself when I read it.

Tbf most people predicted Lee would fail as they did Souness. Bolton went with the cheap option as we did with Roeder although its no surprise for them as they have always been a cheap club who couldn't attract much better where as we.....

no, you are re-writing history. Gartside was said by a few people to be superior to Shepherd, because he ran a good club with a good plan, didn't make panic buys, didn't make badly timed managerial appointments etc etc etc

None.

do we still have the old server  :coolsmiley:

no, you are re-writing history. Gartside was said by a few people to be superior to Shepherd, because he ran a good club with a good plan, didn't make panic buys, didn't make badly timed managerial appointments etc etc etc

Of course, see you can't actually back up your claims though.

I seem to remember "on the old server" you said Ramage would be the next John Terry, Souness was probably the greatest manager ever and Bellamy was a little Welsh twat who contributed fuck all to the team.

Wow thats a fun game.

You're making it up.

Gartside ran a tin pot football club and didn't give his manager any money to spend at all until they signed Diouf and Anelka, Did he even appoint Allardyce or was he there when he took over as chairman?

The posts go back until before we appointed Roeder if you want to dig them up.

i think a lot of people pointed to Allardyce's work behind the scenes as something Newcastle needed to copy. nothing to do with Gartside. now that Allardyce has left they're struggling as i think most neutral fans would've predicted. however appointing someone as obviously and laughably incompetant as Sammy Lee was the nail in the coffin. tbf to Gartside, at least he has gotten rid of Lee sooner rather than later, but it is alreayd at the stage where the next appointment is crucial in order to stave off relegation.

so your point is they've both made mistakes? i'd agree. that one fact doesnt mean the last regime was good for the club though, far from it. seems like you're just clutching at straws now,  and the way you jump on every bit of news possible and try to twist it into shepherds favour is becoming quite frankly, obsessive, he's gone man, move on, mrs shepherd.

The thing is, you can't jump on the first sign of things not going to plan at Bolton and use it as evidence that, actually, they're a bit of a mess after all.

Bolton have consistently massively overperformed for a while now. Newcastle (and, for that matter, quite a few other 'big' clubs) have massively underperformed for a long time.

Pointing out that Gartside fucked up in appointing Sammy Lee is fair enough, but the fact is they've been a very well run club for a long time now.

Guest Ridzuan

Well,Im not surprise at all.It was just a matter of time before this happens.Sammy Lee is a lousy manager who tried his best to be just like Big Sam,with his little speaker.For some reason,I think he looks very funny everytime he use it.I read somewhere today that Bolton is trying to get Chris Coleman back into the Premier League.I dont think it will happen,but I rather have Coleman in the league that Sammy.All the best Sammy,maybe you can try your luck at a lower division club.

So following on from the woefully inept performance of a manager promoted from the coaching staff which culminated in his early dismissal, Bolton have...

...appointed a coach to take charge until further notice.

A coach Lee appointed himself.