Sevilla's Antonio Puerta dies after collapsing on the pitch

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

Drago? alves?... hope whoever it is comes off ok. don't want another football death. :(

Spanish international Antonio Puerta.

Yeah i was watchin that game last night it was pretty scary....he just seemed to collapse and one of his team mates ran over and stuck his hands in the guys mouth to like stop his tongue from going back i'd guess....definately was unconscious....pretty shocking.

Hopefully he'll be fine he is a great player.

Maybe it's time to take a look at what Allardyce has done in training and see if it is possible to use heart monitors during games, I don't know if they could be used wi-fi to send data as it's monitoring but it would be good if they could.

Actually Mick it's not such a bad idea.

Here in Australia the AFL competition have been progressing streadily with it.

Here's a good artical about it.

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,21517049-15306,00.html

It's not allowed at the minute but I'm sure a new rule could be pushed through as every employer has a duty of care to all of it's employee's.  If we have the technology then it should be used if it can save lives, it would also keep the game going as that article also mentions what happens if somembody isn't doing enough work, they get a good bollocking.

Guest Geordiesned

It's not allowed at the minute but I'm sure a new rule could be pushed through as every employer has a duty of care to all of it's employee's.  If we have the technology then it should be used if it can save lives, it would also keep the game going as that article also mentions what happens if somembody isn't doing enough work, they get a good bollocking.

Just as well for that Billy Whitehurst that it wasn't around in his time. Lazy fucker.

Guest LondonMag

He had two heart attacks.the first was on the pitch.than Ivica Dragutinovic helped him before the medical staff came.he got treatment and it seems that he was OK,he walked to the dressing room.the second heart attack was in the dressing room.

Just as well for that Billy Whitehurst that it wasn't around in his time. Lazy fucker.

Bet you wouldn't say that to his face. :lol:

Yeah i was watchin that game last night it was pretty scary....he just seemed to collapse and one of his team mates ran over and stuck his hands in the guys mouth to like stop his tongue from going back i'd guess....definately was unconscious....pretty shocking.

Just seen the footage now.. Looks horrible. The commentator was talking about him having had another heart attack in the changing room, then a third in the hospital. He's apparently in coma now in the hospital. Hope he gets well, although you have to wonder if he will ever get back to his best on the football pitch..

Just seen the footage now.. Looks horrible. The commentator was talking about him having had another heart attack in the changing room, then a third in the hospital. He's apparently in coma now in the hospital. Hope he gets well, although you have to wonder if he will ever get back to his best on the football pitch..

Or if he will get out of hospital. :(

3 Heart attacks is serious business. Can't think why someone his age would be having them though? Unless he had a heart defect. As heart attacks are caused by blockages of the coronary arteries.

Sad news recently about footballers :(

Shit, you've just reminded me of the time he broke somebodies (Bracewell?) leg at St James', I will always remember that when I think of Whitehurst.