Habib Beye signs three year deal

JH

Guest Reservoir Mags

So while the deal is all over the papers, the official l'OM website even running a 'farewell'-interview with the player himself, Anal O. is saying that 'United will realise that Beye used them to get a better deal at Marseille' and advocates the club to go for Glen Johnson...

The great thing is that Oliver has became such a parody of himself that I'm no longer sure if you have made that up or he has actually said it!

Just read the article on icNewcastle.  He will look pretty stupid (again!) if Beye does sign but let's wait until that time before slagging him off completely.

Whether Faye will be joined by Marseille right-back Habib Beye remains to be seen.

United have trailed Beye for most of the summer but the Senegalese international was not too keen.

But now, with Stephen Carr and Peter Ramage picking up bad injuries, the deal could be back on.

Allardyce said: “There is interest but we don’t know whether Marseille want to sell him to us or not.”

United will realise that Beye used them to get a better deal at Marseille and if they have to come closer to home, Chelsea’s Glenn Johnson would be a useful acquisition.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=ashley-my-toon-delight%26method=full%26objectid=19708837%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

So while the deal is all over the papers, the official l'OM website even running a 'farewell'-interview with the player himself, Anal O. is saying that 'United will realise that Beye used them to get a better deal at Marseille' and advocates the club to go for Glen Johnson...

The great thing is that Oliver has became such a parody of himself that I'm no longer sure if you have made that up or he has actually said it!

Just read the article on icNewcastle.  He will look pretty stupid (again!) if Beye does sign but let's wait until that time before slagging him off completely.

Even if the deal is not coming off -  for whatever reason - it looks to me a rather lazy journalistic approach to completely ignore all the indications that at this moment do point to an imminent deal. What has Alan been doing all morning? It certainly wasn't research...

Guest BooBoo

Oliver is losing it i reckon. Last night, Marseilles president says "he's off to Newcastle", today Oliver writes "it remains to be seen whether Faye will be joined by Beye". Odd.

Guest Nasri.22

Hello English and supporter of Newcastle !

I am french and supporter of Olympique de Marseille !  :smitten:

I learnt the depart of Habib for Newcastle yesterday evening, I was sad, Habib is the best right lateral back of France, he is a very good player, he will bring you to your club a lot.

Excuse me for the quality of my language, I am french.  :celb:

I learnt the depart of Habib for Newcastle yesterday evening, I was sad, Habib is the best right lateral back of France, he is a very good player, he will bring you to your club a lot.

No excuse needed thanks for clarifying it, and welcome!

that's good to hear.. is he any good going forward?

Welcome to the board. O0

How do you think he rates against Sagna who signed for Arsenal?

Even if the deal is not coming off -  for whatever reason - it looks to me a rather lazy journalistic approach to completely ignore all the indications that at this moment do point to an imminent deal. What has Alan been doing all morning? It certainly wasn't research...

Well, certainly not "research" into the latest transfer gossip, anyway.  :laugh:

Welcome! Thanks for the great news! :)