Zoggy

Guest toonlass

Guest toonlass

When Enrique is finally played, I think the Zog(if played) will come into his own, and could be a very valuable member of the squad. He looks great going forward(if my memory from the season before last and what I have seen so far this pre and actually season are to be relied upon) but he is not a good defender. Come on Enrique, lets be 'aving you!(In the words of dear old Aunty Delia)

Guest firetotheworks

I think Zog is a confidence player. If Big Sam can keep his confidence up then we'll see some of that potential from 2 seasons ago being realised.

When Enrique is finally played, I think the Zog(if played) will come into his own, and could be a very valuable member of the squad. He looks great going forward(if my memory from the season before last and what I have seen so far this pre and actually season are to be relied upon) but he is not a good defender. Come on Enrique, lets be 'aving you!(In the words of dear old Aunty Delia)

Where is Ricky?

Where is Ricky?

Thats toe-curling  :kasper:

Where is Ricky?

Thats toe-curling   :kasper:

Not good for the circulation. bluerazz.gif

Zoggy is back to his best and it would be interesting to see if Sam keeps his 4-3-3, Zoggy on either the left-side of the attacking three, or on the left of the CM's. He's never really convinced anywhere in the middle but as long as he keeps up this form Big Sam will have to fit him in somewhere!  O0

Zoggy is happy and you can tell the difference eit makes to his game when he has a smile on his mush..

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1100167,00.html

N'Zogbia Exclusive: I'm Loving Life At Toon

By Craig Hope

CHARLES N'Zogbia says he is loving life at Newcastle United after firing his second goal of the season in Sunday's Tyne-Tees derby.

The French star has been in red hot form in the opening games of the new campaign and has arguably been the Magpies star performer as they remain unbeaten after three matches.

And, as N'Zogbia told Newcastle World TV in an exclusive interview after the game, he is more than happy to play in the new defensive role asked of him by Big Sam.

"It's a new position for me because usually I play left-midfield or in the centre but the manager has asked me to play left-back," said the 21-year-old.

"Last year was not a good year for me and if I play at the back it's not a problem because I am happy to play and be on the pitch."

N'Zogbia opened the scoring against Boro with a delightful, right-footed curler which found its way into Mark Schwarzer's top corner, and the former Le Harve youngster has set his sights on more goals in black and white colours.

"I've tried to take my chance and I'm happy it's gone in with my right-foot, hopefully I can continue to do more and to score more goals," he added.

"It was disappointing to lose the lead so soon after scoring both our goals and that was not good for us.

"We have to win games like that when we have the lead and it was disappointing not to get the three points.

"But we are unbeaten so far and that is good because it gives you confidence for the next game."

And N'Zogbia, who had been the subject of speculation linking him with a move away from Gallowgate during the summer, went on to state his happiness with life on Tyneside.

"I'm enjoying it in Newcastle. My friends are here and my sister and girlfriend are here and Newcastle is a great city and I'm very happy."

Have to say he was rubbish at left back yesterday, but showed his worth when he got in the opposition half and scored a screamer and a put in a great cross for Viduka.

In a way his strength was his weakness playing in that position. He isn't afraid to lose the ball time and time again trying to make things happen, and he got his reward when he took a chance and scored, and whipped in that cross which so nearly led to another goal. Obviously at left back you can't be trying to skin people in your own half all the time, he did it at Villa and did it yesterday and he'll be a liability playing there if he keeps that up. He can't be giving the ball away so much wherever he plays, but he does need license to express himself because he's shown what he can do. He still has a lot to learn in getting the balance right, he's still a bit of a rough diamond for me. His confidence is back, but he's got away with some shocking mistakes at left back this season which, if they proved costly, would have led to a lot of criticism. Ideally that will be his last game there with Enrique coming into the fold on wednesday.

N'Zogbia should get his game

Geremi was shite against villa and boro, butt was shit against boro along with smith

if enrique plays at left back then n'zogbia should be ahead of geremi butt smith for midfield at the minute

N'Zogbia should get his game

Geremi was shite against villa and boro, butt was shit against boro along with smith

if enrique plays at left back then n'zogbia should be ahead of geremi butt smith for midfield at the minute

Not a bad shout. We really need a player who can carry the ball further than a few steps in midfield, Zog would do well there.

Butt ----- Geremi

------Zog------

As the midfield 3 looks good to me.

agree with eldiablo

smith is an attacking type of player but doesnt go forward from midfield

butt and geremi do the same defensive job but smith also does it for some reason

we need to be more attacking to put the oppositions defence under attack

Would basically never play Smith unless I see a vast improvement. Has been fucking hopeless so far.

Unfortunately looking like the player I thought we were wasting £6m on. Don't see what he really adds to the midfield but heres hoping I am proved wrong. At the moment I would only want to see him as a striker and even then he would probably be 4th choice.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Where is Smith's strongest position ? He doesn't score enough for a striker and he hasn't really done much in midfield.

Where is Smith's strongest position ? He doesn't score enough for a striker and he hasn't really done much in midfield.

Could probably do a job at right-back.

Guest teepee

have you noticed that he's also started smiling a bit again

i really like the zog and honestly think he will become truly great for us

Looks like we've dodged a bullet two years in a row, first Milner now N'Zogbia. Both almost sold for a pittance.

N'Zogbia can be a true star in my opinion, really want to see him get a game on the left of the 4-3-3 up front.

Guest BooBoo

Would basically never play Smith unless I see a vast improvement. Has been f****** hopeless so far.

To be fair, Smith played well at Bolton.

zoggy is one of our best players, true quality, and is a player I would not sell full stop.

Guest optimistic nit

i dont want us to start over hyping the player mind, he's no better than a top 10 midfilder at the minute from what we've seen, and he's going to have to put in the effort, and get the coaching in order to improve into a star premierleague player, which i think he can do. We have a top 10 midfielder who could become much better, but may fall down the wayside. he not a star yet.