How to ruin the best summer in a long, long time.

NSG

My mate used to be Harry the Hatter (I think thats what their Mascot is called) at Luton :lol:

Doesn't look like a fun job to me, suppose get to watch the match for nowt but I would imagine you would sweat like a bastard in there.

My mate used to be Harry the Hatter (I think thats what their Mascot is called) at Luton :lol:

Top claim to fame, Jon.  :lol:

Always mixing it with the stars me, we always got in VIP around Luton if he wore the costume :razz:

I've been to a few Hertha matches in Berlin. Their crap mascot is a bear called Herthinho and the crowd in the Gallowgate equivalent hate the thing.

One time some of them shouted and beckoned it over and, briefly lulled into believing they were friendly, the bear approached the stand only to be pelted with hundreds of snowballs. The bear didn't reappear in the second half. Another time I saw half the crowd chanting "Bär du Votze! Bär du Votze!" ("Bear you're a cunt!") while the mascot dickered nervously down the other end.

Most amusing.

I laughed out loud at this.

Top post.

There's also the story of Cyril the Swan, Swansea mascot, invading the pitch years ago.

The authorities tried to punish the individual responsible, but no one would admit who had been inside the costume, so they ended up banning Cyril the Swan itself.

Guest Joakim

Mascots are not very welcome among norwegian Rosenborg supporters either. In the early 90's the club had a mascot called Putte. But it disappeared during the late 90's. In 2005 Rosenborg introduced a new mascot. The reception among the fans weren't the best. A guy on the rbkweb-forum suggested one should throw rocks at it. Rosenborg hardly won a home game the first few months after the new mascot was introduced. Now he lines up with the players before the match, and walks around waving at the kids on the terraces at half time. Too bad no-one ever threw rocks on it.

Oh fucking hell.  I only said to someone the other week I was worried they'd bring back Monty.  I wonder if Maggie will make her return so they can continue the hillarious Benny Hill/Carry On sexual slapstick routine they used to do.

My favourite halftime entertainment at away games is ripping the piss out of the poor sweaty oik in the lion costume, it's not going to be the same if we've got one again.