Line up and score prediction vs Wigan

STM

Looking forward to this game and Sam is forced to make a desicion regarding the defence, after Carrs injury and the return of Cacapa and Enrique. Would like to see Owen start but feel Allardyce will stick with 433, therefore leave him out.

Team i would pick:

Given

Taylor        Cacapa        Rozehnal      Enrique

Butt

Geremi

Milner                                              N'Zogbia

Martins

Owen

Team i expect:

Given

Taylor       Cacapa        Rozehnal     N'Zogbia

Butt

Geremi               Smith

Martins            Viduka             Milner

Prediction: 2-0

100% agree.

Viduka has been crap so far, i'd bring shola on before him.

Guest LucasUnger

i would go for:

given or harps don't know how fit shay is.

geremi roz cacapa enriqze

milner smith zog

martins shola owen

I wouldn't be surprised to see Faye in a starting lineup battling with Sibierski and Heskey. What a striking partnership that is ;D

MY TEAM

GK Given

RB Taylor

CB Roz

CB Capaca

LB Enrique

RCM Solano

CM Geremi

LCM milner

AM N'Zogbia

CF Martins

CF Viduka

subs

Butt,Emre,Smith,Owen,Harper

Sams team,

GK GIVEN

RB Taylor

CB ROZ

CB CAPACA

LB NZOGBIA

CM GEREMI

CM BUTT

CM SMITH

RS MARTINS

CF VIDUKA

LS MILNER

SUBS,

Enrique,Solano/Emre,Owen,Ameobi,Harper.

Predection 2-0 to us!

I think Allardyce is going to play a 4-4-2.

......................Given

Taylor...Rozenhal...Cacapa...N'Zogbia

....Smith...Geremi...Butt...Milner

...............Viduka...Owen

With that midfield, any goals we get will be by pure chance.

Edit: I know it's not what you're advocating though.

I think Allardyce is going to play a 4-4-2.

......................Given

Taylor...Rozenhal...Cacapa...N'Zogbia

....Smith...Geremi...Butt...Milner

...............Viduka...Owen

With that midfield, any goals we get will be by pure chance.

That's what I think Allardyce will go with btw, not what I'd pick.

EDIT - Just seen your edit. O0

Please can we not have Zoggy stuck at left back Sam, apart from Milner he's been the only spark that's made us look like creating a chance recently.  Just have someone man-mark Sib and don't bother having a left back and we should be fine, Wigan are shite anyway.

I'm not convinced Viduka will play. Think he might continue his rest so that he'll have a good three weeks.

It'll be nice to see an Owen/Martins partnership as long as we're not firing long balls up at them.

I'm not convinced Viduka will play. Think he might continue his rest so that he'll have a good three weeks.

Good idea, looks tired and it's as good a time as any to give Ameobi a chance to sho' that he's back and ready to compete for a spot in the team.

We need N'Zogbia back in midfield, but I think this will be a game to soon for Enrique after getting his debut on Wednesday.

Good idea, looks tired and it's as good a time as any to give Ameobi a chance to sho' that he's back and ready to compete for a spot in the team.

We need N'Zogbia back in midfield, but I think this will be a game to soon for Enrique after getting his debut on Wednesday.

tbh.. he should really be able to cope with wigan, we're easing him in too slowly for my taste- he's not injured. perfect time to throw him in; we need zoggy outfield as this is a must-win game imo

shola SHOULD start but won't. he needs to push that fat aussie all the way becasue what i've seen of the season so far ameobi has improved and viduka is the incredible blob. a target to aim at not much more

i think sam will stick with shola (or viduka) and owen, simply because owens ready to start now, and viduka and shola have good pysical presence which is what we need

they played well together, and owen and martins are not pysical enough for my likeing against bramble, bramble would knock them both over hes strong..even if the timing of his challenge aint so great

given

solano,cacapa,rozenhal,enrique

milner,geremi,butt(or smith somewhere in the midfield),zog

shola(or viduka), owen

442 at home, two natural wide players, two strong center halfs, seems a good setup

of course sam could pick a differnt formation and the team would be alot different from what i think

aslong as given is fit, he will play.... and if cacapa is ready to start again, i cant see a reason he'd pick taylor over him... i dont think taylor will play RB, its not FM guys where u can stick players whereever, i know he used to play RB to get expierence in desperate times, but wont happen again

I have a feeling that we will get a convincing win by 3 goals or more. And have a great game.

I say 4-0

Owen 2 Zoggy 1 and Viduka 1..

I had a feeling about the Villa game that it could end up in a stalemate...Hope im right this time ;)

Guest optimistic nit

Looking forward to this game and Sam is forced to make a desicion regarding the defence, after Carrs injury and the return of Cacapa and Enrique. Would like to see Owen start but feel Allardyce will stick with 433, therefore leave him out.

Team i would pick:

Given

Taylor        Cacapa        Rozehnal      Enrique

Butt

Geremi

Milner                                              N'Zogbia

Martins

Owen

Team i expect:

Given

Taylor       Cacapa        Rozehnal     N'Zogbia

Butt

Geremi               Smith

Martins            Viduka             Milner

Prediction: 2-0

100% agree.

Viduka has been crap so far, i'd bring shola on before him.

fucking hell we have some knee jerkers here. I'd remind yourself of some of shola's performances in the PL before you start saying stuff like that.

I wouldn't start Owen in the PL until he shows us he's capable of scoring goals, which may be a while.