Line up and score prediction vs Wigan

STM

the only reason owen would start is cause he was a proven goalscorer at the top level, something shola isnt,

if he never starts, how will he get the chance to be a proven goalscorer again? surly he wont get in form or on the goal trails coming off the bench every week

*its like saying "i wouldnt start luque till hes shown us he can score goals".......... he cant score goals on the bench

*ps i know hes now left, but it was just a example

Guest optimistic nit

sort of a catch 22, unless you want him to only start cup matches.

aye thats what i was implying. He can come on in the second half until he manages to score some goals, or at least show the potential to do that.

the only reason owen would start is cause he was a proven goalscorer at the top level, something shola isnt,

if he never starts, how will he get the chance to be a proven goalscorer again? surly he wont get in form or on the goal trails coming off the bench every week

*its like saying "i wouldnt start luque till hes shown us he can score goals".......... he cant score goals on the bench

he can start in cup competitions, and come off the bench. I've seen nowt so far to suggest he's anything like match fit, and until he starts to perform on the pitch i wouldn't start him.

aye thats what i was implying. He can come on in the second half until he manages to score some goals, or at least show the potential to do that.

didnt he kind of do that against barnsley? he scored, plus looked threatening

he did, and if he does it in a couple more games then he can start.

didnt he kind of do that against barnsley? he scored, plus looked threatening

Harper - played well so far, doesn't deserve for Given to come straight back in

Solano - ahead of Taylor - feel Wigan may pack the mid/def and an attacking full back gives options

Roz

Cacapa

Enrique

Milner

Smith - See Solano, cant see a need for Butt in this one

Geremi

Zog

Martins

Owen - Think Dukes needs a rest and may be more effective as a late battering ram in this one

Shola

Dukes

Taylor

Emre/Butt - depending on Emre's fitness

Given

early goal and I think we'll go on and get a 3-0.

If we don't score by half time it could be a nil-nil or a scappy one-nil

Guest teepee

i'd let taylor start, mainly because he is our strongest defender, and will be able to keep heskey silent.

and the enrique situation i'm no too sure about, if he is fit enough i'd definately start him, if not give the zog another run out as left back.

given

geremi

taylor

cacapa

enrique

milner

butt

smith

zoggy

viduka

martins

if enrique isn't ready i'd shift zoggy to left back and bring milner left and nobby in on the right side.

at half time we should substitute the worst of viduka and martins for owen. what a strikeforce btw!

Guest jimmy1982

I think he'll go:

Harper

Taylor Cacapa Roz Zog

Geremi Butt Smith

Martins Viduka Milner

subs Enrique Solano Given Owen Ameobi

I expect that as well.

Doubt we'll see much free-flowing football with this line up for now, but should hopefully be enough to do a job on Wigan. Hope the crowd shows patience if the midfield are struggling to create much for the strikers. With this formation at the minute it looks like we are trying to make sure Wigan don't get a sniff of our goal, and hoping for a bit of class from Vid or Martins to win 1 or 2 nil, with Zogs and Milner hopefully causing some problems with their running.

Doubt we'll see us starting with 442 til Barton gets back and Enrique has shown he's ready, and maybe not even then.

Looking forward to this game and Sam is forced to make a desicion regarding the defence, after Carrs injury and the return of Cacapa and Enrique. Would like to see Owen start but feel Allardyce will stick with 433, therefore leave him out.

Team i would pick:

Given

Taylor        Cacapa        Rozehnal      Enrique

Butt

Geremi

Milner                                              N'Zogbia

Martins

Owen

Team i expect:

Given

Taylor       Cacapa        Rozehnal     N'Zogbia

Butt

Geremi               Smith

Martins            Viduka             Milner

Prediction: 2-0

100% agree.

Viduka has been crap so far, i'd bring shola on before him.

f****** hell we have some knee jerkers here. I'd remind yourself of some of shola's performances in the PL before you start saying stuff like that.

I wouldn't start Owen in the PL until he shows us he's capable of scoring goals, which may be a while.

Viduka has been very very poor so far imo.he scored one addmittedly good goal but other than that has contributed nothing and not even looked half dangerous as he's been completly dominated by his markers. Shola would have scored/contributed more imo.

Martins has to play and im 50/50 if its with shola or Owen.

Seeing as Titus may play then start with Owen and Martins, Toon to win 4-0..

-----------------Given

Taylor---Cacapa---Roze---Enrique

Milner--Geremi----Emre----Zoggy

---------Martins-----Owen

BECNH

Harper

Hunty

Butt

Smith

Viduka

Emre's injured and Viduka was rested on Wednesday specifically so he could play against Wigan...

It's a bloody difficult prediction, this one, far moreso than it has been for a long time - I'll take a risky stab at for what I'd like to see:

Given

Geremi    Caçapa    Rozehnal    N'Zogbia

Smith  Butt  Milner

Owen  Viduka  Martins

Bench: Harper, Enrique, Taylor, Solano and Ameobi.

I think Allardyce will go for this, though:

Given

Taylor    Caçapa    Rozehnal    Enrique

Milner      Geremi      Butt      N'Zogbia

Viduka    Martins

Bench: Harper, Edgar, Smith, Owen and Ameobi.

Score: 2-1

I think he'll go:

.......Given

Tayl Roz Cac Zog

....Ger But Smi

Miln.............Mart

..........Vid

I'd like him to go:

..........Given

Taylor Cac Roz Enrique

....Geremi Butt Zog

Martins...........Milner