Best of the summer signings

McCormick
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

at this moment in time: Roz

Hasn't really put a foot wrong and from what reports say about him is very composed and cool whilst on the ball...Makes a change from our "lump it" Cb's we've had very recently.

Bit early yet, but i'd go for Cacapa.

Weve seen this before at NUFC, good looking signings, impress early on, then fade...

It will be interesting to see what our opinions of these guys are at Xmas, and the end of the season.

Personally the only signing im not that impressed by is Smith.

Bit early to say, but i think that Cacapa could have the same affect on nufc that Woodgate did. Also, i think Barton could turn out to be a very very good signing, i think he's the type of player who struggles to have a quiet game, which i like, sort of a poorm mans Keane. My only tiny concern with the transfers at the moment is the lack of any real attacking players. Which to me suggests that SA is keen to play the kind of football which grind out 1-0 wins, which isnt a problem but isn't exactly the most inspiring!! To me there isn't enough balance in the squad, it just seems very defensivly heavy.

Too early to say!Id say one of the defenders since our defence has being so poor every season I can think of and already seems like the defenders Sam has brought well change that!i picked Roz because hes being awesome so far!But I reckon when Barton comes back from injury he will be key player for us.

Barton I reckon, or Enrique.

Both have the ability (though I'm basing my opinion of Enrique on what others have told me) to be a fixture in a succesful side for years to come, not sure anyone else really does.

Too early to say!Id say one of the defenders since our defence has being so poor every season I can think of and already seems like the defenders Sam has brought well change that!i picked Roz because hes being awesome so far!But I reckon when Barton comes back from injury he will be key player for us.

thats why i programmed it (and by programmed,  i mean tick the appropriate box)  so that you can change your vote if someone is doing very well :coolsmiley:

I have high hopes for Barton.

So do I, I'm hoping he's going to be the link up man between midfield and attack we've been missing so far this season, he's someone who'll grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag the team forward.

Anyone know when he's supposed to be back?

I have high hopes for Barton.

So do I, I'm hoping he's going to be the link up man between midfield and attack we've been missing so far this season, he's someone who'll grab the game by the scruff of the neck and drag the team forward.

Anyone know when he's supposed to be back?

Physioroom has him down for mid-September, but I don't believe that for a second. He's been out six weeks to date.

Hopefully if he seals a regular starting place, it should be Cacapa, but I'm also generally impressed with the calibre of most of the signings made over this summer (like NSG said earlier - all good in their own way). :)

Aston Villa signed Davies for £9m, and we got Cacapa, Rozehnal, Enrique, Beye (If that deal goes through) for around £10m

Talk about value for money there....im VERY impressed with BS dealing, even if it's quite early in the season still..

Sorry but where is the big Sam option?

He's easily the best summer signing we've had in years let alone this year.

And I have to say credit where credit is due it appears fat Freddy Shepherd got it right, twice this summer, thank you fat man, thank you.