Bentley and Young... and Heskey in the England squad - oh and Lescott

Dave

Good news IMO. :thup:

That Ashley Young is a good player, he's a player I would like us to have got first

I admit I thought they'd paid well over the odds when they signed him, but he's looking impressive.

That Ashley Young is a good player, he's a player I would like us to have got first

I admit I thought they'd paid well over the odds when they signed him, but he's looking impressive.

never saw our game against Watford last season, but when we played Villa I liked him and he seems to be getting better, I like his pace, he can run to the byline and cross from both sides [great talent, massively underestimated by people] and gets into the box to score a goal or two as well. I wish we had bought him, he's a great spot by O'Neill

Bit disappointed with Walcott not being there, i think he deserves it, he has played well this season so far and his game eally has developed, especially physically and he has that final ball more so than before and he also goes past his man more.  :rant:

No way does Walcott deserve to be in the England squad and thats not just because he's a goon,

Agreed.

never saw our game against Watford last season, but when we played Villa I liked him and he seems to be getting better, I like his pace, he can run to the byline and cross from both sides [great talent, massively underestimated by people] and gets into the box to score a goal or two as well. I wish we had bought him, he's a great spot by O'Neill

Can't really call him a "great spot" he was being hyped by most and cost just under £10m!

Guest kingdawson

Bentley should not be in the England squad.

Big time charlie who thinks the U21's is beneath him.

I agree and also what the hell??Milner has performed way more consitently than him for newcastle and england u-21s

Youve got to be joking?

Bentley should not be in the England squad.

Big time charlie who thinks the U21's is beneath him.

Eh? When a player shows commitment to his country (Owen), he gets slated for not caring about the club. Now when a player cares about his condition because he wants to perform well for his club, he gets slated as well. Baffling.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=18418.msg342156#msg342156

O0

:idiot2:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/6974969.stm

England coach Steve McClaren has called Wigan forward Emile Heskey into his squad for the Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Russia.

The Wigan striker won the last of his 43 caps against France at Euro 2004.

McClaren watched the 29-year-old in action for Wigan at Newcastle on Saturday and subsequently requested his release from the Latics.

"I think he deserves to be recalled. We need his experience at this time," said McClaren on the FA's website.

"Emile is a player with a lot international experience and has played many times with Michael Owen in the past.

"He's been in good form for Wigan this season, he played very well against Sunderland and I saw him play well against Newcastle.

"While he has been out of the squad for a few years, I've spoken with [Wigan boss] Chris Hutchings who has been hugely impressed with him."

Peter Crouch is suspended for Saturday's encounter with Israel at Wembley, while Wayne Rooney has been sidelined with a broken bone in his foot.

Heskey has scored just five times in his 43 appearances at international level, but has been tipped for a recall after some powerful Premier League displays this season.

And McClaren was keen to bring in some muscle up front after watching Owen impress when partnered with Mark Viduka and Shola Ameobi for Newcastle.

The coach's other striking options for the game against Israel are Tottenham's Jermain Defoe, Andrew Johnson of Everton and Newcastle's Alan Smith - although there have been suggestions that winger Joe Cole could be used in a more attacking role.

:crazy2:

I can't see the problem with Heskey being in there tbh, he's proven in the past that he's a good partner for Owen.

The fact that he is the striker embodiment of Titus Bramble? 3 goals in 43 caps so far isnt it?

Guest Ridzuan

Didnt expect Huskey to be selected at all.If it was because of yesterdays performance,then Steve McClaren must be mad.Even so,his previous performance doesnt show that he deserve to be included in the squad.It must be a desperate move from Steve,but with Owen getting on the scoresheet again,he shouldnt need to worry much.

I can't see the problem with Heskey being in there tbh, he's proven in the past that he's a good partner for Owen.

The fact that he is the striker embodiment of Titus Bramble? 3 goals in 43 caps so far isnt it?

Rooney's hardly a regular scorer for England since Euro 2004 but he brings alot to the team.

The Heskey and Owen partnership is proven at both club level and in Internationals that they've played, just because the bloke doesn't score loads doesn't mean he shouldn't get a squad place if he can get the best out of Michael Owen again, it's only while Crouch and Rooney are out anyway.

Other options being...

Owen and Smith

Owen and Bent

Owen and Johnson

Owen and Defoe

Rooney's hardly a regular scorer for England since Euro 2004 but he brings alot to the team.

The Heskey and Owen partnership is proven at both club level and in Internationals that they've played, just because the bloke doesn't score loads doesn't mean he shouldn't get a squad place if he can get the best out of Michael Owen again, it's only while Crouch and Rooney are out anyway.

Other options being...

Owen and Smith

Owen and Bent

Owen and Johnson

Owen and Defoe

Wow the english strikerforce is s***.

We need some Dean Ashton in there!!!  :clap2: