Today. Will people be happy with just getting a win?

Parky

No way we'd have scored had I been there. Or created any of those chances for that matter. :lol:

Was much more confident that the goal would come eventually today than in previous seasons, the team mentality seems to already be much stronger.

Ironically enough, I gave up with about 5 minutes to go and thought we weren't going to do it.

No way we'd have scored had I been there. Or created any of those chances for that matter. :lol:

Was much more confident that the goal would come eventually today than in previous seasons, the team mentality seems to already be much stronger.

Ironically enough, I gave up with about 5 minutes to go and thought we weren't going to do it.

The curse has been removed from Dave :(

The curse has been removed from Dave :(

:(

Just me and Bluf now.

I'm pleased that:

(a) after what has undoubtedly been a very difficult week with many people casting aspersions about his abilities, and many fellow posters publicly ridiculing him for being so way off the mark Parky pulled a real result out the hat today in predicting it would be a difficult and very hard-fought narrow win. His chakra remains in full balance and he is properly vindicated.

:)

(b) Great to see Ickle Micky breaking what was starting to look like a real home hoodoo (for him personally and for the team)

We'll obviously be expecting the goals to FLOOD in against Derby - but I suspect we'll not be having a goalfest like Liverpool's today against the Rams. All the same, bearing in mind what I heard about the performance (one of persistence, resilience and determination) things are looking up.

Anyone expecting the goals to flood in against Derby needs a beating tbh, we're not Liverpool and it's an away game.

I'd take a 1-0 and be absolutely thrilled to bits with it.

So would I. But it won't stop some people being disappointed and moaning like fuckery.

Anyone expecting the goals to flood in against Derby needs a beating tbh, we're not Liverpool and it's an away game.

I'd take a 1-0 and be absolutely thrilled to bits with it.

So would I. But it won't stop some people being disappointed and moaning like fuckery.

True enough, though in all honesty I'd have been very disappointed had we drawn 0-0, though having so many chances would have been some consolation.

Away games are a different proposition though, I'm much more confident we have a bit of sack about us this year and we should be able to win.

Won't be easy though.

I'd be happy with a draw at derby.  I hope that we go for a win, but i think 5 games in, 9 pts, unbeaten (including 3 away games) is good.  I know we've not played any of the big boys, but for us it doesnt seem to matter away, we'll lose to any of them.

My aim is to win at home and draw away.

Guest WalkervilleMag

was beye in the crowd today?

He got introduced.

when did he get introduced, must of been at half time  when i was at the bog, as i found it strange that Faye was only introduced before the game, when he said they were introducing both of them. thought he had done a runner or something lol

He got introduced.

when did he get introduced, must of been at half time  when i was at the bog, as i found it strange that Faye was only introduced before the game, when he said they were introducing both of them. thought he had done a runner or something lol

Beye was introduced before, faye wasnt at all

Guest WalkervilleMag

He got introduced.

when did he get introduced, must of been at half time when i was at the bog, as i found it strange that Faye was only introduced before the game, when he said they were introducing both of them. thought he had done a runner or something lol

Beye was introduced before, faye wasnt at all

Bloody tannoy system. cannot make head nor tail what comes out of that thing

Beye was introduced before kickoff. Not sure if Faye was introduced at all today.

Faye is back at Bolton sorting out his affairs. I guess he's been holed up in a Newcastle hotel for quite a few days now.

We had a good first half which I'd put down to Wigan coming with a 4-4-2 formation and trying to make a game of it to their credit, when Kilbane got sent off and they replaced Sibi so that they could shut up shop and we looked like we did against Villa for parts of the second half after that.

No movement in midfield and a lot of balls played around at the back because there was no outlet, still needs working on.

"I am hoping when the players that weren't available get fit, we will be a bigger force than we are now.

"I've torn the place apart in three months. The players are buying me time with being unbeaten, but we are not at our best yet.

"But we have kept undefeated - and we can only get better from here."

:nods:

"I am hoping when the players that weren't available get fit, we will be a bigger force than we are now.

"I've torn the place apart in three months. The players are buying me time with being unbeaten, but we are not at our best yet.

"But we have kept undefeated - and we can only get better from here."

:nods:

Fair play to the bloke for that, I found his comments after the Villa game disappointing when he said we played well so at least it appears he can acknowledge we're not playing that well yet.

As he says though we're still unbeaten.