Backroom Staff

Dragon55544

I havent seen a thread on it so i thought i'd start one.

Doesnt anyone know how big our backroom staff is?

There hasnt been much news about new personnel but against Boro Mark Taylor was our medic who came onto the pitch when a player got injured. I didnt even know we had got him yet, When he did come on im sure the commentary said he was just 1 of a number of Boton staff who made the journey to the N.East. Did anyone else hear that?

I'd imagine the NUFC Squad Picture 2007/08 will be with us very shortly and will answer this better than most on here could.

Personally, I'm not sure. I think a lot of this sort of stuff has been kept well under wraps by Bolton and ourselves for whatever reason.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The Guardian ran a piece a couple of weeks ago saying Mike Forde was going to chelsea. Does anyone know what happened or id he still working his notice at bolton?

Apparantly hes had offers flooding in!

Guest michaelfoster

Manager - Sam Allardyce

Assistant - Nigel Pearson

First Team Coach - Steve Round

Coach - Terry McDermott

Reserve Team Coach - Lee Clark

Goalkeeper Coach - Terry Gennoe

Fitness Coach - Adrian Lamb

Academy Director - Joe Joyce

Youth Coach - Peter Beardsley

Youth Coach - Kenny Wharton

Youth Goalkeeper Coach - Adam Saddler

Youth Fitness Coach - TBC

Physio - Derek Wright

Physio - Mark Taylor

Academy Physio - Kev Bell

Head Scout - TBC

Roddy Macdonald has left for Aston Villa as Physio. Steve Round joined the club as First Team Coach. I think David Mills has left as Head Scout too as he is no longer listed on nufc.com as Head Scout. Mike Forde was going to join us but joined Chelsea instead.

Guest michaelfoster

who is it that warms the team up b4 the game???

Probably Adrian Lamb the fitness coach. He was youth fitness coach but got promoted to first team fitness coach when Paul Winsper left iirc

We have 3 first team Coachs, thats it?

The way I see it: Sam, Round, Pearson, Terry Mac (I know), Terry Gennoe + Adrian Lamb

Add geordie boy Lee Clark to that list as well. (yes yes he's reserve coach as in runs the game at games but they train as a senior and academy squad.

Mark Taylor (previously Head of Sports Science and Medicine at Bolton) is now with us. That was the guy with the headset who ran on with Derek Wright during the Boro game. 

• 2 weeks later...
People Sport can reveal that the key man in his recovery, and Newcastle's similarly dramatic turnaround this season, has been pinpointed as Dr Mark Nesti, a top clinical psychologist.

Nesti, who is seen as groundbreaking in his field, was one of the first signings Allardyce made when he took over at St James' Park in May.

"Not so many teams in this country use psychologists as regularly as I do but we have Dr Mark Nesti, who is a clinical psychologist," revealed Allardyce.

"He is not a sports psychologist, he is miles better. He is one of the best. Dr Nesti is one of the most qualified men I have ever met.

"He is a magic guy at what he does. This country has a far too negative viewon psychology, it really does. We fall way behind a lot of countries in that respect - not me of course, because I've been doing it for years.

"It is a very big part of football because what goes on between the ears is what makes you as good as you can be.

"He is a key member of my staff who makes us as good as we are.''

First team Manager: Sam Allardyce

Assistant Manager: Nigel Pearson

First Team Coach: Steve Round

Coach: Terry McDermott

Coach / Reserve Team Manager: Lee Clark

Academy Director: Joe Joyce

Youth Coach: Kenny Wharton

Youth Coach: Peter Beardsley

GK Coach: Terry Gennoe

Youth GK Coach: Adam Sadler

Physiotherapist: Derek Wright