Where the hell is Babayaro?

Guest black

Guest sombrero

is it just me or is it not a bad thing that we have a smaller squda than last year?,

net movement of pplayers is 3 out. im not doubting the excellent talent we aquired especially on the last day of the transfer window, but but are three less than last year, and last year injuroes killd us, r we in a better position this year because big sam wil limit injuris and replacements are competent or am i atualy right in sensing we need to pray for no injuries?

Guest Ridzuan

I think he is still out injured too but to be honest right now,I dont really care when he is because he is not needed anymore unless N'Zogbia or Enrique got injured.

is it just me or is it not a bad thing that we have a smaller squda than last year?,

net movement of pplayers is 3 out. im not doubting the excellent talent we aquired especially on the last day of the transfer window, but but are three less than last year, and last year injuroes killd us, r we in a better position this year because big sam wil limit injuris and replacements are competent or am i atualy right in sensing we need to pray for no injuries?

Sorry can someone please translate this to english for me so I can read it?

i'm just immensely miffed tha twe are paying him silly money to sit on his fat arse. that aside i don't care about him. i'd have enrique and zoggy ahead of him anyday. possibly also carr and edgar

Baba is on our books until June 2009.

A compelling case for performance related pay I would say.  He has no incentive to shift his fat arse off the massage table, he must know he has little chance of getting a game anymore

Remember this?  :laugh:

I'm not leaving, insists defender

Jun 29 2007

By Paul Gilder, The Journal

Celestine Babayaro last night warned he will not be forced out of St James's Park and insisted he still has much to offer as a Premier League player.

Newcastle officials are attempting to sell the underemployed African after Sam Allardyce decided he does not figure in his plans, but Babayaro has claimed he has not been told as much and is poised to return to the North-East for pre-season training next week.

Although Sporting Lisbon have expressed an interest, the Portuguese club have yet to table an offer to land the left-back on a permanent basis following an unsuccessful loan bid. United remain keen to find a buyer, although Babayaro is adamant he is going nowhere.

Allardyce is attempting to recruit a reliable player to fill a position that has proved problematic ever since Olivier Bernard left the club for the first time two-and-a-half years ago. But the Nigerian international is not concerned.

"I know what I'm capable of doing and the coach (Allardyce) has not told me I'm surplus to requirements so I've no fears of losing out at Newcastle," insisted a player who has indicated a determination to remain in the North-East and fight for his place.

"If injuries don't come my way in the new season, the Premier League will see a new Celestine Babayaro.

"At Chelsea, I went through four managers who came with new players and I still held onto my position so I don't see why I should worry about the coming of a new manager to Newcastle or the coming of new players."

Babayaro has started 45 Premier League fixtures since Graeme Souness brought him from Stamford Bridge in January 2005 and United officials have instructed his representatives to find him alternative employment.

:lol:

Guest Hodgson09

Shocking we have him for another 2 years almost. Every player Souness signed were on ridiculously long contracts, and were mostly crap.

Terrible manager.

Shocking we have him for another 2 years almost. Every player Souness signed were on ridiculously long contracts, and were mostly crap.

Terrible manager.

Souness was awful and i hate the bastard, but the man who handed out the contracts at SJP was Shepherd and he is responsible for the length of Babayaro's contract and his weekly wage.

Guest elbee909

"If injuries don't come my way in the new season, the Premier League will see a new Celestine Babayaro.

He's the new Winston Bogarde.

Baba and Carr are the final two wasters, still leaching off the club. The fact Sam has signed Beye and Enrique suggests he'll look to ship them out when some backup is found. Personally I can't wait, they're a symbol of where we've gone wrong in recent years.

Dont see Carr in the same way I see Baba, atleast he tries and did not look that bad so far this season.

Have you actually seen Carr played (when he has)?? He's been NOT TOO SHITE. Thats the best we can say.

If anyone thinks Carr is good enough to even act as cover for us, they must see us as a sub-top 10 side.