Where the hell is Babayaro?

Guest black

drug scandal anyone?!??

Well it certainly wont be performing enhancing.

You can't say that, anything that gets him off his arse could be classified as performance enhancing.

Fuck him getting off the couch to get a beer from the fridge is probably more than he's done for weeks, months

• 4 weeks later...
Guest eyeball_tickler

i'd say there's no injury and he's just dropped because he's shit and sam doesnt want to play him.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

As I said a month ago to the day, we need to just pay off his contract, get him off the books.

:lol:

Why? What good would that do?

Because then he's gone, he's not a liability to us anymore. It's not just a matter of wages he costs us money with all this injury treatment too.

his injury record is absolutely shameful

PMSL:

Broken Leg  West Ham United  2007 August 28th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2007 April 10th 

Flu  Newcastle United  2007 February 26th 

Gashed Leg  Newcastle United  2006 November 28th 

Eye  Newcastle United  2006 October 29th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2006 April 23rd 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2006 February 23rd 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2005 August 19th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2005 July 18th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2005 April 8th 

Groin Strain  Newcastle United  2005 February 16th 

Knee Injury  Newcastle United  2005 January 7th 

Calf Muscle Strain  Newcastle United  2004 December 21st 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2004 September 20th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2004 September 18th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2004 August 5th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2004 April 9th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2004 March 3rd 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2004 March 3rd 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2003 October 20th 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2003 August 26th 

Shin Splints  Newcastle United  2003 May 14th 

Shin Splints  Newcastle United  2003 March 31st 

Hamstring Injury  Newcastle United  2003 March 13th 

Shin Splints  Newcastle United  2003 February 28th 

Calf  Newcastle United  2002 December 30th 

Back Injury  Newcastle United  2002 October 14th 

Shin Splints  Newcastle United  2002 September 3rd 

Kieron Dyer.  lol

Guest Stephen927

It's a measure of Babayaro's ability that a young left winger has come in and done a better job at left back than him.

Maybe we should think about cutting our losses with him. I can't see anyone coming in for him in January or him moving, I'm sure he'd much prefer to keep on picking up his paycheck here than move and miss out on whats left or his current deal.

Remember this?  :laugh:

I'm not leaving, insists defender

Jun 29 2007

By Paul Gilder, The Journal

Celestine Babayaro last night warned he will not be forced out of St James's Park and insisted he still has much to offer as a Premier League player.

Newcastle officials are attempting to sell the underemployed African after Sam Allardyce decided he does not figure in his plans, but Babayaro has claimed he has not been told as much and is poised to return to the North-East for pre-season training next week.

Although Sporting Lisbon have expressed an interest, the Portuguese club have yet to table an offer to land the left-back on a permanent basis following an unsuccessful loan bid. United remain keen to find a buyer, although Babayaro is adamant he is going nowhere.

Allardyce is attempting to recruit a reliable player to fill a position that has proved problematic ever since Olivier Bernard left the club for the first time two-and-a-half years ago. But the Nigerian international is not concerned.

"I know what I'm capable of doing and the coach (Allardyce) has not told me I'm surplus to requirements so I've no fears of losing out at Newcastle," insisted a player who has indicated a determination to remain in the North-East and fight for his place.

"If injuries don't come my way in the new season, the Premier League will see a new Celestine Babayaro.

"At Chelsea, I went through four managers who came with new players and I still held onto my position so I don't see why I should worry about the coming of a new manager to Newcastle or the coming of new players."

Babayaro has started 45 Premier League fixtures since Graeme Souness brought him from Stamford Bridge in January 2005 and United officials have instructed his representatives to find him alternative employment.

:lol:

Just wanted to quote this again  :lol:

Guest BigSamsBarmyArmy

Hes a disgrace, i say we left him go for free, i mean NO ONE will have him, how could they?

Well the Mackems have been signing a load of poor players