Sam Allardyce

Guest WalkervilleMag

When he stands in the technical area I feel somewhat reassured, as opposed to worried when Roeder did it and resentful when Souness did it.

Aye, the big test will come against the big teams. Looking forward to seeing how "the new" newcastle do against the top four.

Can't believe we are proving to be a team that are actually hard to beat woo hoo.

Guest Knightrider

He's a top 10 manager at a top 10 club, simple as.

I think both are far better than that and together will prove that in time. Over the past few years statistically he's been the 6th best manager in the league, however I'd go one further and claim him to be the best outside of the top 4 and by some margin, I really believe that and this is not NUFC bias kicking in I've said it many times while he was Bolton manager. I doubt any manager other than Big Sam could have done the wheeling and dealing and brought in the kind of players we have this summer on a pretty small budget while under the strains of a takeover nor identified all our problems so quickly to get to work on them in the manner he has done. He was indeed the right man for the job and luckily for us, he hasn't even scratched the surface yet and neither has the club in terms of new potential under him and the new owner and management. The only way is up literally for us now. Of course it won't always be a garden or roses, but if we remain patient, understanding and the manager gets the support and backing of everyone in every sense possible, we'll succeed.

I think both are far better than that and together will prove that in time. Over the past few years statistically he's been the 6th best manager in the league, however I'd go one further and claim him to be the best outside of the top 4 and by some margin, I really believe that and this is not NUFC bias kicking in I've said it many times while he was Bolton manager. I doubt any manager other than Big Sam could have done the wheeling and dealing and brought in the kind of players we have this summer on a pretty small budget while under the strains of a takeover nor identified all our problems so quickly to get to work on them in the manner he has done. He was indeed the right man for the job and luckily for us, he hasn't even scratched the surface yet and neither has the club in terms of new potential under him and the new owner and management. The only way is up literally for us now. Of course it won't always be a garden or roses, but if we remain patient, understanding and the manager gets the support and backing of everyone in every sense possible, we'll succeed.

forever and ever, amen

Completely agree with all that. Sam's achievements at Bolton are nothing short of spectacular. To get a club like Bolton to finish that high up in the Premiership on a small budget is incredible.

Excellent signings and new defence but we have looked s*** so far, boring football

We are getting the points though.

At the moment, the crunch for TCA will come when we hit a sticky patch and are still playing shit boring ground emptying football but not picking up points.

Guest Sniffer

I thought Kenny Dalglish was the right man at the right time and that went tits up fairly quickly.

I think we need to see what the team is like at Christmas once he gets Barton fit as IMO he is the key.