NUFC want YOU to 'Have Your Say'!

Rich

Guest jimmy1982

Get rid of fluffy mascots.

Why? I don't expect anybody on this board to get any enjoyment out of them but I'm sure thier are little kids out there who love the mascots. Don't do us any harm and don't affect my enjoyment so I'm fine with them staying.

Its just too Bolton Wanderers for my liking. Does nothing to help create the big bad geordie atmosphere we'd all like to see... Hadn't really thought about little kids enjoying them to be honest, but I'm selfish like that. And anyway, do any kids younger than 5 or 6 go to the match? By 5 or 6 they should be over fluffy toys and more interested in watching their heroes warming up at half time. It just seems like a step towards the small time, Americanised Bolton/Smoggies plastic hands/play music when you score type behaviour to me. Maybe I'm taking it too seriously.

tart the outside of the ground up with flags, banners etc instead of the grey walls and stands already there (will look very imposing to away fans arriving by train)

get fans involved......even things like online voting for new strip design or player of the month etc (season ticket holders,junior magpies get votes).

get the club involved in the community,send the players to schools to talk to kids,MAKE THE PLAYERS AWARE THEY CAN HAVE AN AFFECT ON THE COMMUNITY THAT IS STUMPING UP A SIGNIFICANT PART OF THEIR WAGES.  (i make no apologies for the caps in that last sentence)

Bring back local hero with immediate effect. More people want it than dont, so it should be played before the next game.

Failing that, im gonna buy an ipod and play it to myself every game.

Speaking of ipod's. As someone else mentioned, the gallowgate pa system needs upgraded from the current ipod / 0.00001 watt headphone speaker system. We cant hear a bastard thing.

Guest Micktoon

From what I've read the various ticketing/box office problems are the biggest, most immediate and 'in our face' things that need sorting out promptly.

Yes particularly the fat bespectacled twat I encountered when I came over for the Villa game, Swearing and cursing behind his window and the most unhelpful cockend I've ever come across. For someone who was meant to be dealing with the public he should really get a job he likes.

One thing that's always impressed me with the atmosphere at both Liverpool and West Ham is how they play You'll never walk alone/Blowing bubbles right before kick off, they usually cut the music and get the fans singing it.

Would it work here with Blaydon Races?

One thing that's always impressed me with the atmosphere at both Liverpool and West Ham is how they play You'll never walk alone/Blowing bubbles right before kick off, they usually cut the music and get the fans singing it.

No because too many people don't know the right words. Too Many people sing it too fast, and too many people don't know the second/third/etc verses.

No because too many people don't know the right words. Too Many people sing it too fast, and too many people don't know the second/third/etc verses.

If the song was already playing then the tempo would already be set, I don't think it's too much to expect people to pick the words up either.

A tv channel is a bit too much of an ask IMO however I don't see a reason why they couldn't expand on the Newcastle World service on the Internet, maybe showing reserve games through a live feed similar to what they did with a few pre season games.

The problem is I'd rather pay what people pay for Newcastle-World for a Digital TV channel to get them on there at a quality that isn't determined by my internet speed.

I've got Broadband 2mb but I still have major problems with streams and suchforth that nufc.co.uk have. Something along the lines of NUFC-TV would be something that would take a while to plan, but it is definitely something I'd like the club to think about expanding into in the coming years.

The government don't want you to have a 2mb connection, they want everyone in the UK on reliable 20mb connections at the existing affordable prices like you are getting in other countries.

Unfortunately though, we currently have a private company in charge of the installation of broadband technology, and BT are being real cheapskates. Things will change soon though as the government and OFCOM want people to be able to instantaneously stream programmes at the same quality you'd get on a widescreen TV some time in the near future. BT will have to eventually fall in line.

A TV channel incurs large initial costs that aren't viable for us in the long term. Internet dodges these costs and will be following the long term route.

If the song was already playing then the tempo would already be set, I don't think it's too much to expect people to pick the words up either.

Fair points, but it is far more up-tempo than those previously mentioned. Even Hey Jude would be alright, so that LALALALA Geordies bellowed out a few times.....?

Fair points, but it is far more up-tempo than those previously mentioned. Even Hey Jude would be alright, so that LALALALA Geordies bellowed out a few times.....?

I reckon that sounds shit when other clubs do it. Sounds miles better when it's just the fans.

I vote cut the music a quarter to, then at 3 or 4 mins two, announce the teams, then O Fortuna (Carmina Burwhatever), PL theme tune then Local Hero.

I'd also like to see a change of the questions streamed out by Craig Hope. Currently he seems to put out questions that have been approved by both Alan Oliver and Freddy Shepherd as questions the Geordie public  want to hear, but to be honest, they aren't really the questions I want to see asked to the player over and over again.

For instance, he keeps asking Owen if he's confident and match fit yet, and Owen must be pretty tired of that. New signings are getting asked weekly if they are settling in, and giving the same answer.

On many occasions, its Allardyce or the player who is keeping the interview going, and to be fair to our staff, they are quite an eloquent bunch at the moment, but we just hear the same things we'd read in the papers, the only difference is that you'll get to talk to people who normally aren't put in front of the microphone nationally.

Get some banter going. Lets get to know the person rather than the player, for instance Chelsea had a feature on the best looking player where Drogba admitted he had the hots for Carvalho. Mix things up a bit, instead of interviewing Owen, Viduka, Shola, Taylor, Martins and Rozehnal all the time, lets interview the tea lady. Have a feature on what Russell Cushing or Lee Clark get up to on their average day at work. Hope apparently has unrivalled access, and there are so many uncontroversial possibilities, he should start making the most of them.

Definately. I've been a subscriber to World for only a couple of months, and I'm already sick of hearing that Viduka is settling in nicely. I mean, you can even see on Viduka that he's wondering what the hell kind of stupid questions he's getting.

Being saying this for ages but get the outside of the stadium cleaned, it looks a mess especially the Leazes and East Stand corner area.

And keep Local bloody Hero well away!

Move heaven and earth to sign Kerlon Moura Souza, every TV station in Europe will be falling over themselves to film our matches, shirt sales with his name on will reach astronomic proportions. Properly handled he could earn more revenue than Beckham once he's a 'face' on the TV.

He will provide more entertainment in 20 minutes than two current 90m games, and on top of that he'll create goal chances out of nothing. The only way they'll stop him is to change the rules of football.

Being saying this for ages but get the outside of the stadium cleaned, it looks a mess especially the Leazes and East Stand corner area.

Control yourself.  O0 :lol:

:razz:

As much as i dont mind Local Hero, i always thought the song should have retired with Shearer. Playing the song when a team is led out by Scott Parker or Geremi doesnt feel the same. Thought the testimonial game v Celtic should have been the songs final spin.

Lower prices for cup games

Get the scouting set up sorted

The same for the Academy

Don't refuse extra tickets for away games

Allow big flags etc

Treat the fans as customers & not like pieces of shit - we're not ten a penny anymore

Encourage younger supporters

Give more access to the players for younger supporters; they are our future paying customers

Make MA a visible, vocal owner & supporter (his PR people must have already had a word)

Do everything possible to get into europe & G14; football will change & we need to be prepared

I think Ashley is doing fine. The last thing we want is an overweight rentagob, mouthing off to the papers every two minutes with a soundbite- thats what we got rid of Shepherd for!

As much as i dont mind Local Hero, i always thought the song should have retired with Shearer. Playing the song when a team is led out by Scott Parker or Geremi doesnt feel the same. Thought the testimonial game v Celtic should have been the songs final spin.

First of all, you're reading far too much into the song 'title'. It's a good tune that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and gets the crowd going.

Second of all, it's actually called Going Home.

First of all, you're reading far too much into the song 'title'. No I'm not. It's a good tune that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and gets the crowd going.

Second of all, it's actually called Going Home. I know, but who apart from pedantic bores refer to it as anything other than "Local Hero"

Guest Lamby1976

I think Ashley is doing fine. The last thing we want is an overweight rentagob, mouthing off to the papers every two minutes with a soundbite- thats what we got rid of Shepherd for!

:thup:

I would like to echo many of the sentiments on here reagrding SJP...

1. Get a good PA system - one that actually works is possible - they even have consultants that do this.

2. If/when a ground expansion ocurrs read all of the shite the club did to its loyal season tickets holder and the SOS campaign and figure out a way to better integrate the ticktes holders in the process

3. Lower prices for all tickets - especially cup games which should be nearly free especially after the ground expansion

4. Have an effective community liaison that actually figures out a way to better integrate various community groups with NUFC not just hand out tickets to favourite charities

5. Add a standing section if possible - the Home Depot Center in Los Angeles actually has a section of the ground that is sloped turf so before the match people can sit around on the grass drink beer have a picnic etc - I don't think that would work for SJP but having a ground made of something soft (not concrete) lowers the risk of serious injury when people are jumping up and down etc.

First of all, you're reading far too much into the song 'title'. No I'm not. It's a good tune that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up and gets the crowd going.

Second of all, it's actually called Going Home. I know, but who apart from pedantic bores refer to it as anything other than "Local Hero"

If you're not then why say it should've been retired with Shearer? For me and many others it was the clubs song, not Shearers.