NUFC want YOU to 'Have Your Say'!

Rich

Some great suggestions, any chance of a summary so i don't repeat whats already been said?

It's kind of the point, really. If you repeat them they'll get noticed.

Well i'll highlight the ones i agree with, and underline & highlight the ones i think are essential.

Will that do you?  :razz:

I was planning on doing the same thing!

I was just repeating what Richard had said - don't get sarcy. ;)

I've read some brilliant posts in here, I'm sure the content will go down well at the club, to think this sort of stuff is so easy to produce and could be so beneficial to the club and it's been wasted.

If you go with Barclays they buy your season ticket for you (EPL only) and you pay them interest free installments over the season.

Wor lass paid for mine, I am now her bitch !

Or gimp depending on her fetish for the evening no doubt.

Guest Knightrider

I've read some brilliant posts in here, I'm sure the content will go down well at the club, to think this sort of stuff is so easy to produce and could be so beneficial to the club and it's been wasted.

Agreed, fantastic reading. Inspiring stuff people.

Some great suggestions, any chance of a summary so i don't repeat whats already been said?

It's kind of the point, really. If you repeat them they'll get noticed.

Well i'll highlight the ones i agree with, and underline & highlight the ones i think are essential.

Will that do you?  :razz:

I was planning on doing the same thing!

I was just repeating what Richard had said - don't get sarcy. ;)

He's right, just give your own opinions as best as you can, doesn't matter if they overlap. That's exactly what we're looking for.

I haven't yet read the whole thread, but here's a few random thoughts...

The free cup tickets with a season ticket deal:

The bad news is perhaps that this makes it even more difficult for fans who are only occasionally back home to get to see a game.

London season ticket and other "away" deals:

When I lived in London it was always really annoying that I couldn't get tickets in the away end for our games against London teams – except occasionally the worst seats in the park at somewhere like Charlton, or at some mid-week cup game against lower-league opposition (like Leyton Orient a few years back). All the more ridiculous in that the club often didn't take up its full away allocation at places like Stamford Bridge. There was talk occasionally of a "London season ticket" for our away games in the capital. I thought that made great sense. There are a LOT of Geordies in London, and there are a lot of games there too. Five fixtures this season is fewer than usual. The idea would probably also be good for the north-west.

Transparency and backstage improvements:

Investment in the academy and training facilities will rightly be welcomed by most fans. But this is one area where we'd really like to hear more from the club about what's going on. It's otherwise part of the club's work that remains pretty much invisible – a fact which let the previous regime get away with doing more or less nothing (though the fact that it wouldn't sell copies of the Chonicle can also be blamed). Some positive PR, please, about your intentions and plans in this crucial area. We'd also like to hear more about appointments.

Newcastle World/Premium TV:

Get another internet deal as soon as contractually possible. The official site is laughably bad on just about every level. I'd hope this was obvious to anyone seriously considering future revenue streams via "new media".

Less generally, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's really pissed off that you can't get pictures or commentary via the official site if you use a Mac, nor the only Mac user who got suckered because the sales page doesn't mention the fact, and certainly not the only one who had to email customer services three times before getting any kind of sensible response. I can't get this service even though I'm happy to pay for it. This doesn't benefit either me or the club.

I sit in the Gallowgate top tear and i tell you what really annoys me.  Having to leave 5 minutes before half time in order to stand a fighting chance to get a beer.  I know we're there to watch the game but surely a half time beverage is part of the experience.  A couple of things could be done to improve this.  1 - extend the bar right along the concorse and employ more people to serve.  2 - employ people to serve who at least know how to pour a pint and don't spend half the time staring into the air while hundreds are going mad trying to get served.  Just be doing this they'd make a fortune more on beer sales and more people with a drink inside them might also improve the atmosphere :)

I agree that the "wet area" outside the gallowgate turnstyles needs to be sorted.  It just looks crap.

I also agree that cars driving outside the strawberry after the game are a pain in the arse but what the club could do about this i'm not sure.

Gallowgate pa system to be fixed.  perhaps put speakers nearer the top of the stand.  i don't know about anywhere else but i can't hear a thing they say

Wait until after the players have left the pitch before reading out the full time scores.  That way we can properly applaud the players from the pitch without the embarssing break while everyone tries to hear how many the mackems got beaten by.

can we not have Jeff Stelling on at half time instead of that dreadful match day tv?

Nothing major really but all minor annoyances which detract from my overall matchday experience

Two things for this overseas supporter:

(1) better online coverage - I have World and Setanta Broadband, but that's not enough.  I'd be in favor of moving the website away from premium.tv as well - the site does not have a very interesting/useful or distinctive layout, and, while the content seems at least more timely under Mr. Ashley, I still would like more.

(2) reasonable overseas shipping charges from the Club Shop.  £20 is better than the £25 it was, but that still bears no relation to reality.  I'd love to order all sorts of crap from the Club Shop, but I'm not tacking an extra £20 on regardless of my order size.  As is, I order what I need from other retailers, or go to E-Bay.

Guest optimistic nit

When I lived in London it was always really annoying that I couldn't get tickets in the away end for our games against London teams except occasionally the worst seats in the park at somewhere like Charlton, or at some mid-week cup game against lower-league opposition (like Leyton Orient a few years back). All the more ridiculous in that the club often didn't take up its full away allocation at places like Stamford Bridge. There was talk occasionally of a "London season ticket" for our away games in the capital. I thought that made great sense. There are a LOT of Geordies in London, and there are a lot of games there too. Five fixtures this season is fewer than usual. The idea would probably also be good for the north-west.

hell yes

When I lived in London it was always really annoying that I couldn't get tickets in the away end for our games against London teams – except occasionally the worst seats in the park at somewhere like Charlton, or at some mid-week cup game against lower-league opposition (like Leyton Orient a few years back). All the more ridiculous in that the club often didn't take up its full away allocation at places like Stamford Bridge. There was talk occasionally of a "London season ticket" for our away games in the capital. I thought that made great sense. There are a LOT of Geordies in London, and there are a lot of games there too. Five fixtures this season is fewer than usual. The idea would probably also be good for the north-west.

That is the worst idea i have ever heard The exiles who live down south who stand/sing etc fair enough but there will be bandwagon jumpers here there and everywhere. It's bad enough going to Reading on a monday night with a load of cockneys who sat nevermind giving them a 'london season ticket'

I must say I like the idea of a "London Season Ticket" - that is brilliant. I would have really appreciated it when I lived there.

Jack J - How about we actually win something and then worry about the bandwagon later eh?

I sit in the Gallowgate top tear and i tell you what really annoys me.  Having to leave 5 minutes before half time in order to stand a fighting chance to get a beer.  I know we're there to watch the game but surely a half time beverage is part of the experience. 

Im right down the bottom and getting a pint downstairs is impossible. You have to leave your seat 10-15 minutes before halftime to get anywhere near the bar. To be honest i dont think its actually possible to correct this as  downstairs simply isnt big enough to accomodate the volume of people. Even getting through the access tunnel during halftime takes an age.

Just fancied a bit of a whinge really.

I'd like to hear their plans for the club when Mort has finished his review. When Ashley was buying the club he leaked some pretty ambitious aspirations for the club. The club need to engage the supporters in growing the club without losing the special regional feel. I think:

We need to expand the fan base. We should do this by expanding links to schools; making training accessible some of the time; making being a junior mag non-profit making etc. We should explore all the web streaming technology already mentioned to tap into world markets. We should partner clubs in other leagues both for player exchange and cultural links for fans. We should explore ways of increasing capacity on the back of commercial developments.

We need to be at the heart of the regeneration of Newcastle. The club is what helps make the city and is deep rooted in the culture of the North East. We should work with the City Council to expand this role and make sure the capital developments are part of One North East. We need to ensure the site is used by all parts of the community 7 days a week.

We need to treat the fans as customers (point already made). There have been many points in the thread but the simple elements of running an entertainment service could still be expanded. There must be way of getting 30000 people a beer at half time in a better way - try buying the drinks on your way in to be picked up at HT like the theatre.

Exploit the brand and exploit the star status of the players. We do this OK but we must be able to do more.

Just some ideas to make sure Ashley makes money by making NUFC a successful team in a modern community.

If you buy the current seasons shirt with a player's name on the back, and we sell that player, offer a free exchange shirt without the offending player's name on it. Send all the returned shirts to third world countries.

Unless you're getting an obscure player or a personalized name/number on the back, the shirt should come with the name and number at no extra cost.

If you buy the current seasons shirt with a player's name on the back, and we sell that player, offer a free exchange shirt without the offending player's name on it. Send all the returned shirts to third world countries.

Unless you're getting an obscure player or a personalized name/number on the back, the shirt should come with the name and number at no extra cost.

Excellent suggestions. Also appropriate for Ashley to lead the way as a retailer.

Guest jimmy1982

London season ticket is worst idea i've ever heard. I live in london but would hate to think people are getting tickets before people from up North just because they have a season ticket like that. Away season ticket i'm all for if people go to every away game and they would need to be allocated based on loyalty points already.

Totally agree with that and I live in London as well.

Guest Toon Barmy

To NUFC,

Please review the actions of the over zealous and vindictive stewarding that is going on in the 7th level at the Sir John Hall stand week in and week out.  The enjoyment of the game is being ruined by stewards telling fans to sit down and preventing them from celebrating, they are rude and when surrounded by the police treat all fans like criminals.

Their actions are really ruining the atmosphere at the game and provoke anger from the fans.

Guest Toon Barmy

For the past 4 seasons the food and drink situation at half time has always been a joke. 

please sort out the bar situation. 

More staff. 

A bottles only section. 

Signs for queuing points at the bar

Pre order and payment for the drinks before kick-off, like theatre

Treat people like customers paying £35 per ticket and not like cattle

Food

More staff

properly stocked snacks, how can you run out of crisps on the opening day of the season?

signs to aid queuing

more food and drink vending machines

Guest Toon Barmy

Please provide more and larger tv screens in the concourses.  This would help spread out the large number of people trying to cram around the small screens.