NUFC want YOU to 'Have Your Say'!

Rich

why don't you just stand up to see past the people waiting in the aisles ? I find that standing is far better to encourage singing etc. than sitting on your backside.

Because I respect others around & would not want to impede there view. I dont mind standing when I go on a rare away outing as everyone is. If the stewards do they job are paid to do end of problem really.

Why not get them to move in the doorways?

That's what people seem to do around us. If the stewards and police did anything more than they do now then we won't be allowed to shout at the football and sing. We'll all be sat eating popcorn and clapping.

If they want to watch the game stay in the seats, if they want to leave early go but dont fanny arounnd standing around blocking mine & other peoples view.

Guest jimmy1982

It would be great if the club could continue the reduced prices (like 5 quid) for kids at cup matches. They are the future of the club after all.

why don't you just stand up to see past the people waiting in the aisles ? I find that standing is far better to encourage singing etc. than sitting on your backside.

Because I respect others around & would not want to impede there view. I dont mind standing when I go on a rare away outing as everyone is. If the stewards do they job are paid to do end of problem really.

Why not get them to move in the doorways?

That's what people seem to do around us. If the stewards and police did anything more than they do now then we won't be allowed to shout at the football and sing. We'll all be sat eating popcorn and clapping.

If they want to watch the game stay in the seats, if they want to leave early go but dont fanny arounnd standing around blocking mine & other peoples view.

This doesnt affect me, but i see it happening and it really irritates me

Guest dasflenst

Not sure if it's been mentioned as I've only read the first 6 pages but anyway, I'll make my point.  What about a club membership scheme other than just seaosn ticket holders?  As far as I'm aware, no such scheme exists.  I had a season ticket until recently and quite a lot of loyalty on it for away games in that I got allocated a ticket for almost every game no problem.  When I couldn't afford to renew my ticket, I phoned the box office to see if my loyalty would still be kept on the computer system so that I could still go to the odd away game.  They told me, in no uncertain terms, that without a season ticket, my attendance record would be totally wiped and I'd have to start again int he future. 

This basically means that someone who has had a seaosn ticket for 1 year has more chance of getting, say, an FA Cup final ticket (if we get there) than myself, when I've travelled all over the place for the last 10 years.  I'm not saying I have a divine right to tickets, I jus think this is a bit harsh. 

A simple membership system would work well, so that fans without season tickets ca have their attendance records stored on file, home and away games, so they don't miss out on the big games (or have a fairer chance of a ticket).

Anyone else in this situation or agree with me?   

Not sure if it's been mentioned as I've only read the first 6 pages but anyway, I'll make my point.  What about a club membership scheme other than just seaosn ticket holders?  As far as I'm aware, no such scheme exists.  I had a season ticket until recently and quite a lot of loyalty on it for away games in that I got allocated a ticket for almost every game no problem.  When I couldn't afford to renew my ticket, I phoned the box office to see if my loyalty would still be kept on the computer system so that I could still go to the odd away game.  They told me, in no uncertain terms, that without a season ticket, my attendance record would be totally wiped and I'd have to start again int he future. 

This basically means that someone who has had a seaosn ticket for 1 year has more chance of getting, say, an FA Cup final ticket (if we get there) than myself, when I've travelled all over the place for the last 10 years.  I'm not saying I have a divine right to tickets, I jus think this is a bit harsh. 

A simple membership system would work well, so that fans without season tickets ca have their attendance records stored on file, home and away games, so they don't miss out on the big games (or have a fairer chance of a ticket).

Think we have that mate. I used to be on it. "Club United" was 20 quid a year and you got priority tickets after ST holders before a gen sale.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jimmy1982

Don't know if I'm too late, and its only a very small thing but I just had a thought: on the official website, on the player profiles bit, they should have a questionnaire filled out by the players - favourite film, book, band, food, place, interests outside of football, funniest teammate etc etc. Loads of other sports clubs websites have this sort of thing. I think we used to have something similar in the programmes but I haven't bought one of them for years - maybe they still do it? Anyway it just creates a bit of a link between them and us, gives us something to identify with, epsecially for the kids. Just a small idea and noboy's probably bothered about it but I think it's be a nice touch. It'd only take 10 minutes for someone to print ou tsome questions, 5 mins for them to fill it in and a half hour for someone to type then up onto the site.

Can we have the team news on the advertising board before kick off?

Like they do with the half time scores.

Can scores still be read out as we can't see the boards as we sit behind them in the east stand & my WAP is always uber slow at HT on a matchday.

Guest toonlass

There is still a club membership scheme, £20 a year, free entry into home reserve games, preference over the general public for away games and cup games. You will get your points just like a season ticket holder for games. Phone the club and get them to send you a form to fill in.

Keep things coming in, by all means. I was disappointed with the turn-out in all honesty so the more the better.

Taking me ages to gather everything together at the minute (haven't had PC access for over 2 weeks and been moving to Hull) but once I'm settled in and sorted things should speed right up.

The whole point of this is to keep it as an open loop when someone has an idea/suggestion, things can always be sent in on a continual basis as well as in one big chunk.

Guest Knightrider

I'd like the club to put on an exhibition match at St. James' Park between an England XI and Kevin Keegan's entertainers, managed by the man himself so we can all finally get to thank him and to show him how much we appreciate what he did for us while in doing so making him a welcome figure back at Newcastle which I know the man himself didn't feel he was under FS and co after his leaving and the circumstances that brought about his departure. The man stayed away from Shearer's testimonial because he didn't feel welcomed by the powers that be nor did he want to detract from Big Al's day. The man clearly loves NUFC and we love him, yet I personally don't think I or the fans and club have had any real closure nor KK himself. I'd like to think we're finally over KK so we should all be comfortable about some kind of thankyou and welcome. It would do the new owner and board well to get to know Keegan too, who will let them know just how much responsibility rests on their shoulders. And lets not forget about the players too. Many of them have never really been thanked, I'm talking about the likes of Ginola and Cole, who regardless of your opinion, are Toon heroes of the past, legends in some eyes, the latter a personal boyhood hero of mine and a legend in Black & White as far as I'm concerned. Make the proceeds of this exhibition go to a NUFC charity or maybe even, on the back of it, set up a foundation like Northern Rock did, and make it a regular thing. I'll never tire of seeing former greats and heroes back in Toon or Black & White and it would be nice if the new generation got to see these players too and to learn about them and how much of a part they played in shaping NUFC. My own 8 year old nephew constantly asks me about Cole, Keegan and those days "what were they like".

Guest jimmy1982

Another great post Coach. the sentiments are spots on. KK gave us unforgettable times. doubt the club in its current state would do owt for him though.

I'd like the club to put on an exhibition match at St. James' Park between an England XI and Kevin Keegan's entertainers, managed by the man himself so we can all finally get to thank him and to show him how much we appreciate what he did for us while in doing so making him a welcome figure back at Newcastle which I know the man himself didn't feel he was under FS and co after his leaving and the circumstances that brought about his departure. The man stayed away from Shearer's testimonial because he didn't feel welcomed by the powers that be nor did he want to detract from Big Al's day. The man clearly loves NUFC and we love him, yet I personally don't think I or the fans and club have had any real closure nor KK himself. I'd like to think we're finally over KK so we should all be comfortable about some kind of thankyou and welcome. It would do the new owner and board well to get to know Keegan too, who will let them know just how much responsibility rests on their shoulders. And lets not forget about the players too. Many of them have never really been thanked, I'm talking about the likes of Ginola and Cole, who regardless of your opinion, are Toon heroes of the past, legends in some eyes, the latter a personal boyhood hero of mine and a legend in Black & White as far as I'm concerned. Make the proceeds of this exhibition go to a NUFC charity or maybe even, on the back of it, set up a foundation like Northern Rock did, and make it a regular thing. I'll never tire of seeing former greats and heroes back in Toon or Black & White and it would be nice if the new generation got to see these players too and to learn about them and how much of a part they played in shaping NUFC. My own 8 year old nephew constantly asks me about Cole, Keegan and those days "what were they like".

I like half of that idea, why not use it as part of our pre-season and play them against the team we are getting ready for next season?