Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

There's no blame to be designated here. Benitez took over a side who scraped 4th with a very mediocre 60 points (we accumulated 58 with Roeder and Souness) and had that side winning the CL within a year and the FA Cup within 2 years. It's easy to see why Benitez is held in such high esteem by that lot.

Benny has a better record in the CL than Ferguson and great record against top Prem teams.

He just couldn't do it consistently against the weaker Prem teams who ManYoo always defeat, if not completely maul.

Torres scoring two against Chelsea is ultimately worth less than Rooney scoring two winners against Stoke and Blackburn.

Benny has a better record in the CL than Ferguson and great record against top Prem teams.

He just couldn't do it consistently against the weaker Prem teams who ManYoo always defeat, if not completely maul.

Torres scoring two against Chelsea is ultimately worth less than Rooney scoring two winners against Stoke and Blackburn.

he's always just been a slightly more tactically aware allardyce with extra cash as far as i'm concerned. liverpool were fucking appalling to watch when he was there.

Why haven't they moved back to Spain or Italy? Mental.

His missus loves life in the Wirral and IIRC her daughter is in some sort of drama school over here.

Although the weather is slightly wetter and colder, so f*** knows.

EDIT: Not drama school, but one daughter has just started secondary school.

Inter and Benitez separate by mutual agreement

MILAN - F.C. Internazionale and Rafael Benitez wish to convey that, together and with mutual satisfaction, they have reached an agreement for the early cancellation of their working partnership.

F.C. Internazionale would like to thank Rafael Benitez for his work in charge of the team, which he guided to success in the Italian League Super Cup and in the FIFA Club World Cup.

Rafael Benitez would like to thank F.C. Internazionale for the important professional experience and for the victories achieved together.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=35392&L=en

Guest neesy111

Wonder how much rafa made this calendar year? Must be up there with the highest paid managers ever.

got what 15-20m off liverpool? and how much was he on at inter

15-20m off liverpool :lol:

no club would be stupid to sack a manager to give them that kind of money.

Wonder how much rafa made this calendar year? Must be up there with the highest paid managers ever.

got what 15-20m off liverpool? and how much was he on at inter

15-20m off liverpool :lol:

no club would be stupid to sack a manager to give them that kind of money.

he had just signed a rather hefty contract said to be worth £20m in total and i don't think there was an escape clause so the payoff would have been very hefty

Next Liverpool manager.

Hope so.

That desperate?

Because we have every reason to hate the manager that won us an FA Cup, a CL, a SuperCup, and took us to another CL final and within a few points of the Prem.

surely he is the reason you are where you are now.

That would be Hicks and Gillett.

Hmmmm. Without knowing too much of the Politics, your sqwad looks awful, and some of his buys were shocking. Surely down to him?

Every manager makes a few shocking buys. In the end, there simply wasn't the money to buy the players we needed to improve. The Yanks were taking every penny the club made to pay down their debts. If you haven't got the money to buy nailed-on quality players like Torres, Masch and Alonso (though he was a bargain), you have to take risks. No, Rafa wasn't the best in at the transfer market, but making out that Rafa is some kind of Souness in the transfer market is well wide of the mark.

Rafa is their Keegan. Outsiders won't understand the attraction.

Basically. I thought that would be entirely obvious to an NUFC fan.

Admire the loyalty and, of course, you won things under him.

But surely the £60m spent on Aquilani, Lucas, Babel and Keane (for example) is indicative of more than just taking a risk because funds weren't available to buy better? That is pretty serious money that should have bought something a whole lot better imo.

Nonsense. What we paid for Babel was reasonable considering what a proven, top-class winger costs. Lucas was cheap. The criticism I'd level at Rafa regarding both players is not that he bought them but that he didn't play them enough to let them develop.

As I've said before, Rafa only wanted Keane as an accessory to Barry. The Barry deal fell through, but Parry still bought Keane. The fuck-up was his. Aquilana was a mistake, but even if we don't get a penny back for him, the profit on Alonso and Masch will still cover any losses.

Did I mention Rafa took us to two CL finals? And you seriously want to claim this is a bad manager?

Next Liverpool manager.

Hope so.

That desperate?

Because we have every reason to hate the manager that won us an FA Cup, a CL, a SuperCup, and took us to another CL final and within a few points of the Prem.

Hmmmm. Without knowing too much of the Politics, your sqwad looks awful, and some of his buys were shocking. Surely down to him?

Every manager makes a few shocking buys. In the end, there simply wasn't the money to buy the players we needed to improve. The Yanks were taking every penny the club made to pay down their debts. If you haven't got the money to buy nailed-on quality players like Torres, Masch and Alonso (though he was a bargain), you have to take risks. No, Rafa wasn't the best in at the transfer market, but making out that Rafa is some kind of Souness in the transfer market is well wide of the mark.

But surely the £60m spent on Aquilani, Lucas, Babel and Keane (for example) is indicative of more than just taking a risk because funds weren't available to buy better? That is pretty serious money that should have bought something a whole lot better imo.

Nonsense. What we paid for Babel was reasonable considering what a proven, top-class winger costs. Lucas was cheap. The criticism I'd level at Rafa regarding both players is not that he bought them but that he didn't play them enough to let them develop.

As I've said before, Rafa only wanted Keane as an accessory to Barry. The Barry deal fell through, but Parry still bought Keane. The fuck-up was his. Aquilana was a mistake, but even if we don't get a penny back for him, the profit on Alonso and Masch will still cover any losses.

Did I mention Rafa took us to two CL finals? And you seriously want to claim this is a bad manager?

You didn't just say that...fuking hell man.  bluelaugh.gif

Next Liverpool manager.

Hope so.

That desperate?

As I've said before, Rafa only wanted Keane as an accessory to Barry. The Barry deal fell through, but Parry still bought Keane. The f***-up was his. Aquilana was a mistake, but even if we don't get a penny back for him, the profit on Alonso and Masch will still cover any losses.

Calm down.

You don't have to mention the CL finals, I'm well aware of that hence the first sentence of my post. And I didn't say he is a bad manager. You don't get to manage the clubs he's managed and win the trophies he's won by being a bad manager. However I think his recent track record isn't so good, some of his dealings in the transfer market have not been great and when results are going against him he starts whingeing about needing more money to spend.

The point I'm trying to make is that he isn't as bad in the transfer market as everyone seems to like to make out. Everyone was always keen to point out that he'd spent more than Ferguson, conveniently ignoring the fact that Ferguson already had a championship winning squad when Rafa joined LFC.

Sure, he bought some crap players, but so does every manager. Even Wenger seems incapable of finding a good keeper.

His main flaws in the transfer market were concentrating too much on the squad and not the first team, failing to trust in and develop younger, raw players, and backing out of transfers we really needed when the price went up a bit at the last minute (Simao, Alves).

I believe the reason he bought Aquilana was because if he hadn't spent the money, the Yanks would have handed it over to the bank in interest payments. He had about a week to spend it. A mistake, yeah, but it's hardly up there with, say, Souness buying Boumsong for £8m or Fergie buying Hargreaves for £17m, in both cases just a few months after the players were available on Bosmans.

The point I'm trying to make is that he isn't as bad in the transfer market as everyone seems to like to make out. Everyone was always keen to point out that he'd spent more than Ferguson, conveniently ignoring the fact that Ferguson already had a championship winning squad when Rafa joined LFC.

Sure, he bought some crap players, but so does every manager. Even Wenger seems incapable of finding a good keeper.

His main flaws in the transfer market were concentrating too much on the squad and not the first team, failing to trust in and develop younger, raw players, and backing out of transfers we really needed when the price went up a bit at the last minute (Simao, Alves).

I believe the reason he bought Aquilana was because if he hadn't spent the money, the Yanks would have handed it over to the bank in interest payments. He had about a week to spend it. A mistake, yeah, but it's hardly up there with, say, Souness buying Boumsong for £8m or Fergie buying Hargreaves for £17m, in both cases just a few months after the players were available on Bosmans.

Hargreaves was available on Bosman? I thought Fergie got him after a long protracted negotiations with Bayern? Anyway happy Rafa got the sack, could not happen to a nicer bloke/waiter