Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

Still can't believe they sold Alonso and replaced him with a complete crock :lol:

I can, he's wasted an entire football club worth of money on shite players, money they'll not see again.

He's wasted Liverpool's best shot at the title in 15 years, tbh, that's fine by me.

Torres could be out for 3 month, just gets better and better dosn't? :D

Shit news for my fantasy side though..

Ouch.  :lol:

Just having a read of the 'Pool fans reaction, mainly why us, footballs shit, were cursed, were so hard done by, justice for the hamstring, but found one gem:

"Just operate on Voronin, even though he doesn't need an operation."

bluelaugh.gif

Torres could be out for 3 month, just gets better and better dosn't? :D

Shit news for my fantasy side though..

Ouch.  :lol:

Just having a read of the 'Pool fans reaction, mainly why us, footballs shit, were cursed, were so hard done by, justice for the hamstring, but found one gem:

"Just operate on Voronin, even though he doesn't need an operation."

bluelaugh.gif

:mackems:

RIP Liverpool.

Won't happen sadly.

But it would be great should it ever happen.

Just to see if THEY would be getting 40,000 in the Championship, or getting the same sneering abuse from the media we have.

This years edition of Premier League seems to be the toughest and the most even in a long time. All of the big teams seems to drop points unexpectedly, and this is probably why Rafa still has his job I think. After almost one third of the league, Liverpool are still just 3 points after Spurs who's currently in the fourth spot (could be City and four points since they've only played 11 games). Because the fourth spot is what Liverpool really need for the finances, without the CL-money they're fucked. I think the board are willing to write off this season and start new next year if he manages to get some result before january. However, if they slip even further before new years eve, Liverpool must start fresh and give the new manager some cash to spend in the transfer window.

Today's result against Birmingham was rather expected, Liverpool has a crap record against Birmingham (2 draws and 4 losses last 6 in the league). This said, I despise Liverpool and wish them all the worst!

Who would they replace Rafa with if they sacked him? Had a look at the bookies a few weeks ago and Dalglish is hot favourite to be there next manager

Well, if we're lucky the Liverpool board might find that english bloke who has taken Twente top of the dutch league interesting...

I can't see the Board firing Benitez. The only way he'll be out is if he walks. He just signed a new contract and Liverpool (like so many other Premiership teams) are in deep debt and can't afford to pay him off and find someone new.

I see no way out for them. In Crumpy's thread Arse vs, Pool I (along with many others) thought Liverpool would be dropping out of the top four this season. At this point I can't see them getting back into it - even with a new manager. Carra's old, Gerrard is getting older, Torres is peaked, they didn't replace Alonso, their academy is not producing anymore, Benitez has killed the youth programme there. Compare and contrast their academy and youth team to any other top ten premiership club. All other managers give some of their youth a chance and have produced at least a couple of regulars from their academy. Liverpool hasn't done this in ages.

My prediction: 6th place - no cups.

Liverpool could've done very well this season had they kept Alonso and added another attacking player. I still think they'll qualify for the champion's league next season though, just. as exceptionally bad as they've been, they're still only 3 pts from the top four.

They may only be 3 points from the top four, but if you look at the table there's a lot of teams bunched up around them. They're only 3 points above Burnley. It only takes one of Villa, Spurs or Man City to go on a run, and they look capable of challenging.

Before the season began I thought the top 4 would remain the same. Now I'm not so sure.

Liverpool will get their fit players back and will go on a run of wins at some point. They will be there or thereabouts, no doubt about that.

Man City will be up and down but if they can find consistency they'll pose a real threat. I expect them to try and get rid of some of the dead wood which is cluttering Mark Hughes' squad and replace them with one or two real quality players. Their squad is way too big and I think that's causing some of their problems.

I'm certain Rafa will get til the end of the season. His job will depend on finishing top 4 though. That or an unlikely cup run like the time they finished 5th in the league. Back then, winning the champions league probably saved him his job. I remember a lot of fans in Liverpool wanted rid.

I can't see the Board firing Benitez. The only way he'll be out is if he walks. He just signed a new contract and Liverpool (like so many other Premiership teams) are in deep debt and can't afford to pay him off and find someone new.

I see no way out for them. In Crumpy's thread Arse vs, Pool I (along with many others) thought Liverpool would be dropping out of the top four this season. At this point I can't see them getting back into it - even with a new manager. Carra's old, Gerrard is getting older, Torres is peaked, they didn't replace Alonso, their academy is not producing anymore, Benitez has killed the youth programme there. Compare and contrast their academy and youth team to any other top ten premiership club. All other managers give some of their youth a chance and have produced at least a couple of regulars from their academy. Liverpool hasn't done this in ages.

My prediction: 6th place - no cups.

One prediction of yours I'd love to be true.

• 2 weeks later...

Can Liverpool afford to sack him though? His contract doesn't run out until 2014 and they're not really looking to get that fourth spot right now. Without the CL money and the owners reluctance to put in cash, next season could prove to be quite an interesting one at Anfield

Can Liverpool afford to sack him though? His contract doesn't run out until 2014 and they're not really looking to get that fourth spot right now. Without the CL money and the owners reluctance to put in cash, next season could prove to be quite an interesting one at Anfield

Holding on to Torres is going to take some doing. Be interesting if someone like Man City made a silly offer for him.

Holding on to Torres is going to take some doing. Be interesting if someone like Man City made a silly offer for him.

Can't see him playing for another English club tbh, back to Spain, poss Barcelona would be my guess

Can't see him playing for another English club tbh, back to Spain, poss Barcelona would be my guess

I can actually see him going to Chelsea. Wouldn't really fit in todays Chelsea, but for some reason I can see him go there.

What about Gerrard? He hasn't won the league and if Liverpool decay continues, he won't win it there. So what is more important? Being loyal to Liverpool or picking up the winners medal?

It's going to be an interesting finish this