Benny Benitez: Parky 6 Benny 2 (Benitez watch.). Inter sack the waiter.

Parky

He's off. And as with Keegan in 97, the principled walk-out will mysteriously coincide with the point when he's spunked all the money and is told there's nothing left.

That was last summer...

It all depends on what happens now re the owners. If new owners come in by the summer, he might stay. If not, he's off.

Personally, I hope he stays.

Why do you think he's still the man to take you to success? Completely honest question.

Admittedly can't think of many managerial alternatives to him.

Mostly this.

He's off. And as with Keegan in 97, the principled walk-out will mysteriously coincide with the point when he's spunked all the money and is told there's nothing left.

That was last summer...

It all depends on what happens now re the owners. If new owners come in by the summer, he might stay. If not, he's off.

Personally, I hope he stays.

Out of Gerrard, Torres and Reina staying or leaving which combinations of the the three would you feel would be your best and worse case scenario?

Easy!

Best: none leave.

Worst: all leave.

Torres is obviously the most important one, he's just so insanely good, but would I rather have Torres or £70m to spend on the rest of the side? That's much more difficult. If we're talking about the kind of value for money we got on Aquilani or Johnson, then Torres must stay.

I'm worried for Torres' fitness, particularly his knee. Two cartilage ops in such short time... the WC is not going to help.

Have to say I'm amazed how he has progressed since he joined you. He was always regarded as a great promise in Spain, but got lots of stick because of his dreadful composure in front of goal. He's matured immensely in England.

Guest je85

Easy!

Best: none leave.

Worst: all leave.

Torres is obviously the most important one, he's just so insanely good, but would I rather have Torres or £70m to spend on the rest of the side? That's much more difficult. If we're talking about the kind of value for money we got on Aquilani or Johnson, then Torres must stay.

Would you not want to get some money for Gerrard while you still can?

I'm worried for Torres' fitness, particularly his knee. Two cartilage ops in such short time... the WC is not going to help.

Have to say I'm amazed how he has progressed since he joined you. He was always regarded as a great promise in Spain, but got lots of stick because of his dreadful composure in front of goal. He's matured immensely in England.

Yeah. He seemed to spring fully-formed from the plane five times the player he was at Atleti. I never expected him to be  anywhere near as good as he is. Sensational player. With fucked knees :(

We'll have to wait and see what these wanker owners do. It they sell up fast (as they have promised the banks they will do), we might be okay, but they're such greedy fuckers, I can see them flogging Torres.

£20m a year in shirt sponsorship is mental. They got a great deal there.

Considering we're not in the CL, yeah, but otherwise I don't think it's far off what other clubs have signed in the last few years.

Considering we're not in the CL, yeah, but otherwise I don't think it's far off what other clubs have signed in the last few years.

Didn't ManU get 100m?

Didn't ManU get 100m?

They got the same: £80m over 4 years.

Just read that some Chinese millionaire is interested in buying Liverpool. Some Zhu Jun that owns a betting company and a Chinese footie team.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_zhu-jun-s-liverpool-interest-may-be-on-the-slow-boat-to-china_1381938

Fun bit:

If he did buy the club, Zhu would become the first Liverpool owner to have played against the team, having appeared for five minutes under a pseudonym when Shanghai played them in pre-season tournament in the Netherlands in 2007.

so does no-one think liverpool are as fucked as we were under ashley when he wanted out post-keegan?:

fans hate the owner(s): check

owners have a possibly unrealisticly high valuation of club: check

squad need massive overhaul to compete: check

additional funds needed for ground building: check (worse than us then)

owners publicly want out and won't fund the team properly: check

any potential buyer, despite liverpools far better on pitch history and global standing, would be fuckin stupid not to play hardball tactics with these septics (see what i did there?) and force them to drop to a stupid price or tell them to get fucked

here's hoping

so does no-one think liverpool are as f***ed as we were under ashley when he wanted out post-keegan?:

any potential buyer, despite liverpools far better on pitch history and global standing, would be fuckin stupid not to play hardball tactics with these septics (see what i did there?) and force them to drop to a stupid price or tell them to get f***ed

here's hoping

The main difference being what the squad was competing for. They won't get relegated next year.

I'm not clear on the funding of Liverpool's debt and on what exactly a stupid price would be. Presumably the yanks would want to break even but if they haven't actually put much of their own money in, what would that take? The bulk of the incoming money would have to service/pay off the debt. Is that right?

so does no-one think liverpool are as f***ed as we were under ashley when he wanted out post-keegan?:

any potential buyer, despite liverpools far better on pitch history and global standing, would be fuckin stupid not to play hardball tactics with these septics (see what i did there?) and force them to drop to a stupid price or tell them to get f***ed

here's hoping

The main difference being what the squad was competing for. They won't get relegated next year.

I'm not clear on the funding of Liverpool's debt and on what exactly a stupid price would be. Presumably the yanks would want to break even but if they haven't actually put much of their own money in, what would that take? The bulk of the incoming money would have to service/pay off the debt. Is that right?

don't see your point if (if) the rumours of 800m - 1bn price tags are correct for liverpool no-one in their right mind will pay it

FYI we were relegated BECAUSE of mike ashleys poor decisions in all aspects of running the club, at the time when he tried to sell many people wouldn't have touched us for relegation...he essentially made it happen so it's a very poor comparison

here's hoping

don't see your point if (if) the rumours of 800m - 1bn price tags are correct for liverpool no-one in their right mind will pay it

FYI we were relegated BECAUSE of mike ashleys poor decisions in all aspects of running the club, at the time when he tried to sell many people wouldn't have touched us for relegation...he essentially made it happen so it's a very poor comparison

So....why did you make it? I thought it was quite a funny comparison!

I didn't really have a point, other than that I don't know how much of their own money the yanks put in. As a result, anyone coming in might be stupid to pay much more than the debt itself.

I don't think they put any of their own money in. It was a leveraged buy-out.

That RAWK thread posted somewhere in here is amazing reading

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=257942.0

That is scary. Gillet et al are pretending the easy capital of pre-2008 will return. It's not going to anytime soon and in the meantime Liverpool will continue their decline.

No CL. What are the odds for mid-table mediocrity next year?

That is scary. Gillet et al are pretending the easy capital of pre-2008 will return. It's not going to anytime soon and in the meantime Liverpool will continue their decline.

They are going to have to sell their blue chip players, it's the only clear way out. hee hee

apparently lafa is safe in a job because juve decided/had a dose of common sense that they would not boy to his demands (seriously smart decision there) so not going to hire him and liverpool can't afford to sack him so more liverpool decline to come next season i'll bet

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Rafa-Benitez-set-for-Liverpool-stay-as-club-can-t-afford-pay-off-Exclusive-article428189.html

2 League titles, 1 Champions League, 1 UEFA Cup and 1 FA Cup... I think Juventus could do a lot worse to be honest.

I don't really like Liverpool that much but slagging of Benitez is mental IMO, he's a quality manager.

They are going to have to sell their blue chip players, it's the only clear way out. hee hee

Won't do any good. The banks have only extended the credit to the yanks on the condition that the actively start trying to sell the club. Selling the whole squad wouldn't cover half the debt.

Not sure of the exact length of the extension, but you can be sure they won't get another. Bank doesn't give a toss what price the yanks get, because they get no share of the profit.

They're holding out for north of £500m, but anything over about £300m will see the wankers make a profit. The upside of it is, the yanks never intended to put a single penny of their own money into the club, and they won't start now. It's more expensive to borrow than when they came in, and unlike Man Utd, there's not a cat in hell's chance that the club can generate the money to pay off the loans. The same will apply for any subsequent buyer, so we might be free from speculators, if not incompetents.

Their only sensible option is to sell up.

They'll probably try to get two or three bidders into a bidding war in the summer, but I can't see them holding onto the club much longer than that. Thank fuck.