Derby 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 17/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Harper 6          Didnt have much to do

Taylor 3          Play him in CB or dont play him, donkey tonight

Rozehnal 6      Looked to tired 2nd half

Cacapa 6        Slow

N'Zogbia 6 (2)  Effort, slightly creative (learn to beat the 1st man!!)

Smith 3            Smudge??  more like spud

Geremi 5          Was on the pitch

Butt 4              Oh dear

Ameobi 3        Wouldnt get a start for North Shields

Owen 3          Who?

Martins 5        Made an effort

Faye 5            Didnt see much of him

Beye              Not on long enough

-----------------Given--------------------

-Beye--Rozehnal--Cacapa--Enrique-

-----------------Geremi-------------------

--------Barton----------Emre------------

--Martins-------------------Zoggy-------

---------------Viduka---------------------

Or

-----------------Given---------------------

-Milner----Geremi---Barton---Zoggy-

-----------Viduka----Martins/Owen----

In Januari i would go for a pacey creative RW and use Milner as backup

good interview from Allardyce to be honest "Who told you about top 6? I never mentioned it?" totally right - too many people getting carried away with themselves.

That's a sh*te comment. No ambition whatsoever. Of course we should be looking at the top 6.

In summer what did we want? We wanted to see progress on and off the pitch, some semblance of long-termism, and a good squad spirit. We're building a squad, we're improving facilities off the pitch. We need to demonstrate the patience Big Sam asked for.

But let's never play Smith on the wing every again.

good interview from Allardyce to be honest "Who told you about top 6? I never mentioned it?" totally right - too many people getting carried away with themselves.

That's a sh*te comment. No ambition whatsoever. Of course we should be looking at the top 6.

In summer what did we want? We wanted to see progress on and off the pitch, some semblance of long-termism, and a good squad spirit. We're building a squad, we're improving facilities off the pitch. We need to demonstrate the patience Big Sam asked for.

agree!  why did he do it?

good interview from Allard's to be honest "Who told you about top 6? I never mentioned it?" totally right - too many people getting carried away with themselves.

love the fact that we all know much more than professional manager's do

good interview from Allard's to be honest "Who told you about top 6? I never mentioned it?" totally right - too many people getting carried away with themselves.

love the fact that we all know much more than professional manager's do

Aye, i mean - Keefaz is pretty damn incorrect in fairness.

:rolleyes:  :idiot2:

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

-----------------Given--------------------

-----------------Geremi-------------------

--------Barton----------Emre------------

--Martins-------------------Zoggy-------

---------------Viduka---------------------

Or

-----------------Given---------------------

-Milner----Geremi---Barton---Zoggy-

-----------Viduka----Martins/Owen----

In Januari i would go for a pacey creative RW and use Milner as backup

I think tonights game showed that we need some physically presence in the central defence, especially in the air. Change Caccapa or Roz for Taylor or Faye and we pretty much agree.

We were destined for a top 6 finish after beating Bolton by most on here ffs... Calm down, It's was a shit match, i would of rather poked my eyes out with a red hot poker than watching that tbh... But it's not half as bad as people are making out, we always let teams/players who are on a bad run get one over on us..

It's a totally different manager/team/tactics/board from last season, we need adjustment time, i'm pretty sure if Allardyce is half the manager that people will make out he will notice the same problems we have and change them accordlingly.

Lets just move on.

Let's batter the Hammers next week. Howay the lads :)

Something about the line up tells me Allardyce actively went for the 0-0. Anything more would have been a bonus.

As of yet, I'm not complaining. We lost. Big fucking deal. Nothing we're not used to. How the manager and players react after this is very telling of how things will go this season. A tepid affair on our part, but you knew that from the line up.

Patience patience patience. Some of you on here are unbelievable!!! Fickle muppets!

i liked the comment earlier on . that same team under roder would have won. But maybe we are just finding our feet

Utter shite tbh. Whoever said that didn't watch us last season; we would have lost by more. The only thing that gives that comment the merest credibility, is that it would have been a bottom three clash and we'd have been up for it.

Agree with Quagmire/Claypool btw.

Sorry but i am really pissed off with Big Sam, his taem selection was terrible then he takes off Owen for Martins? WTF?!?!?! then he puts on 2 defenders, again, WTF?!?!?!

Owen was injured.

Didnt know that, hope its not serious

We were destined for a top 6 finish after beating Bolton by most on here ffs... Calm down, It's was a s*** match, i would of rather poked my eyes out with a red hot poker than watching that tbh... But it's not half as bad as people are making out, we always let teams/players who are on a bad run get one over on us..

It's a totally different manager/team/tactics/board from last season, we need adjustment time, i'm pretty sure if Allardyce is half the manager that people will make out he will notice the same problems we have and change them accordlingly.

Lets just move on.

Let's batter the Hammers next week. Howay the lads :)

I like you optimism, but for me it wasn't the result itself that annoyed the most, It was the team selection and the poor performance of most of our players who could not even make a simple pass or handle the ball at all today.

and speaking about Ameobi.....(i'll stay quiet about that instead)

Something about the line up tells me Allardyce actively went for the 0-0. Anything more would have been a bonus.

As of yet, I'm not complaining. We lost. Big f****** deal. Nothing we're not used to. How the manager and players react after this is very telling of how things will go this season. A tepid affair on our part, but you knew that from the line up.

Patience patience patience. Some of you on here are unbelievable!!! Fickle muppets!

whey hey  big boy ..calm down

Whether Owen was injured or not during the game doesn't matter. It's the fact that Martins was left on the bench at the start of the game. Fair enough if Viduka was playing.

All this shit about Owen and Martins not being able to play together, it's got to be a better fucking bet that Ameobi upfront.

As of yet, I'm not complaining. We lost. Big fucking deal. Nothing we're not used to. How the manager and players react after this is very telling of how things will go this season. A tepid affair on our part, but you knew that from the line up.

Fair post.

As of yet, I'm not complaining. We lost. Big f****** deal. Nothing we're not used to. How the manager and players react after this is very telling of how things will go this season. A tepid affair on our part, but you knew that from the line up.

whey hey  big boy ..calm down

How did you know I was big?

Our lack of penertration came from playing players with no width ... ie  milner on the left who tries to cut in, because he cant cross on the left foot, and smith who tries to play in field because he cant play wide right.. which basically means no width, and no creativity... playing gerimi and butt is like playing butt and parker... a no no

Even Dean Leacock had more penetration than us.