Derby 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 17/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

i am still very positive, but only because i think that now sam will sub the captain, i hope he now realises that AS cannot play wide right, and that shola is guff unless playing against uefa teams and the fat that he didnt have much on the bench that could have changed the way we played.. ie no creative midfielders....  the problem

Our lack of penertration came from playing players with no width ... ie  milner on the left who tries to cut in, because he cant cross on the left foot, and smith who tries to play in field because he cant play wide right.. which basically means no width, and no creativity... playing gerimi and butt is like playing butt and parker... a no no

Even Dean Leacock had more penetration than us.

I bet he did! Oooh-errr!

Our lack of penertration came from playing players with no width ... ie  milner on the left who tries to cut in, because he cant cross on the left foot, and smith who tries to play in field because he cant play wide right.. which basically means no width, and no creativity... playing gerimi and butt is like playing butt and parker... a no no

Even Dean Leacock had more penetration than us.

I bet he did! Oooh-errr!

:lol:

Butt-5 Worst performer on the pitch. He could barely stay on his feet let alone retain the ball.

Owen-4 Invisible without creativity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Owen didn't perform because he couldn't. I give him a 4 because of his absence in the game butt was awful when he was in the game.

Something about the line up tells me Allardyce actively went for the 0-0. Anything more would have been a bonus.

As of yet, I'm not complaining. We lost. Big f****** deal. Nothing we're not used to. How the manager and players react after this is very telling of how things will go this season. A tepid affair on our part, but you knew that from the line up.

Patience patience patience. Some of you on here are unbelievable!!! Fickle muppets!

whey hey  big boy ..calm down

How did you know I was big?

upside down pictures :rolleyes:

Butt-5 Worst performer on the pitch. He could barely stay on his feet let alone retain the ball.

Owen-4 Invisible without creativity.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Owen didn't perform because he couldn't. I give him a 4 because of his absence in the game but was awful when he was in the game.

At least he could make a simple pass

Owen did one thing in the game. That was to expertly take the ball around the keeper with speed, then convert the ball back into a goalscoring position for a teammate, from an awkward position. To give him a 4 is a bit of a nonsense, really; he just wasn't in it.

I could honestly not see Ameobi do ANYTHING good at all...

Good? Average would have been a bonus.

ball bouncing off his shin or hip... 10 or 20 offsides.... the usual crack.. the usual ameobi

I could honestly not see Ameobi do ANYTHING good at all...

Good? Average would have been a bonus.

Heck, I'd have given him a standing ovation if he'd managed to stay on his feet for 90 minutes.

Incidentally words cannot express how angry I was that Given was not in goal tonight.

Would Given of saved the goal like?

Probably not, but he'd have made a better attempt at it and not look like a total clown. Not that i reckon that was Sparks' point, like.

i liked the comment earlier on . that same team under roder would have won. But maybe we are just finding our feet

Utter s**** tbh. Whoever said that didn't watch us last season; we would have lost by more. The only thing that gives that comment the merest credibility, is that it would have been a bottom three clash and we'd have been up for it.

Agree with Quagmire/Claypool btw.

well maybe son ..thats how good we are

Incidentally words cannot express how angry I was that Given was not in goal tonight.

Well i cannot understand why you dont have anything else to complain about before mentioning Harper starting instead of Given.

But i agree. Given is our best keeper and should start when fit

Allardyce:

"The sad thing is that we had 14 players away on international duty and and that looked apparent.

"Before the break we were on a roll after the Wigan win, but some of the players looked jaded.

"We had opportunities, but we didn't take them and we were beaten by a wonder goal."

Sorry Sam, but I just don't buy that I'm afraid. If anything we've been in the best position of the weekend playing on Monday.

Its got nothing to do with the goal, Given is our best goalkeeper and should therefore be the first name on the teamsheet. Like I have said before, you don't f*** about with your goalkeeper you pick your first choice and that's it he stays in the team. You don't change it unless he starts making mistakes.

Right now Harper is first choice, and that pisses me off.

This defeat will kill off all the hypes about us at the momment so it is a welcome sign. We don't have a proper midfilder and we are extermly thi in that area. Amobie is sh++ as well I hate the idea off big man and small man combination. If Viduka is not fir Martins should partner Owen.

Allardyce:

"The sad thing is that we had 14 players away on international duty and and that looked apparent.

"Before the break we were on a roll after the Wigan win, but some of the players looked jaded.

"We had opportunities, but we didn't take them and we were beaten by a wonder goal."

Sorry Sam, but I just don't buy that I'm afraid. If anything we've been in the best position of the weekend playing on Monday.

I don't either. A textbook old pro manager excuse after international week.

Guest MagicNumber9

Was kinda expecting that result with the starting line up, absolutley shocking.

Never mind its over, bounce back with a good win against West 'am and ill be happy, move on....