Derby 1 - 0 Newcastle United - 17/09/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

*Any old joker at left back wouldn't have made any differance as Derby were always going to play on the break and we were going to enjoy long bouts of pressure in and around their area.

Exactly which is why I can't get my head round the fact N'Zogbia was there for the whole fricking game. We're chasing the game and need a spark, just stick Geremi or someone back there and get the players who can hurt the opposition in the areas where they can do just that instead of recieving the ball off the centre back and then passing down the line.

Not only is Smith useless, it's becoming clear that the blokes a liability and he'll be sent off soon.

How many yellow cards has he got so far this season?

Four in six games. Three in the league though, before you get any ideas. :lol:

One more yellow and he gets a ban then doesn't he?

Does the cup card count towards the five?

I would have thought so, if you get a ban then that includes all domestic cup games.

Only Europe is different.

Ah, apologies. He'll miss the Arsenal game then, as someone else said earlier.

He needs 5 yellows for a ban, Dave.

The Arsenal game isn't next.

But you have to wait 7 or 14 days after receiving your 5th yellow for your ban to kick in.

Oh yeah. Fuck it then.

Pretty sad that after every match you wonder why the f*ck we exactly bought that pile of steaming sh*te called Alan Smith. He is woeful.

People had a go at me when I suggested £6m could have been better spent...

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

3 spontaneous comments:

1. We need to play either Taylor or Faye in the center defence because Roz and Caccapa were totally dominated in the air (I would prefer Taylor and Roz).

2. We desperately need a creative central midfielder, which hopefully Barton or/and Emre can provide.

3. Never play Ameobi again!

In fairness though, people preaching about knee-jerking are right. It was one of them shite nights where, unfortunately, the opposition had to treat it like a cup final. In hindsight, a win was always unlikely, it's just unfortunate that we were too shit to even sneak a draw. Sam'll learn a lot from this aswell and hopefully the likes of Emre and Viduka could be back soon. We'll beat West Ham.

Desperate for Barton to be back more than anyone, though. Oh and Ramage.

It was nailed on we were going to lose today. We ALWAYS lose these matches.

Pretty sad that after every match you wonder why the f*ck we exactly bought that pile of steaming sh*te called Alan Smith. He is woeful.

Don't think he put one cross in today. Appalling for a right midfielder.  Oh how I miss solano.

Should have spent it on a carthorse forward who can actually get head to ball.

Don't think he put one cross in today. Appalling for a right midfielder.  Oh how I miss solano.

A cross?! FFS, he barely touched the ball all match.

*Any old joker at left back wouldn't have made any differance as Derby were always going to play on the break and we were going to enjoy long bouts of pressure in and around their area.

Exactly which is why I can't get my head round the fact N'Zogbia was there for the whole fricking game. We're chasing the game and need a spark, just stick Geremi or someone back there and get the players who can hurt the opposition in the areas where they can do just that instead of recieving the ball off the centre back and then passing down the line.

We're really lacking some creativity, it's nights like this often against weaker sides who def deep the creative player will make those extra half dozen chances the goal comes from.

Oh how I miss solano.

:weep:

I told you Alan Smith was dogshit. No pace, no creativity, no goals, no technical ability, no footballing brain.

Just stupid hair and lots of fouls.

Thank fuck Allardyce bought him before Moyes had the chance. Phil Neville and Alan Smith at centre mid would make me cry.

I told you Alan Smith was dogshit. No pace, no creativity, no goals, no technical ability, no footballing brain.

Just stupid hair and lots of fouls.

Thank fuck Allardyce bought him before Moyes had the chance. Phil Neville and Alan Smith at centre mid would make me cry.

Still. At least you can point to him when people start saying Milner's shit.

just what i was thinking during the match. solano at left back, they would of have been reeling

Guest Shotgun Mick

Abysmal to a man.

Totally pointless playing Smith right midfield. If he wants to play the big man small man thing up front why not play Smith and Owen? Smith is a way better player than Shola (not hard) and he has a lot more physical presence. Shola actually gets shorter when he jumps. He gets paid to play football...this makes me sad!

Then he can play Milner on the right, Charles on the left and a proper fucking left back.

One of the most frustrating performances since Souness.

I'm shocked at how bad we were tonight. Ok we've been beaten by a fantastic goal and we should have had a stonewall penalty, but that's no excuse for how little we created. The fact that our best chance was missed by our centre half sums us up tonight - why the fuck was he arriving and not one of our midfielders?

There are some people on this very forum who think Shola Ameobi is a better bet up front than Mark Viduka - that doesn't just make me worry abut NUFC fans, it makes me weep for humankind. 6 foot 3 inches and he didn't win one header, bring one ball down, fucking hell, he barely touched the thing without either fouling the defender or being offside. Shocking.

Our lack of penertration came from playing players with no width ... ie  milner on the left who tries to cut in, because he cant cross on the left foot, and smith who tries to play in field because he cant play wide right.. which basically means no width, and no creativity... playing gerimi and butt is like playing butt and parker... a no no

Harper - 5. Sort out your positioning ffs. Cracking strike but where the fuck was he for that goal?

Taylor - 5. Couldn't play a pass, offered nothing going forward.

Rozehnal - 5. Clumsy in all areas, and offered very little going forward.

Caçapa - 6. Fairly solid.

N'Zogbia - 5. Pretty shite going forward, passing was atrocious, but atleast showed some endeavour.

Smith - 4. He was playing? Ah yeah, he was the one with the footballing sithe in his hand - i remember.

Geremi - 6. He's going to be good for us, he's a tough-tackling ball player. Needs to be played with someone who can actually attack, though...

Butt - 4. ... utter dogshit. Worst player on the pitch. He didn't have a clue where the fuck he was half the time.

Milner - 6. Worked his balls off and looked like the only one who could creat something, though that was a rarety in itself.

Ameobi - 4. Utterly terrible. There to do a job, win balls, hold it up, and play it. Also maybe get himself into one or two goalscoring positions and maybe, maybe shoot on target. Did none of that.

Owen - 6. Not in it, but did well rounding Bywater.

---

Still, and although it sounds like it now, it's not a lost cause. This performance will be anomoly when you look back at our first ten games, i reckon.