Team for West Ham.....

beardsleymagic

Just straw grasping here...

Its at home so not be brave and go three at the back? Zoggy is wasted at LB and we have no other fker to play there, so play three CB's and 2 wing backs in Milner and Zoggy.

---------------------Given

-------Taylor------Cacapa-------Roze

Milner-----------------------------------Zoggy

---------------------Faye

-------Geremi------------------Smith

------------Owen----------Martins

The only way I'd even think of that formation Skirge would be to swap Smith with N'Zogbia, and Enrique in at wing-back.

Its how I would prefer it but I did not do it that way as I don't know if Enrique will be fit for Sunday or not, I went for a selection from who we have available right now.

bloody hell, according to Physioroom even Babayaro may be fit for the West Ham game:

Newcastle United 9 M Owen Groin Strain             23rd Sep 07 

J Enrique Hamstring Injury 23rd Sep 07 

M Viduka Hamstring Injury 23rd Sep 07 

Emre Calf/Shin Injury     23rd Sep 07 

P Ramage ACL Knee Injury Apr 08 

S Carr Hamstring Injury   7th Oct 07 

C Babayaro Groin Strain 23rd Sep 07 

J Barton Metatarsal Fracture 7th Oct 07 

D Duff Sprained Ankle             3rd Nov 07 

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Whoever we pick, whatever Sam tells them - It's going to be boring as fuck.  I'm not looking forward to it, and it's my first game in the Prem this year.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I honestly think that if we lose this we face ''mid-table mediocrity'' yet again.

Mid table mediocrity, along with Wigan, Boro, Spurs and Portsmouth?  God, we are lucky aren't we?

I reckon Emre will not see enough of the ball if he is out wide, but a bigger worry is this Owen needing a hernia op story thats floating around, Martins may be getting a start anyway now. Although they are not talking about an op now but in the near future.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/15892/Owen-s-new-op-scare/

MICHAEL Owen’s latest injury is in danger of triggering a clash between Newcastle and England coach Steve McClaren.

There are mounting fears that Owen will eventually need surgery to clear up a hernia problem.

It would suit Newcastle ­manager Sam Allardyce if Owen could have the operation during the international break next month.

But McClaren is desperate to include Owen in his team for the vital European qualifiers against Estonia and Russia at the start of October.

And Owen is backing McClaren because he is determined to ­feature in the England squad after his spectacular return.

The situation could change if the injury gets worse next week when Newcastle face three games inside a week.

Owen is unlikely to play in all of them, but Allardyce insisted yesterday that a scan showed Owen is “absolutely fine.” Big Sam has already pencilled his star striker in to play against West Ham on Sunday.

But it is doubtful if the England forward will be able to figure again just two days later in the Carling Cup tie at Arsenal.

Newcastle are eager to have Owen fully fit before they lose Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins for three weeks when he goes to the African Nations Cup early in the New Year.

bloody hell, according to Physioroom even Babayaro may be fit for the West Ham game:

Newcastle United 9 M Owen Groin Strain              23rd Sep 07 

J Enrique Hamstring Injury 23rd Sep 07 

M Viduka Hamstring Injury 23rd Sep 07 

Emre Calf/Shin Injury     23rd Sep 07 

P Ramage ACL Knee Injury Apr 08 

S Carr Hamstring Injury   7th Oct 07 

C Babayaro Groin Strain 23rd Sep 07 

J Barton Metatarsal Fracture 7th Oct 07 

D Duff Sprained Ankle             3rd Nov 07 

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

You forgot about this one! may change your plans a little :giggle:

Rozehnal race for Hammers

20070920 09:26 

Key defender David Rozehnal has said he expects to be fit for Sunday's St James' Park showdown with West Ham.

The summer signing limped away from Pride Park on Monday after landing heavily on his leg in the second half of the 1-0 defeat to Billy Davies' struggling Rams. 

But the 27-year-old has said he expects to have shaken off the knock in time for the weekend visit of Alan Curbishley's Hammers. 

"My leg was really painful after the game," the former PSG defender told the club's official website. 

"I went in the air for a header and then came down heavily and got a kick. 

You've got more injuries than us and thats saying something.

-------------------- Given

Beye --- Rozenhal --- Cacapa --- Enrique

Milner --- Geremi --- Emre --- N'Zogbia

------------ Owen --- Martins --------------

Bench:

Harper

Taylor

Butt

Smith

Viduka

I honestly think Enrique being fit is probably more use for us on sunday,  then the likes of Owen/Viduka.  If we can get him in at left-back,  then Zoggy going into left midfield,  and having Milner on the right instead of Smith would be fantastic.  Zoggys been very good so far this season,  and he's played every game at left-back.  Getting forward more,  without having to worry about the defensive side of his game as much,  should do him wonders.

If that happens,  I fully expect Sam to go 4-4-2 this weekend.  2 decent wingers, 2 of geremi/butt/smith/emre in the middle,  and Owen/Viduka up front.  Perhaps if Viduka misses out,  he's more likely to go 4-3-3,  as he seems determined not to play Martins and Owen together in a 4-4-2.

Given

Beye  Cacapa Taylor Enrique

Milner Geremi Smith N'Zogbia

Viduka Owen

If Viduka misses out,  I assume he'll give Ameobi a miss after the Derby shitfest,  and go 4-3-3;

Given

Beye Cacapa Taylor Enrique

Geremi Butt Zoggy

Milner Smith Owen

Perhaps?  Then again,  if Enrique misses out too,  Zoggy at LB,  Smith back into midfield,  and maybe Martins on the right of Owen,  with Milner on the left.

I have no fucking clue really. 

Ifw e are lucky we will get this, with Milner and Zoggy swapping over throughout the game.

--------------Given-----------

Beye---Taylor---Roz---Enrique

Zogg--Geremi---Emre--Milner

--------Owen-----Martins------

BENCH

Harper

Taylor

Faye

Butt

Viduka/Smith

.....................Harper

Taylor...Cacapa...Rozenhal...N'Zogbia

..Smith...Geremi...Butt...Milner

..............Owen.......Viduka

Taylor and Smith down the right again, and Butt? Seriously?

If Enrique can't make the team (meaning N'Zogbia has to stay at left-back), i'd rather have Milner down the right and Emre on the left - rather than have Smith anywhere near the midfield.