Team for West Ham.....

beardsleymagic

I woke up this morning, and I have NO faith. :(

I have been concerned at the damage that appalling performance against Derby has done.

It seems a case of the last straw that broke the camels back.

Not at all confident and i think we will loose 0-2

still

TOON TOON

BLAGANWHYDARMEE

Who ?

You speaking Congalese ? :razz:

I reckon 2-2.

Which won't be enough after the Derby mess. :undecided:

I'd like to see Martins in the team, simply because with Zoggy stuck in defence (Enrique's not playing) we'll need some pace and movement.

Neither Viduka nor Owen are willing to play the channels the way Martins does. Our goal against Wigan came because of Martins' willingness to move into those wider positions to find space and time on the ball. With Viduka and Owen only playing through the middle and little pace or creativity coming from the flanks, we look a bit one-dimensional. We've been praying for a penalty or a goal from a set-piece too much this season, we're really lacking movement to pull teams apart and score from open play. We did play some good stuff against Wigan, but we need to remind ourselves that it was Wigan at home and we made hard work of it.

Guest MagicNumber9

Come on people, Derby was a shambles, I agree, but we're not going to be beaten by West Ham @ St James.

2-1 Toon win Owen scoring first :D

Guest Town-Toon

I would like Martins to start.  

I think it depends on Owens fitness.  If Big Sam thinks he can get 60min out of Owen he will start him instead of Martins.

I have been concerned at the damage that appalling performance against Derby has done.

It seems a case of the last straw that broke the camels back.

Relegation then? :lol:

Maybe we could speak to the FA and see if we can arrange a swap with one of the championship teams that are doing well at the moment. Don't see why we should waste this season when someone else is probably going to give it a better go.

I would be wary about a Cacapa - Rozehnal partnership against Ashton, would feel a little more comfortable with Faye or Taylor in there.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wolves 1 - 0 Man U

Liverpool 0 - 0 Birmingham

Man u 0 - 0 Reading

Sunderland 1 - 0 Spurs

Everyone has bad days guys, the overreaction is astounding.

Keep the faith Big Sam will lead us to the promised land!!

I'd like to see Martins in the team, simply because with Zoggy stuck in defence (Enrique's not playing) we'll need some pace and movement.

Neither Viduka nor Owen are willing to play the channels the way Martins does. Our goal against Wigan came because of Martins' willingness to move into those wider positions to find space and time on the ball. With Viduka and Owen only playing through the middle and little pace or creativity coming from the flanks, we look a bit one-dimensional. We've been praying for a penalty or a goal from a set-piece too much this season, we're really lacking movement to pull teams apart and score from open play. We did play some good stuff against Wigan, but we need to remind ourselves that it was Wigan at home and we made hard work of it.

good point, though perhaps that would be best in away games when the opposition defend high and leave lots of space behind. saying that Martins' assist was at home so who knows...

Christianity is the way to go my good man.

Hey - watch it !

You'll have the islamo-defenders ranting "racist" at you !

Owen and Martins won't start:

"The difficulty is playing Oba and Michael together, does that disrupt the rest of the team?

"Maybe, and do I know them well enough yet? No."

didn't seem to bother him that an unfit Viduka or hopeless Ameobi disrupted the rest of the side, or that smith at right midfield did too.