Team for West Ham.....

beardsleymagic

I would play

Given

Faye  Roz  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Geremi  Emre  N'Zogbia

Owen  Martins

Would be my ideal team. Beye I reckon, it's too early to throw him in at RB. Faye's experience in the PL will see him slip in easily compared to Beye.

Would love Enrique and Emre to play so that we could push Zoggy into midfield and get some creativity in there. If Owen and Martins doesn't work, or Owen's injured, have Smith or Viduka come in in Owen's place.

Mine would be

Given

Beye Roz Cacapa Taylor

Milner Faye Geremi Zoggy

Viduka Owen

I know Taylor isnt a LB but as Enrique wont play he is the only option as i think Zoggy needs to play midfield

Score

0-2 West Ham

GK - Given

RB - Beye

LB - Enrique

CB - Rozehnal

CB - Cacapa

RM - Milner

LM - N'Zogbia

CM - Geremi

CM - Faye

CF - Owen

CF - Martins

No more b*llocks and playing players out-of-position, play 4-4-2, with the best RB, best LB, best two CMs, etc.

i like this

Guest Darth Toon

Given

Beye - Taylor - Cacapa - N'Zogbia

Martins - Geremi  -  Butt  - Milner

Viduka - Owen

Playing a fluid formation, with Martins sometimes pushing up to make a 4-3-3.

No Emre or Enrique according to Alan Oliver.

Neither are match fit.

If thats true. We still need to try and be more positive and create for Owen etc. I'd put Edgar LB or even Baba because we need zoggy futher up the pitch. I'd either go:

Given

Beye  Cacapa  Taylor  Edgar

Milner   Smith   Geremi  Zoggy

Owen Martins

or

Given

Beye  Cacapa  Taylor  Zoggy

Milner   Smith   Geremi  Martins

Owen Ameobi

* puts tin hat on in preparation for the Anti Shola brigade*

Big Sam will probably play Butt, Smith and Geremi. Leaving Martins on the bench  :weep:

Guest WHU Lass

Ashton is better with the ball at his feet than he is in the air tbh, he's a similar sort of striker to Viduka so any comparisons with Howard are way off.

Sorry, but that's just plain wrong.

Re Bellamy:  from the o/s:

"Alan Curbishley is hoping Craig Bellamy will be fit to face his former club Newcastle United on Sunday. Craig has been suffering with a tight groin in recent weeks and had to come off in the first half of the Hammers' 3-0 win over Middlesbrough.

"The problem, as we understand it, is that he has been wearing orthotics in his boot to correct discomfort he's felt in certain areas," explained Curbs. "It has cleared up the problem he had, but created another.

"We thought it might be a hernia but it's just that the mouldings have put more pressure on certain parts of his body that before. It's just something we'll have to work through."

Doubt whether Parker will start, he needs match practice, has only played just under 2 reserve games so far.

If Bellamy not fit, hope Curbs plays Camara alongside Ashton.  Cole is a donkey!

Either way, I fully expect to lose - we never win at SJP :'(

Ashton is better with the ball at his feet than he is in the air tbh, he's a similar sort of striker to Viduka so any comparisons with Howard are way off.

Everytime I've seen him he's better on the floor with his back to goal, I've never thought of him as a great threat in the air in the same way I'd think of someone like Howard.

The only goal I can remember him scoring for your lot with his head was against Birmingham (I think) which was already going in anyway.

Guest WHU Lass

Everytime I've seen him he's better on the floor with his back to goal, I've never thought of him as a great threat in the air in the same way I'd think of someone like Howard.

The only goal I can remember him scoring for your lot with his head was against Birmingham (I think) which was already going in anyway.

May not score a lot with his head but wins a helluva lot in the air and knocks on to his strike partners and very aware of the players around him.  Also very good with back to goal and ball at feet tho.

Seems the squad of 16 will be what I expected it to be, so I'm sticking with the 4-3-3 with Owen, Viduka and Martins up front. Geremi, Faye and Milner in the midfield.

Will be very surprised to see it happen, mind.

“Emre is training but he is not match fit"

“The same applies to Jose Enrique who will not be involved on Sunday, but who will go with us next week to Arsenal and Manchester City”

Both Emre and Enrique have been training and are Fit but not "Match fit/Lack of games" means they won't be involved...

Quite bizarre as Enrique has been left out of the Reserve squads and has been training for weeks and Emre played two games in a week for Turkey just a week ago...

Play em Sam

Im already having doubts about Enrique, been at the club for what, 3 weeks now and still isnt match fit. Will we see him before Xmas?

We really need him, Baba is forevere injured, and as much as Zoggy is doing a good job,we need him in midfield for his creativity.

As others are saying, I'd rather we stuck Taylor in at LB, and let Zoggy go in midfield on Sunday.

Im already having doubts about Enrique, been at the club for what, 3 weeks now and still isnt match fit. Will we see him before Xmas?

We really need him, Baba is forevere injured, and as much as Zoggy is doing a good job,we need him in midfield for his creativity.

As others are saying, I'd rather we stuck Taylor in at LB, and let Zoggy go in midfield on Sunday.

Enrique damaged his hamstring, it's not simply about match fitness. He's been properly injured.

Anyone have an idea what the hammers are likely to line up as?

Solano has a chance, Bowyer will probably start, Dyer is out, Bellamy? Parker?

Will Ashton start up front, etc etc.

West Ham are decent, but if we get the midfield sorted, we should be able to beat them, they are certainly not a team of world beaters.

No Emre or Enrique according to Alan Oliver.

Neither are match fit.

Whereas Big Sam has just said on NUFC World that both are fit to play.

Interesting. Unless he just meant they'd be fit for Arsenal (a), as he went straight into talking about the upcoming week.

Glad that they'll be involved from Wednesday at least, personally.